anybody have the Christmas ruined by fedex

Star B

White Lightening
and this announcement just in, World - Christmas 2019 will fall on December 25 next year!. That’s right, you heard it here first. Please mark it on your calendars now. Let’s not get caught with our pants down again, eh? It’s just so embarrassing. :blushing:

Nah what's going to happen is that Amzn and Walmart are going to promise on-time free delivery if you order by the 22nd. So, Express is going to get slammed with XS freight on 21st, SO/2D on the 22nd and P1 on the 23rd and people praying that we can deliver it on time.

Management will just go "eh, so, we'll run a normal plan that week, whats the worst that will happen"

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Many people just get overlooked. There was a fellow that won the Heisman and was the 1st pick in the NFL draft who was a walk on at 2 different schools. Can't remember his name and he must not be very good because he wasn't recruited or ranked very high out of high school.

Yeah, the number one draft pick is good. The rest of us knew that. Logic is new to you, isn't it?

Oldfart

Yeah, the number one draft pick is good. The rest of us knew that. Logic is new to you, isn't it?
Yep.

You missed the point which is nothing new for you. Overlooked coming out of high school. Just like many draft picks.

MLB is loaded with many late draft picks. I guess the later draft picks in baseball are not very good either.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They ding other internal metrics and stations are supposed to conduct a load audit the following day in response to a 12 that doesn't get changed. If the misload is on the wrong truck but still in your CSA, expect it to be changed to a 27 regardless. It's not right, and the verbiage for 12 is misloaded onto wrong route, but that is how the game is played.

And that's why I look at my whole manifest and verify everything as I load...

I pull those misloads aside and tell them to OFD it to the correct route for tomorrow.

Dunno what they're coding it at the terminal though.

59 Dano

Yep.

You missed the point which is nothing new for you. Overlooked coming out of high school. Just like many draft picks.

We were talking about NFL draft positions. Let me know when you wander back to that issue when you're done rambling about high school athletes. Apples, oranges.

MLB is loaded with many late draft picks. I guess the later draft picks in baseball are not very good either.

I don't keep up with baseball. But I do keep up with football, and the data says -overwhelmingly so- that 6th round (and later) picks are so consistently bad that they make lists of the relatively few good ones to illustrate the irony of it all.

dex 84

We were talking about NFL draft positions. Let me know when you wander back to that issue when you're done rambling about high school athletes. Apples, oranges.

I don't keep up with baseball. But I do keep up with football, and the data says -overwhelmingly so- that 6th round (and later) picks are so consistently bad that they make lists of the relatively few good ones to illustrate the irony of it all.

Not only do some late round picks turn out to be star players but so do some undrafted players. More than that though, there are plenty of late rounders and undrafted that turn into decent role players. Guys you probably wouldn't know unless you follow their team closely but nonetheless fill a role and make an impact on wins and losses for their team...

Oldfart

Not only do some late round picks turn out to be star players but so do some undrafted players. More than that though, there are plenty of late rounders and undrafted that turn into decent role players. Guys you probably wouldn't know unless you follow their team closely but nonetheless fill a role and make an impact on wins and losses for their team...
Dano is clueless. He thinks he knows everything but it is very obvious he knows very little. PLENTY of late draft picks contribute and he just doesn't understand.

59 Dano

Again, those are the exceptions moreso than the rule. As far as UDFAs, I think they are a better value than late round picks.

59 Dano

Dano is clueless. He thinks he knows everything but it is very obvious he knows very little. PLENTY of late draft picks contribute and he just doesn't understand.

Average NFL career is just a hair over 3 years.
2015 draft had 80 players drafted in rounds 6 and 7. Only 32 spent at least one day on an active roster at some point during the 2018 regular season. Let me translate for you: the majority of them are no longer in the league because they aren't any good.

It's something that can be measured with definite metrics and you're arguing vague concepts.

Oldfart

Average NFL career is just a hair over 3 years.
2015 draft had 80 players drafted in rounds 6 and 7. Only 32 spent at least one day on an active roster at some point during the 2018 regular season. Let me translate for you: the majority of them are no longer in the league because they aren't any good.

It's something that can be measured with definite metrics and you're arguing vague concepts.
There are PLENTY of 1st round picks that are no longer in the league either. Does that mean they aren't any good? Kinda shoots your theory down. There are few sure fire draft picks. Many "can't
miss" picks fail and many over looked picks thrive.

