New kinda of stupid!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Your feeble attempt at reverse psychology has failed. If I wanted more money I’d rather just bang out another ten stops than hang out with management and their circle-jerking crew of brown-nosing *.
Reverse psychology I haven’t passed forward psychology you sound like a pusillanimous

Last edited by a moderator:

Pullman Brown

BTW this thread title is not only KINDA stupid, it ISA stupid. Grammatically helping.
giphy.gif

Steamer

"Fill cars up with water instead of fuel to save money". Just as plausible as the other destructive management tactics used to run this company.

BlackCat

Maybe it has been answered but I haven’t been following along…

Most of the guys eligible to be laid off are tues-saturday guys.. wtf do they do on saturdays if you can’t force the rest in?

Partial week layoff?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
UPS has determined its cheaper to pay the ones not laid off and working long hours than have a full staff. They are saving the insurance on vehicles not on road and the gas. Not to mention the pay rate and health insurance and taxes on the ones laid off..in hopes those won't elect to work preload and sort. I don't see an end to this IMO...its the cost of doing business
UPS doesnt carry insurance. They carry a money pot that covers the wrecks.

Steamer

Maybe it has been answered but I haven’t been following along…

Most of the guys eligible to be laid off are tues-saturday guys.. wtf do they do on saturdays if you can’t force the rest in?

Partial week layoff?
They need to go back to a 5 day work week. They are trying to burn up Saturday people to run extra stops. Then laying off higher pay rate Monday-Friday people. The union can't see this? Or doesn't care.

Thebrownblob

They need to go back to a 5 day work week. They are trying to burn up Saturday people to run extra stops. Then laying off higher pay rate Monday-Friday people. The union can't see this? Or doesn't care.
I wish they would go back to a five day work, but they won’t. And if people are going home they’re doing it on their own. If they have got seniority and are on the schedule make them work you. we have language for that.

PT Car Washer

I wish they would go back to a five day work, but they won’t. And if people are going home they’re doing it on their own. If they have got seniority and are on the schedule make them work you. we have language for that.
How many 22.3 only work half their jobs? FT benefits and pension and vacations and Holidays while working a PT job.

Thebrownblob

How many 22.3 only work half their jobs? FT benefits and pension and vacations and Holidays while working a PT job.
At our building? zero, they’re not allowed to. if they start part of their job, they have to finish and report to the next shift. Same with the issue of them not doing the job they bid. We had a problem with that for a while and put an end to that as well.

Thebrownblob

Who's "we"? You and management?
No, the local. The BA that handles the inside employees as well, as the stewards, of which I am not one. I’m on the delivery side. Not doing the job they bid and not reporting to other shifts was causing the company to say they were going to move jobs elsewhere. Because they were not protecting their bids, we have almost 200 of those jobs

Remember, the only one who spends time underneath management desk here is you. It’s well documented and noted.

Last edited:

BrownSnowFlake

But I don’t want to work on Monday. I want to work on Saturday. The dentist is only open a half-day on Saturday or not at all. Even the places that are open all weekend are full of pendejos that you don’t see on a Monday bc they’re sitting in a cubicle.

PT Car Washer

No, the local. The BA that handles the inside employees as well, as the stewards, of which I am not one. I’m on the delivery side. Not doing the job they bid and not reporting to other shifts was causing the company to say they were going to move jobs elsewhere. Because they were not protecting their bids, we have almost 200 of those jobs

Remember, the only one who spends time underneath management desk here is you. It’s well documented and noted.
Another personal attack.