Any News Clippings?

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife is reading 50 shades of gray... I’m getting plenty of tail thank you very much....and yes I still stand by my original post... Christmas problems in the city where corporate is based out of...??? Have you NOT been reading @scratch posts about what’s been going on... put the pipe down ....

Did you get handcuffs for Christmas?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They were bringing in people from all over the country. Airline tickets, motel rooms, car rentals, 70 extra rental vans, $50 a day for meals. Anywhere from two to three hundred extra people on any given day. The hub was a mess with garbage all over the place for weeks. There were about four times as many security guards too. They took our Helper DIAD 4s from us, a lot of them were delivering with a phone app. Info Notices, paper towels, and toilet paper shortages were things I noticed too.
Like the Wild West @scratch???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Some are, although I can't say that I know them. We have had such a turnover with package drivers I don't know most of them. A lot of drivers we have been getting the last couple of years should never have made seniority in the first place. I was hearing stories of drivers bringing back full package cars. We were told by Division not to record missed packages for a while. Now everybody is getting checkin audits.
How many years do the guys/gals who are jumping into feeder have??

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How many years do the guys/gals who are jumping into feeder have??
I mentored one driver last year that worked six months on the Preload, drove Package for a year and a half, and is now in Feeder for the last four months. We have a lot of part-timers with bad driving records or can't pass the driving test. Maybe they just don't have the desire for full-time work. A lot of them don't even own a car, that amazes me.

E

el blanco

I mentored one driver last year that worked six months on the Preload, drove Package for a year and a half, and is now in Feeder for the last four months. We have a lot of part-timers with bad driving records or can't pass the driving test. Maybe they just don't have the desire for full-time work. A lot of them don't even own a car, that amazes me.

a two year journey to feeders, unbelievable

worldwide

Been reading up on the fallout of how UPS ruined Christmas not only for their workers but also their customers. I’ll start!
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

There certainly were problems right after Thanksgiving and in isolated spots around the country (Atlanta, Denver, Virginia) but overall, things got better as the weeks wore on. UPS time-in-transit, as measured by an independent company, was 99.1% the week before Christmas - better than FedEx at 98.7%.

There are always going to be some pockets of issues and the press loves to tell a sad story of little Timmy not getting his toy and parents screaming that "UPS ruined our Christmas!" but overall, UPS did recover from the mess after Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

The wildcard will be what the cost was for all the extra help that was brought in. Although there is no extra cost for salary by bringing in corporate and district people, there are costs for travel, hotel, meals and miles driven. The answer will come in late January on the earnings call but all those costs may be covered by the residential surcharges that UPS put in place this year.

UPS and FedEx Handle Record Holiday Surge With Minimal Delays

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It turned out the drivers fired are mostly new and they were charged with not sheeting missed packages. I have screenshots off my DIAD and phone of Division ordering us not to sheet missed. Integrity is everything with this company....

opie

Our drivers were instructed as well. Message through DIAD to not sheet anything missed. Just don't sheet them, rip off PAL labels, and throw them back on the belt.

It turned out the drivers fired are mostly new and they were charged with not sheeting missed packages. I have screenshots off my DIAD and phone of Division ordering us not to sheet missed. Integrity is everything with this company....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Our drivers were instructed as well. Message through DIAD to not sheet anything missed. Just don't sheet them, rip off PAL labels, and throw them back on the belt.
If you were to do that on your own they would try to fire you....bs double standards... nothing but shady crooks... seriously!!