Ryan Leaf
Tim Couch
Heath Shuler
Brian Bosworth
Jamarcus Russell
Vince Young

All 1st round busts.

dex 84

There are PLENTY of 1st round picks that are no longer in the league either. Does that mean they aren't any good? Kinda shoots your theory down. There are few sure fire draft picks. Many "can't

Ryan Leaf
Tim Couch
Heath Shuler
Brian Bosworth
Jamarcus Russell
Vince Young

All 1st round busts.

Vince Young actually played some decent ball in the league...

Oldfart

Vince Young actually played some decent ball in the league...
He did for a few seasons. Threw it all away with bad decisions and blew thru all of his money. Took out bad loans and spent money like he had a printing press. Saw an ESPN story once that talked about Vince buying all but 10 tickets on a Southwest Airline flight because he wanted to be left alone on the flight. They said he could have chartered a private jet for much less money. Some talent, ZERO sense.

dex 84

He did for a few seasons. Threw it all away with bad decisions and blew thru all of his money. Took out bad loans and spent money like he had a printing press. Saw an ESPN story once that talked about Vince buying all but 10 tickets on a Southwest Airline flight because he wanted to be left alone on the flight. They said he could have chartered a private jet for much less money. Some talent, ZERO sense.

He's not the only player to blow through their money. These guys get paid nothing all through high school and college and then get millions of dollars and are expected to somehow magically be able to budget for the next 60 years of their life off their pro earnings...

Oldfart

He's not the only player to blow through their money. These guys get paid nothing all through high school and college and then get millions of dollars and are expected to somehow magically be able to budget for the next 60 years of their life off their pro earnings...
Yep. Vince Young should have known that $26 million he earned would not last more than 5 years. We should start a "Go Fund Me" for him.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Aww. Look at you guys talking sports like civilized people. Lol.
Yes, and I think I’m just going to have to have a little conversation with Cheryl regarding this too. The last thing I’d ever want to see around this place would be to have our normally tense and adversarial atmosphere permeated with an air of goodwill and tranquility. :eek:

No sirree, not what I signed up for. Must nip this thing in the bud. >:(

59 Dano

Ryan Leaf
Tim Couch
Heath Shuler
Brian Bosworth
Jamarcus Russell
Vince Young

All 1st round busts.

The average 1st round pick plays for over 9 seasons. You found six who were below average. Here's something that everyone else already knows... half of them don't play more than 9 seasons.

Keep 'em coming, Old 'bama Dummy.

dmac1

And that's why I look at my whole manifest and verify everything as I load...

I pull those misloads aside and tell them to OFD it to the correct route for tomorrow.

Dunno what they're coding it at the terminal though.

ANY missorts I had were counted against me as DNAs after the original code was changed by the terminal. Same goes for closed businesses, bad addresses, etc. They do that to make it look like all the problems are due to the driver, not the terminal, or the manager.

I was literally told this exact quote- "If it's sorted to you, it's your package." My response was literally."That's stupid. Some of these packages are 30 miles in the opposite direction." Manager walked away at that point.

That was same manager who managed to somehow delete all the packages from everyone's route two days in a row during HDs first peak.. Thankfully, I wasn't one of the 'early' group who had almost finished loading their vans. Every package needed to be rescanned, and back then, a lot of packages had to be hand entered. No one left the terminal until 1 pm either day, resulting in massive number of packages coming back undelivered. We has all four walls of the terminal packed over 6' high, and mgmt from Penn and elsewhere descended on the terminal and were there for a week and hired a bunch of temps until we caught back up.

This manager was put in charge after they fired a very competent manager who got screwed when he went to 'training' pre-peak several times and this then-assistant was put in charge and screwed everything up. Same incompetent manager decided to assign all the packages in my contracted 'core zone' to another route, and send me out to BFE. I tried to explain it, and was told by one of the visiting big shots that I wasn't a team player, and needed to 'adjust my attitude'

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yikes, that's why I'm hesitant to transfer to the closer terminal... I'm hearing it's a circus, like what you have described.

My awesome qa clerk is looking to goto Amazon as a DSP dispatcher due to lack of raises. He's the only one that effectively gets my area with those cumbersome misplots as well as a few dozen routes in the building.

It's gonna be a :censored2: storm when he leaves...