Yep.

Tom Brady
Bart Star
Richard Dent
Roger Staubach
Steve Largent
Johnny Unitas

Those were ALL terrible players.

To rebut the claim that 6th round and later picks aren't any good, you can name six notable players (out of thousands) over a 63 year span that's littered with thousands of names you've never heard of.

As I was saying about 'bama football fans not knowing what they're talking about...

floridays

Pro sports has nothing to do with amateur sports. Pro sports is fair game. Want to cheer for your home team? Cool with me. Want to cheer for a team across the country, cool!

Amateur sports is different. I don't see the point of cheering for a university team that has nothing to do with you or you it. I can kind of see if it's in your home town, or you're financially supported by said school but if you're not invested some way in that institution, you're a Walmart fan. It makes no sense.
Using that logic, every homegrown talent should say at home and not go to another state to play collegiately or fans follow a homegrown talent that defied your prescription and left home to play.

My guess is you are an extreme sports fan at most.
Is my assumption correct?

Oldfart

To rebut the claim that 6th round and later picks aren't any good, you can name six notable players (out of thousands) over a 63 year span that's littered with thousands of names you've never heard of.

As I was saying about 'bama football fans not knowing what they're talking about...
Reading comprehension can be your friend. You said 6th and 7th round players aren't any good. There were lenty more on the web site, I just listed a few. Some of them I have heard of but I figured someone of your limited knowledge might not have. So easy to prove you wrong it was rather humorous. Go Sooners. Looks like it might be Clemson in the big game.

dezguy

Using that logic, every homegrown talent should say at home and not go to another state to play collegiately or fans follow a homegrown talent that defied your prescription and left home to play.

My guess is you are an extreme sports fan at most.
Is my assumption correct?
lol what a poor argument.

If a hometown talent can get a better opportunity somewhere else, he/she should absolutely go somewhere else. That isn't bandwagon fan fantasy land, it's real life with real life consequenses.

As for people following the home town talent, why can you not follow what said person is doing and not have to become a fan of that team? There are plenty of athletes from my home town that went on to play in the pros. That doesn't mean I'm a fan of those teams and it doesn't mean I'm a fan of theirs. I have nothing invested in them.

And you know what they say about assumptions.

floridays

lol what a poor argument.

If a hometown talent can get a better opportunity somewhere else, he/she should absolutely go somewhere else. That isn't bandwagon fan fantasy land, it's real life with real life consequenses.

As for people following the home town talent, why can you not follow what said person is doing and not have to become a fan of that team? There are plenty of athletes from my home town that went on to play in the pros. That doesn't mean I'm a fan of those teams and it doesn't mean I'm a fan of theirs. I have nothing invested in them.

And you know what they say about assumptions.
I do know what is said about making assumptions, I knew it when I made it.
I'll call your bluff, list the names of players from your hometown that have gone to play professional ball.
I will make another assumption, you can not come up with 5 in your lifetime that have played professionally, minor leagues included, can you? Unless you live in a large metro area you have no chance of answering affirmatively. If you do live in a large metro area you most likely knew nothing of their existence until they played and it became news.

My first response to you was based on elementary kids, choosing a college team to follow, and was based on your criteria. I didn't base anything on the old farts choices, he obviously is not a loyal fan.
I offered the pro angle, you piled on @Oldfart for his college following. I offered the pro angle to counter your hometown, or home state basis of picking and following a team.
I still think you aren't an organized sport guy, and are an extreme sport guy because you have exhibited no idea of how sport loyalties are made and kept.

Name your teams

dezguy

I do know what is said about making assumptions, I knew it when I made it.
I'll call your bluff, list the names of players from your hometown that have gone to play professional ball.
I will make another assumption, you can not come up with 5 in your lifetime that have played professionally, minor leagues included, can you? Unless you live in a large metro area you have no chance of answering affirmatively. If you do live in a large metro area you most likely knew nothing of their existence until they played and it became news.

My first response to you was based on elementary kids, choosing a college team to follow, and was based on your criteria. I didn't base anything on the old farts choices, he obviously is not a loyal fan.
I offered the pro angle, you piled on @Oldfart for his college following. I offered the pro angle to counter your hometown, or home state basis of picking and following a team.
I still think you aren't an organized sport guy, and are an extreme sport guy because you have exhibited no idea of how sport loyalties are made and kept.

Name your teams
Go ahead and think what you want and I will not be naming players from my home town because it will give away where I'm from. I'd prefer my anonymity if that's fine with you.

Fact is I played with one guy who made it to the pros and played with a couple of guys who made it to the minors. I was a decent athlete back in the day. Never good enough to get a look from a school but not horrible, either. I have played organized sports all my life and still play rec and beer leagues.

Don't think you know me because it's painfully obvious you don't.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Reading comprehension can be your friend. You said 6th and 7th round players aren't any good.

