any layoffs yet?

10damon

Heres a good one. Got a message at 430, the usual "what time will you be available" Then 10 mins later "need you on preload 1145 (tonite) When i replied no way was i helping they sent me "of course, you need to sleep" Im not making this up. Needless to say, i bet i wont see the road for awhile.

dirty moose

if you get laid off back into the building do you keep your current pay rate? and pay progression?

im 2 months from top pay, if i get pulled back into the building what happens as far as $?

New Englander

Contract link is on this site.

If your in progression you get your part time rate based upon what it would be(job) with your current seniority.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Volume has been higher this week than the last couple of weeks. I bet the big whigs regret sending the order down to terminate all helpers. LOL!

I had to call my peak helper in and use her today. 201 stops. IE told the Center to only run 60 routes, we needed about 64. Most of the cover drivers were told yesterday to not come in, and they didn't answer the phone this morning. And a lot of them are being forced to run air tomorrow. To top the day off, a trailer with all the sendagains from yesterday was found this afternoon. A lot of drivers had to come back to the building to get them and go back out. This was a rare, really screwed up day today.

W

westsideworma

This was a rare, really screwed up day today.

are we working at the same company? :wink2:

yeah same problems here, heavier than they thought, had to build routes as the shift went on etc. This happens every year the first week after peak is over....I don't know what they don't put that with their amazingly accurate historical documents over in IE. Not to mention I bet those conditions out west didn't help with other areas' volume. I know they're backed up on the package side, dunno about hub operations. Our night sort had a bigger night than they had all peak last night.....just like they did last year at the same time....funny IE/Upper Management doesn't recognize this "trend" as all us PT supes do (least at my building).

gded

Im on vacation this week. Don't miss that truck at all. After 25 years, i need a brake. To all my fellow teamsters happy new year.

brownrodster

Zero layoffs here. I worked 10 hours today and there were less than 10 drivers in before me. Working tomorrow (new years eve). Expect 55 hours paid this week (including holiday pay).

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had to call my peak helper in and use her today. 201 stops. IE told the Center to only run 60 routes, we needed about 64. Most of the cover drivers were told yesterday to not come in, and they didn't answer the phone this morning. And a lot of them are being forced to run air tomorrow. To top the day off, a trailer with all the sendagains from yesterday was found this afternoon. A lot of drivers had to come back to the building to get them and go back out. This was a rare, really screwed up day today.
We had the same problem today, too, Scratch. Although not to the degree you did. It makes me wonder if they tell the sups to eat the same tainted Cheerios on a given morning. LOL They broke out 2 rtes here and had things so screwed up we didn't know if we were coming or going.
My OC actually told drivers that tomorrow was an unpaid holiday. It benefitted me kinda, because one of the drivers said he couldn't afford an unpaid day so he volunteered to work tomorrow and it bumped me off the schedule.:happy-very: I like it. Of course when the driver finds out that tomorrow is paid he is probably going to whine about having to work. When I left tonite I was scheduled off. Not answering my phone in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!