Any New Firings/Layoffs/News?

HedleyLamarr

I would love to hear about what all is going on at other stations as well.

Here at my station, we are constantly being threatened with warning letters for every little thing. Have lates? Warning letter! Not making 100% SPH? Warning letter! Ankle socks? Warning letter! Didn't log off the Leo when turning it in...you guessed it!

I can't tell you if these are just empty threats or if they have been actually handing letters out. One of the downsides of being a late starter is that by the time you get your truck scanned and sorted, everyone else is gone so I miss out on a lot of the news.

I did get a chance to speak to a fellow courier while punching out the other night, and he told me many feel the company is trying to fire as many people as possible so they won't have to pay as much severance when they shut us down.

Gone fishin

Here at my station, we are constantly being threatened with warning letters for every little thing. Have lates? Warning letter! Not making 100% SPH? Warning letter! Ankle socks? Warning letter! Didn't log off the Leo when turning it in...you guessed it!

I can't tell you if these are just empty threats or if they have been actually handing letters out. One of the downsides of being a late starter is that by the time you get your truck scanned and sorted, everyone else is gone so I miss out on a lot of the news.

I did get a chance to speak to a fellow courier while punching out the other night, and he told me many feel the company is trying to fire as many people as possible so they won't have to pay as much severance when they shut us down.
None of that at our station

SmithBarney

Best you can do is Search "YOUR STATE WARN NOTICES" for example:

FedEx is required to file, if you are up on the chopping block it might show up there.

SmithBarney

One more link, this is a nationwide listing, sort by company name.
Comes from: WARN Layoff Data | WARN Database

Empty Pockets

One more link, this is a nationwide listing, sort by company name.
Comes from: WARN Layoff Data | WARN Database
I was checking some of those sites out and got on here to post some links...but I think your link is better than what I had come across. Thanks for posting.

Most of the state websites are saying that a 60 day notice is mandated while most folks on here had said 90 days. So far, the few places listed were just under 90 days so I am guessing they are trying to give 90 days in case some state may have a stricter notification date.

Good info, thanks again. We have been wondering about our station, and others around us, so we are gonna just check the list every day.

FedexCares

Sounds like they are trying to thin the herd a bit at your station. It’s still 3 letters in a calendar year for automatic termination correct? If they are handing them out for every little thing like you say I could see some firings in the near future.

zeev

Inside major ramp , reliable source says Ground locations in place, big mouth RTD told couriers they would be moved out.

Gone fishin

Wouldn’t that be great , ups just walked out on negotiations. Fedex would implode if there’s a strike. Please , please , please let this happen

MassWineGuy

I’d rather get fired and collect unemployment than the tawdry severance. If they just suddenly give you a warning letter, you could claim that you got no previous complaints about your work, then WHAM! OLCC? Nope. Job performance improvement letter? Nope. Just the final step in the hierarchy, a warning letter. Their lack of documentation would be why they lose any appeal.

The only thorn I put in mgt’s side is the trouble I have getting a LEO to open drop boxes. Sometimes both methods work. Sometimes just one. Often, nothing works except the code. I’m told that no one else has this happen. But my mgr has come out, seen me use the correct procedures and saw the box not open.

Last edited:

FedupExpress

I’d rather get fired and collect unemployment than the tawdry severance. If they just suddenly give you a warning letter, you could claim that you got no previous complaints about your work, then WHAM! OLCC? Nope. Job performance improvement letter? Nope. Just the final step in the hierarchy, a warning letter. Their lack of documentation would be why they lose any appeal.

The only thorn I put in mgt’s side is the trouble I have getting a LEO to open drop boxes. Sometimes both methods work. Sometimes just one. Often, nothing works except the code. I’m told that no one else has this happen. But my mgr has come out, seen me use the correct procedures and saw the box not open.
A fellow pick up route showed me a trick that works 99.9% of time, BT open the top and place Leo next to black box inside lid.

Usually pops immediately maybe a millisecond delay.
There are some that just won't open, those require a crobar.

Serf

We were told by our director it’s “business as usual.” And any sort of thing like this is years away from our market. Of course no one believes it.

MassWineGuy

A fellow pick up route showed me a trick that works 99.9% of time, BT open the top and place Leo next to black box inside lid.

Usually pops immediately maybe a millisecond delay.
There are some that just won't open, those require a crobar.

Nice tip! The NFC method seldom works.