Any insight in Dallas backlog?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every kids Christmas is ruined or saved by what presents they get. They are kids. It's as simple as that.

This is the sad reality of where we are as a society. Kids see the commercials on TV or, if they are older, see what their friends have.

My most memorable Christmases (sp?) were when the kids were young and they had more fun playing with the box that they toy came in.

The values they are taught by their parents should be more important.

100% agree but it still doesn't mean they won't be disappointed.

OPTION3

We sent one of our sups there to help. I think we should have sent them all. :oops: He doesn't get to come back til Christmas Eve. No one wanted to go but several of us hourly volunteered. :peaceful:
Does anyone see it like this?……The management people they sent….at the busiest time of the year….are REALLY non-essential positions---hence they sent them to an "emergency"? They probably won't be missed at their "normal" job…..hell I bet things run BETTER than when they were there!!!!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My automotive supervisor was sent to Dallas last week. Guess I shouldn't expect my burnt out backup light to be repaired anytime soon.:balloon:

This is the sad reality of where we are as a society. Kids see the commercials on TV or, if they are older, see what their friends have.

My most memorable Christmases (sp?) were when the kids were young and they had more fun playing with the box that they toy came in.

100% agree but it still doesn't mean they won't be disappointed.

A smart parent would use it as a learning lesson about those who'll have nothing even when UPS gets it's shizit together. Take the kids somewhere to help less fortunate. When the gifts do show they can be excited but they'll also now know it wasn't the end of the world either.

Not getting a reassuring feeling from this thread. I've got a package that's been stuck at "Unload Scan" in Dallas since Dec 13. Doesn't sound like they're prioritizing those packages anymore. Should I be shopping for a different gift? Or is there still hope it'll be here by the 24th? (Live in Fort Worth, just 45m away)

Will it really be the end of the world if it isn't?

ups1990

My guess is that FEDEX, is in the same predicament but cant find any stories online relating to it.

The stress level is thru the roof under normal conditions and now add a massive backlog. It's my understanding that this will be a huge undertaking for UPS to pull it off but one thing is for certain, never underestimate what drivers are capable producing! Guys in my loop are bringing it each and every record breaking day and come in with good attitudes and so I step up my game as well. U guys in your respected centers could say the same.

We know that 300 additional managers have been brought in to help. Will UPS rent 150 uhaul's? How many of them will stay inside the hub to supervise?
Please, those in the know, keep us all informed!!

OPTION3

My guess is that FEDEX, is in the same predicament but cant find any stories online relating to it.

The stress level is thru the roof under normal conditions and now add a massive backlog. It's my understanding that this will be a huge undertaking for UPS to pull it off but one thing is for certain, never underestimate what drivers are capable producing! Guys in my loop are bringing it each and every record breaking day and come in with good attitudes and so I step up my game as well. U guys in your respected centers could say the same.

We know that 300 additional managers have been brought in to help. Will UPS rent 150 uhaul's? How many of them will stay inside the hub to supervise?
And you all will receive your back log of warning letters after the first…thanks for the effort!

STFXG

Can't comment on express, but my hub was running 80 trailers ahead of schedule by Friday. My terminal has been running a bit under what was projected and planned for. Smoothest peak in all my years here.
Should have about 6-8 hrs of work Monday and home by 2 on Tuesday.

C

chuchu

Can't comment on express, but my hub was running 80 trailers ahead of schedule by Friday. My terminal has been running a bit under what was projected and planned for. Smoothest peak in all my years here.
Should have about 6-8 hrs of work Monday and home by 2 on Tuesday.
Does that tell you anything about our volume vs your?

STFXG

And when our contracts are on the line we bring on enough drivers to get the job done. You have no repercussions for failing.