Any other stations going crazy with cutting OT?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Just part of the game. I have seen my numbers consistently rise year over year

I'm sorry, how is it "part of the game" of management not wanting you to know your numbers and trying to hide it from you when they're SHOWING THEM TO YOU and you are IMPROVING?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So why do they give out GAP reports with those numbers on them?

BS. New people cheat by working through lunch (for free) just so they can keep up. SPH doesn't even need to rise at all. The "new and improved" Express employee is basically a Ground driver without a felony. They suck, and Fredward deserves every service failure and friend delay these very marginal employees create. I've seen these folks showing their fellow couriers how to cheat. It doesn't take an Einstein to snap a smartphone pic and enter the data later. And it's very common, Mr.Shill.

The CRAP Report? Yes, those are very meaningful. So, when there's an accident on the highway and it takes me 30 extra minutes to get to a daily stop, the CRAP Report "tells" on me so my manager can make sure I wasn't at Starbucks instead. Then, I get to explain there was a wreck and if he has an issue with my story, he can check it out with the police. Sure makes me feel like part of the team.

Waste of time. Just like you.

MAKAVELI

I'm sorry, how is it "part of the game" of management not wanting you to know your numbers and trying to hide it from you when they're SHOWING THEM TO YOU and you are IMPROVING?
Because I don't need to see my numbers to know I'm doing a good job. And like I said my goals have increased every time I hit them.

Last edited:

59 Dano

BS. New people cheat by working through lunch (for free) just so they can keep up. SPH doesn't even need to rise at all. The "new and improved" Express employee is basically a Ground driver without a felony. They suck, and Fredward deserves every service failure and friend delay these very marginal employees create.

Okie dokie.

The CRAP Report? Yes, those are very meaningful. So, when there's an accident on the highway and it takes me 30 extra minutes to get to a daily stop, the CRAP Report "tells" on me so my manager can make sure I wasn't at Starbucks instead. Then, I get to explain there was a wreck and if he has an issue with my story, he can check it out with the police. Sure makes me feel like part of the team.

You're given a chance to explain your work. That's a bad thing?

Waste of time. Just like you.

Okie dokie.

59 Dano

Because I don't need to see my numbers to know I'm doing a good job.

But you said they were hiding the numbers. How are they hiding them if they go out of their way to show them to you? I know you've bought in to this idea that there's this great, pressing problem of couriers working off the clock and don't want to let it go, but you're contradicting yourself.

MAKAVELI

But you said they were hiding the numbers. How are they hiding them if they go out of their way to show them to you? I know you've bought in to this idea that there's this great, pressing problem of couriers working off the clock and don't want to let it go, but you're contradicting yourself.
I never said they were hiding them. They are just counting on most of us to be ignorant to them and the game they play.

59 Dano

I never said they were hiding them. They are just counting on most of us to be ignorant to them and the game they play.

Eh, semantics. OK, you said they are up but don't want you to know it. So why are they giving you a nice printout of them if they don't want you to know? And why hasn't there been a corresponding increase in SPH & P/FTE that would be expected if couriers were working off the clock? I'm more interested in an explanation to that than I am the former.

MAKAVELI

Eh, semantics. OK, you said they are up but don't want you to know it. So why are they giving you a nice printout of them if they don't want you to know? And why hasn't there been a corresponding increase in SPH & P/FTE that would be expected if couriers were working off the clock? I'm more interested in an explanation to that than I am the former.
You really are trying hard to keep the company line aren't you? Like I said before all the numbers are up, the company just wants more. You want more, well you are just going to have to pay for it.

dezguy

Really nobody should ever be counting on getting out of work on time in the first place. This isn't the kind of job where you can count on being there for your family and friends after work. You pretty much have to consider 12 hours from punch in as dead time you can't use, and if you get out before that time has passed then it's a bonus.
I don't schedule anything for an hour after my scheduled time. After that, that's my time. No way I'm staying any later.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
As I replied to Cactus, if this was a widespread issue, it would be reflected as a substantial increase in onroad and productivity metrics. Those increases haven't materialized. I'll ask you essentially the same question I asked him -- If all these people are padding their numbers, why aren't our performance stats showing it?

Let's try this again -- why didn't the P/FTE or SPH increase as you'd expect if this kind of falsification was going on to that degree? It would go up regardless of any change in goals.

LOL, once more with feeling! Why hasn't either stat increased as we'd expect if this was happening to the degree alleged here?
So you claim to know the performance stats of every station huh? You always try to dazzle us with brilliance but end up spewing BS. How much does Memphis pay you to be a shill here?

dex 84

I don't schedule anything for an hour after my scheduled time. After that, that's my time. No way I'm staying any later.

That's a nice luxury to have. I don't really have that choice of turning down OT and even if I did I'm not really in a position where I can pass up on the extra money. I don't work 10+ hours of overtime every week because I love working for FedEx. Even when I do have a choice about it I usually choose to take the extra hours.

Unless it's about working Saturday, I avoid those as much as I can. I work enough during the week, one day is too short of a weekend.

Jack_Burton

BS. New people cheat by working through lunch (for free) just so they can keep up. SPH doesn't even need to rise at all. The "new and improved" Express employee is basically a Ground driver without a felony. They suck, and Fredward deserves every service failure and friend delay these very marginal employees create. I've seen these folks showing their fellow couriers how to cheat. It doesn't take an Einstein to snap a smartphone pic and enter the data later. And it's very common, Mr.Shill.
"The employer generally gets the employees he deserves."
-J. Paul Getty