Any News Clippings?

W

What The Hawk?

You know as well as I do it’s not your direct management.. it’s the corporate goons that make those decisions. Our direct management were begging for more drivers Atlanta said no
I've been here for 14 months, I just like blame my managment. lol

clerkin

Some have the right to be angry...but many don't. Dont go on the news talking about how you knew your kid wanted something for a long time and your ass decided to get it last minute. No sympathy for people like that who blame UPS cause they didn't order it in time.
They didn’t plan very well and they have been doing this Internet shipping for 20 years.. and they know it goes up every year by 10-15 percent so you have to hire more people every peak to help with that growth... I can even tell them that and I’m just a driver... it’s not rocket science....sometimes the shareholders need to take a back seat to what we need to get done...take a stand..
You know management has their heads up their butts. Lol they're not out there in the elements..they think everything on paper is what they should go by..and they knew..but lo and behold..they don't ever learn..Lol
Hopefully one day they will listen to them before it's too late. We aren't the only shipping option
Does UPS follow any of Jim Casey’s rules of success?
I'm thankful for a record year. Screw the shareholders.
I made 90k+ on the 9.5 list, for the 2nd straight year.

Come to work every day, perform at the same level daily, by their methods, and you will be paid....

....while all the pressure magically disappears.

It so simple when you accept who you are.

clerkin

Some have the right to be angry...but many don't. Dont go on the news talking about how you knew your kid wanted something for a long time and your ass decided to get it last minute. No sympathy for people like that who blame UPS cause they didn't order it in time.
They didn’t plan very well and they have been doing this Internet shipping for 20 years.. and they know it goes up every year by 10-15 percent so you have to hire more people every peak to help with that growth... I can even tell them that and I’m just a driver... it’s not rocket science....sometimes the shareholders need to take a back seat to what we need to get done...take a stand..
You know management has their heads up their butts. Lol they're not out there in the elements..they think everything on paper is what they should go by..and they knew..but lo and behold..they don't ever learn..Lol
Hopefully one day they will listen to them before it's too late. We aren't the only shipping option
I'm thankful for a record year. Screw the shareholders.
I made 90k+ on the 9.5 list, for the 2nd straight year.

Come to work every day, perform at the same level daily, by their methods, and you will be paid....

....while all the pressure magically disappears.

It so simple when you accept who you are.

Nope

Give it Time... if UPS doesn’t make a change... 10 years from now somebody else will be leading the industry... right now Ups is the only one that can “handle” the volume...these other companies are playing smart and letting UPS screw themselves

Give it Time... if UPS doesn’t make a change... 10 years from now somebody else will be leading the industry... right now Ups is the only one that can “handle” the volume...these other companies are playing smart and letting UPS screw themselves
They need to invest in the future. We don't have enough capacity now.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The purge has begun. Routes are being cut, crack down on not shaving, and several drivers were fired. Business as usual....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't know the details of what they were fired for, I did hear from others that these guys were slackers. Plenty of extra drivers as peak season volume drops, so I figure they think its a good time to get rid of those that are least best. We have a few management that are totally incompetent, I hope they are next. There were plenty of corporate people around the building watching and taking notes the last few weeks, a few of them are still there. I wonder how much money was spent trying to clean up the mess.

I don't know the details of what they were fired for, I did hear from others that these guys were slackers. Plenty of extra drivers as peak season volume drops, so I figure they think its a good time to get rid of those on the least best lists. We have a few management that are totally incompetent, I hope they are next. There were plenty of corporate people around the building watching and taking notes the last few weeks, a few of them are still there. I wonder how much money was spent trying to clean up the mess.
I'm sure they spent a small fortune

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They were bringing in people from all over the country. Airline tickets, motel rooms, car rentals, 70 extra rental vans, $50 a day for meals. Anywhere from two to three hundred extra people on any given day. The hub was a mess with garbage all over the place for weeks. There were about four times as many security guards too. They took our Helper DIAD 4s from us, a lot of them were delivering with a phone app. Info Notices, paper towels, and toilet paper shortages were things I noticed too.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Seniority drivers?

Some are, although I can't say that I know them. We have had such a turnover with package drivers I don't know most of them. A lot of drivers we have been getting the last couple of years should never have made seniority in the first place. I was hearing stories of drivers bringing back full package cars. We were told by Division not to record missed packages for a while. Now everybody is getting checkin audits.