Any New Firings/Layoffs/News?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No , just trucks bulked out pictures complaining they aren’t paid enough and people rejoicing their last day after they quit.
People are definitely starting to wake up to the contractors model and being treated unfairly
It's no different than it's ever been, other than shipping volume decreasing for us, Ground, and UPS.

Lates

No , just trucks bulked out pictures complaining they aren’t paid enough and people rejoicing their last day after they quit.
People are definitely starting to wake up to the contractors model and being treated unfairly
I don’t see why anyone would stay with the company unless close to retirement. They are showing you already how much they care about employees.

vantexan

We had people start the week before we found out people would be let go.
That's pretty sad. Similar to when they were telling me newhires they'd top out in 7-8 years when they had no intention to do so. Just meet their immediate needs and if that means letting newhires think they had landed a job with a future that's no skin off their backs.

bacha29

That's pretty sad. Similar to when they were telling me newhires they'd top out in 7-8 years when they had no intention to do so. Just meet their immediate needs and if that means letting newhires think they had landed a job with a future that's no skin off their backs.
You just described the daily work experience of a Ground contractor employed driver.

bacha29

How do you know?
As a matter of curiosity I responded to some posted ads. We got down to benefits and the matter of the advertised healthcare and who pays the premiums. They didn't like being pinned down but finally they said that the employee if they wanted health insurance the premiums would be deducted from their pay.

Helps to explain why I strongly discourage any discharged Express driver from going to work for a Ground contractor. The daily work experience is completely different from what they knew at Express and it is not a pleasant one.