Any insight in Dallas backlog?

We have them outright breaking the law with their "you can keep working on property" HOS lies. There was a driver last Saturday that worked 19 hours punch to punch.

It's outright crazy.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

I'm not one to bitch on behalf of corporate, but this irked the :censored2: outta me:

Gene Kim, of Coppell, is waiting for three packages to be delivered to his home - Christmas presents for his children and a friend. Two of the packages arrived at the UPS Dallas distribution center on Monday, December 9, according to tracking information the company provided for Kim.

"The frustrating thing is UPS is telling us to look at the tracking number and to keep on tracking it," Kim told NBC DFW on Sunday. "What I know is my packages are stuck in a trailer, they're sitting in Dallas and so there is not, there's not going to be a change to it until they start unloading those trailers."

Another concern that Kim raised, as have several other customers who contacted NBC DFW, is that he has already received other UPS deliveries that were ordered after the ice storm and appear to have been routed through the exact same distribution center

Kim said that leads him to believe the already-delayed packages are being purposefully put on the back burner to ensure that new shipments do not join them in the backlog.

He's never stepped inside a UPS facility and has already concocted a conspiracy theory as to why his package hasn't been delivered yet. I understand news outlets want to add a "human element" to a head line, but did they have to pick the closest jackass within arm's reach?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We sent one of our sups there to help. I think we should have sent them all. :oops: He doesn't get to come back til Christmas Eve. No one wanted to go but several of us hourly volunteered. :peaceful:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Why send 10 management people when one professional union service provider would suffice?
My helper (management) didn't show up yesterday because he was restricted (hurt).

upschuck

I hear they are rolling about a million a day. My district is sending about 20 people to deliver sat, sun, mon and tues.

TXCiclista

Not getting a reassuring feeling from this thread. I've got a package that's been stuck at "Unload Scan" in Dallas since Dec 13. Doesn't sound like they're prioritizing those packages anymore. Should I be shopping for a different gift? Or is there still hope it'll be here by the 24th? (Live in Fort Worth, just 45m away)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Not getting a reassuring feeling from this thread. I've got a package that's been stuck at "Unload Scan" in Dallas since Dec 13. Doesn't sound like they're prioritizing those packages anymore. Should I be shopping for a different gift? Or is there still hope it'll be here by the 24th? (Live in Fort Worth, just 45m away)

Not 100% sure, but my experience is it will be on your doorstep, by the 24th. It might be midnight, but I bet we get it there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I say this every year. If your kids Christmas is going to be ruined or saved by a simple gift then you have greater problems than a late gift.
Every kids Christmas is ruined or saved by what presents they get. They are kids. It's as simple as that.