Any New Firings/Layoffs/News?

MAKAVELI

I’d rather get fired and collect unemployment than the tawdry severance. If they just suddenly give you a warning letter, you could claim that you got no previous complaints about your work, then WHAM! OLCC? Nope. Job performance improvement letter? Nope. Just the final step in the hierarchy, a warning letter. Their lack of documentation would be why they lose any appeal.

The only thorn I put in mgt’s side is the trouble I have getting a LEO to open drop boxes. Sometimes both methods work. Sometimes just one. Often, nothing works except the code. I’m told that no one else has this happen. But my mgr has come out, seen me use the correct procedures and saw the box not open.
Check your state employment laws. Here in CA you can collect both.

AB831

We were told by our director it’s “business as usual.” And any sort of thing like this is years away from our market. Of course no one believes it.
Right. I remember being told that the TNT implementation would be successfully completed by early 2017.

Fedexcellent

Who knows what stations/markets are the most likely to go. One would have to think some of the very heavy metropolitan areas like DFW might be the more unlikely to switch over entirely, but that's a bit of hopeful thinking. There's a lot of population growth happening in the metropolex and that might not make sense to merge areas like that.

So far most of the stations have been in the more smaller cities/areas. Jackson, MS is kind of the big outlier so far, but I don't think that's an area that's gaining population and it was only a few hours from the Memphis hub by truck.

zeev

They know who is next couriers will be the last to know , plan is keep taking benefits away and buy more yard signs on how great the employees are.

MassWineGuy

They know who is next couriers will be the last to know , plan is keep taking benefits away and buy more yard signs on how great the employees are.

Yesterday I received in the mail a company propaganda foldout touting how good and important its health benefits are. That’s a sure sign of big changes ahead.

zeev

FedEx loves telling people how great they are actually delivering it another story, kinda like their packages.

Mateo

We had a director come to our station telling the couriers that they should go and become contractors at Ground. Go and be the man instead of working for the man is how he put it. Told us we had at least 24 to 36 months left here.

bacha29

We had a director come to our station telling the couriers that they should go and become contractors at Ground. Go and be the man instead of working for the man is how he put it. Told us we had at least 24 to 36 months left here.
Too bad it's nowhere near as simple as your director is trying to make you believe it is.

Gone fishin

I’m sure they’ll be plenty of takers. Lol

HedleyLamarr

I tip my hat to your director for being honest with you! Most are denying everything!