Anybody deliver to famous people?

nocturnalbuck

i delivered to a lady out in the middle of nowhere that claimed her son was in a group of 5 or so people that came up with/invented the circular bar code on all our packages.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Do not get to meet too many people on my very rural area. Mostly livestock. Once in a while I see a man out standing in his field!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I don't think its possible to be a single dad and be driver.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, friend. I know single mothers / fathers serving active duty in the U.S. Armed Services. If a single mother / father can do it in the Armed Services, a UPS driver can, too. -Rocky

ups1990

I saw him here in So Cal, during the 97' strike.

You should post on a different thread about your experiences at Capitol Hill. Probably the second most important building besides the White House, would love to read about the whole delivery process and your interpersonal relationships with our elected officials.

MaceFremonti

Pre 9/11 before you could deliver the Capital building itself or the Senate/House office buildings you had to drive to an offsite location where the Capitol Police would offload your whole car and X-ray each piece.

Then they would reload your car and seal it with an official seal. If you didn't make it to the loading dock under the Senate office buildings within 25 minutes or if the seal was tampered with you had to go back and redo the whole X-ray process!

You could deliver the offices from the loading dock but to do the Capitol you had to take an underground "train" to get there!

Luckily I only had to cover that route for a little before I bid on my own.....

Not sure of the procedure these days....

Then there was the time I walked through the defendant's entrance of THE U.S. Court House.....

tiredofhelping

I delivered to a guy on house arrest awaiting trial on murder charges that he was later convicted of. Gave me the creeps. He ordered lots of crap. I always tried to make it a one tripper, but couldn't always pull it off. He always came outside and talked to me.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Picked up packages yesterday from the band Everclear - they were playing a venue on my route last night. They were pretty famous about 15 years ago lol.

FilingBluesFL

I guess I can contribute to this thread.

I've delivered to Stephen Kings house a few times (the florida one). I don't care to ever meet him, after all the crap that comes out of his mouth when he speaks in public. He has a big brass sign next to his front door that states "Mr. King does NOT sign autographs while in residency." Needless to say, EVERYTHING gets left. EVERYTHING.

It also absolutely :censored2: delivering to his house down here. One lane road, no real good places to pull off because the package car literally takes up the entire lane. And a lot of the houses are being bulldozed and new ones built.

The bid driver once got stuck for 2 hours because a semi-truck was unloading building materials off a flatbed and had the road blocked.

On that same route, I guess there's an F1 driver that has a house out there on that same island. I've delivered to that house a few times. Dunno who the guy is.

I've also delivered to and met THE Jack Link, as in the Beef Jerky guy. He's a really nice guy when you run into him, gets beef jerky delivered to his house, and when you deliver and he's home, he gives YOU beef jerky! His wife is really nice, too.

I don't follow sports or nothing, supposedly there's some famous sports people around here, among all the celebrities that have houses around here.