Any New Firings/Layoffs/News?

Guitarman01

We had a director come to our station telling the couriers that they should go and become contractors at Ground. Go and be the man instead of working for the man is how he put it. Told us we had at least 24 to 36 months left here.
That doesn't make sense to me why anyone would say that.

zeev

That doesn't make sense to me why anyone would say that.
They need contractors in the worst way many suckers needed , many trucks for sale shows many contractors have left. The old become your own boss routine will be pushed. Time span will probably be sooner than later, they have been dragging this out for 2 years now.

FedupExpress

I can’t wait to see the results of these merged stations. Can’t hide it forever , numbers will come out no matter how bad
Probably going to fall through the cracks Iike every other great vision. Do any of you really believe Raj is going to innovate haha
He's basically just the Joe Biden of fedex, doesn't have a clue, just reading off the teleprompter.

purplelife

Probably going to fall through the cracks Iike every other great vision. Do any of you really believe Raj is going to innovate haha
He's basically just the Joe Biden of fedex, doesn't have a clue, just reading off the teleprompter.
Well what's the latest from Montana? They were the first.

Hax

We had a director come to our station telling the couriers that they should go and become contractors at Ground. Go and be the man instead of working for the man is how he put it. Told us we had at least 24 to 36 months left here.
Wonder why your director is working for the man when he could go out and buy some routes and start printing money.

zeev

Wonder why your director is working for the man when he could go out and buy some routes and start printing money.
They love math * who’s ego causes them to sink a lot of money into a project they wouldn’t touch with a 100 foot pole.

Last edited by a moderator:

It will be fine

They love math * who’s ego causes them to sink a lot of money into a project they wouldn’t touch with a 100 foot pole.
From my experience management has absolutely no idea what it takes to run a small business. They’ve come up through the ranks managing budgets so the dumb ones think that’s the same thing. They wildly underestimate the risk involved with actually owning your own business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gone fishin

From my experience management has absolutely no idea what it takes to run a small business. They’ve come up through the ranks managing budgets so the dumb ones think that’s the same thing. They wildly underestimate the risk involved with actually owning your own business.
Fedex period has lost its way. Fred was a genius logistically, but forgot how he got there , the Express driver. Fedex is doomed going the direction it’s headed

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I can’t wait to see the results of these merged stations. Can’t hide it forever , numbers will come out no matter how bad

Well what's the latest from Montana? They were the first.
Funny that those Express employees at consolidated stations aren't flooding this board, FB, or any other forums with horror stories of absolute failure.

How many people who said for years that combining Express and Ground was the smart move are also the ones saying it can't possibly work?

anonymous23456

Funny that those Express employees at consolidated stations aren't flooding this board, FB, or any other forums with horror stories of absolute failure.

How many people who said for years that combining Express and Ground was the smart move are also the ones saying it can't possibly work?
You have to go to Reddit to read about FedEx. Most don't come to this site. I think it is that way because this site is mainly UPS first.

Gone fishin

Absolutely merge , but make everyone employees so the company can be successful and give workers living wages and benefits

Gone fishin

And Reddit isn't overrun with those horror stories of failure either, is it?
No , just trucks bulked out pictures complaining they aren’t paid enough and people rejoicing their last day after they quit.
People are definitely starting to wake up to the contractors model and being treated unfairly