Any news on raises?

Glorifiedpackmule

You mean to tell me a 28 cent raise doesn't help your financial situation out tremendously??? That's crazy talk. You can at the very least upgrade your McDonald's drink from a medium to a large. Maybe even upgrade your fries while you're at it.

CJinx

.28 an hour is an extra $580 a year assuming a 40 hour work week. Barely noticable day to day but do you really not want the extra money? If that's the case, please write out a check for $582.40 to your local soup kitchen or something. I'm sure they'll appreciate it more than you will.

fedupped

.28 an hour is an extra $580 a year assuming a 40 hour work week. Barely noticable day to day but do you really not want the extra money? If that's the case, please write out a check for $582.40 to your local soup kitchen or something. I'm sure they'll appreciate it more than you will.

And therein lies the problem with Fedex mgmt mentality...beggars cant be choosey.. . If you dont like it leave..there are 500 people standing behind you for your job..DRA is here to stay, it does a great job of sorting stops, but dont use when it obviously is wrong, then just bounce back in, then bounce back out, in, out..get the picture.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You know what we're talking about, so don't act like you don't.

CJinx

No, I just think it's silly to balk at a raise because you don't feel it is enough. It's more money than you were making in the first place! Use it to drown your sorrows in something. I know I would if I had your outlook on things.

I do think it sucks that your raises got deferred to October but that's corporate America for you. At least you got something.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, I just think it's silly to balk at a raise because you don't feel it is enough. It's more money than you were making in the first place! Use it to drown your sorrows in something. I know I would if I had your outlook on things.

I do think it sucks that your raises got deferred to October but that's corporate America for you. At least you got something.

Actually, we have realized a net loss, when you calculate the effects of our great new insurance plan and hours reductions. Sorry you can't do the math.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So how would you like your healthcare plan cost increase, hours reduction and no raise?

It really doesn't matter anyway, which is what I've been saying for months. Anything you are given at FedEx is matched or exceeded by takeaways. That's the way the operate.

!Retired!

That's before taxes and before the raise in healthcare we will pay. I mentioned in another post that between the 3% raise a topped out co-worker got and the raise in healthcare last year, he nets LESS money each week.
And therein lies the problem with Fedex mgmt mentality...beggars cant be choosey.. . If you dont like it leave..there are 500 people standing behind you for your job..DRA is here to stay, it does a great job of sorting stops, but dont use when it obviously is wrong, then just bounce back in, then bounce back out, in, out..get the picture.
Follow DRA on my route and not only will you have lates, it'll take you an extra hour to finish. There's another loop that followed DRA to the letter. 3 weeks later, they turned off DRA for them and it's still off.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

FedEx gave me two raises. One was my cholesterol, and the other was my blood pressure. Actually, the Taco Bell doritos tacos most likely did that. In return for my raise, I do less and less at work. It's a good relationship.