I say they aren't very good because every objective way of evaluating player performance says they aren't very good. Don't know why you have such a problem with that, other than arguing for the sake of argument or just plain old stupidity.

floridays

Go ahead and think what you want and I will not be naming players from my home town because it will give away where I'm from. I'd prefer my anonymity if that's fine with you.

Fact is I played with one guy who made it to the pros and played with a couple of guys who made it to the minors. I was a decent athlete back in the day. Never good enough to get a look from a school but not horrible, either. I have played organized sports all my life and still play rec and beer leagues.

Don't think you know me because it's painfully obvious you don't.
You can always pm me. I assume most of this post is bs.
It's too easy to pile on on @Oldfart , you picked the wrong subject with me, dealing with the proper way of making team or school athletic loyalty. You libs feel like you need to control everything however.:thumbup1::2guns:
Pm me' I may know the guys in the minors.

floridays

I say they aren't very good because every objective way of evaluating player performance says they aren't very good. Don't know why you have such a problem with that, other than arguing for the sake of argument or just plain old stupidity.
You know one thing? I'll tell you anyway, baseball ain't the same animal. Wanna argue that book'em?

dezguy

You can always pm me. I assume most of this post is bs.
It's too easy to pile on on @Oldfart , you picked the wrong subject with me, dealing with the proper way of making team or school athletic loyalty. You libs feel like you need to control everything however.:thumbup1::2guns:
Pm me' I may know the guys in the minors.
Again with assumptions. Believe what you want.

Again, I'd rather my anonymity.

Believe it or not, I don't owe you an answer.

So sorry I offended your feelings on team loyalty. Guess old idiot isn't the only Walmart fan around here.

floridays

Again with assumptions. Believe what you want.

Again, I'd rather my anonymity.

Believe it or not, I don't owe you an answer.

So sorry I offended your feelings on team loyalty. Guess old idiot isn't the only Walmart fan around here.
Been a fan of the same three teams for over 55 years, never changed.
New York Yankees
Green Bay Packers
Tennessee Volunteers
Gave up on NBA long ago

Believe it or not, I understand you don't owe me an answer,
checkmate

dezguy

Been a fan of the same three teams for over 55 years, never changed.
New York Yankees
Green Bay Packers
Tennessee Volunteers
Gave up on NBA long ago

Believe it or not, I understand you don't owe me an answer,
checkmate
Good for you. You're a true American hero.

cosis

Had a pkg that supposed to be here on the 21 but they keep saying delivery exception on Thursday Friday and than Saturday and finally on Monday I checked they said it was incorrect address. I have lived here for three years

Prepare earlier next year, loser

Oldfart

Prepare earlier next year, loser
Nice job calling a customer names. Without them we have no jobs. Expecting a package that was shipped over a week before Christmas to be delivered before Christmas is not asking too much. The customers only problem is they lived in an area that was served by a lazy ground driver or bogus station that kept coding their package an incorrect address when indeed it had a correct address.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
and this announcement just in, World - Christmas 2019 will fall on December 25 next year!. That’s right, you heard it here first. Please mark it on your calendars now. Let’s not get caught with our pants down again, eh? It’s just so embarrassing. :blushing:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Sounds like HD/Ground committed falsification there coding a bad address when there was none. An Express driver could get fired for something like that. With Ground, it’s just oh well.

Ground still sucks.

CJinx

I had 002, 004, 012, 003, even 007s changed by the terminal towards the end of my days there to 027s. Packages were always placed back on same trucks. Codes at certain terminals with no integrity of their own are worthless.
04/07 maybe, if there is a compelling reason to do so. Printing out the daily service worksheet exceptions sorted by time, sometimes you catch drivers coding multiple stops spanning several miles within a few minutes. Not really sure why 02/03 though; they hit service just like 27 does unless they get an A/C by QA. 12's, though... stations hate those. They ding other internal metrics and stations are supposed to conduct a load audit the following day in response to a 12 that doesn't get changed. If the misload is on the wrong truck but still in your CSA, expect it to be changed to a 27 regardless. It's not right, and the verbiage for 12 is misloaded onto wrong route, but that is how the game is played.

Oldfart

and this announcement just in, World - Christmas 2019 will fall on December 25 next year!. That’s right, you heard it here first. Please mark it on your calendars now. Let’s not get caught with our pants down again, eh? It’s just so embarrassing. :blushing:
Great advice for the lazy ground driver that falsified by coding a correct address as an incorrect address. Hopefully he will eventually be dealt with an he can enjoy his next job in the fast food industry.

Oldfart

Many people just get overlooked. There was a fellow that won the Heisman and was the 1st pick in the NFL draft who was a walk on at 2 different schools. Can't remember his name and he must not be very good because he wasn't recruited or ranked very high out of high school. Maybe a Cleveland Browns fan, Texas Tech or a Sooner fan can post his name.