Any hiring of UPS package drivers directly off the street?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You been creeping me?
images

bowflex

My hub already hired 2 reg temps for full time and have one more spot left so they say.. I don't want it though. I am very happy with reg temp long vacation and reg temp the next year. The only problem is every year I have to go to another hub because I burn bridges. They know what they are looking for and at the right hub there's a good chance you can get full time. I just wish I could do reg temp at the same hub every year.

You've Got Mail

Hey guys. First post here. I had my interview exactly two weeks ago. I was about to call and ask if the job was still available, and then I got the call. I was driving when it happened, so I had to call back, and nobody answered so I left a message. Looks like I'll be scheduled for a road test when they get back to me.

I'm beyond nervous. I drive a stick every single day, but my car is like 1/5 the size of a package truck. Also, I have a big beard. I'm fine with shaving it, but I was told I can keep it until the first day I put my browns on.

So to answer the OP, yes they are hiring full-time seasonal drivers off the street. I hope to be one of them.

Ms.PacMan

Above and beyond.....this is what UPS looks for initially.

My second peak at UPS I was a seasonal driver BUT I started at 4am, worked the preload, drove all day then ran for other drivers if I was done before someone else. They offered me the off the street hire after that peak.

You have to get noticed.