Anybody on the 9,5 list in their building?

Brokedownandbrown

Yes, best way to show management that one does not want to work more than 9.5 a day, also can make easy grievance money.

Also use the two request 8 a month on Fridays. Got to play the game!!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I cannot wait to get back on the 9.5 list after this peak. I made quite a good bit of extra cash this year filing on excessive OT,and figure with the way routes are overloaded and cut in my center after every Peak I'll be on it again after the second week of January.
I dont whine,complain,get mad or throw fits over my dispatch I just go out,Work Safely and by the Methods and at 1400 send in my ETA. The squeaky wheels get attention in the morning and work taken off them....... as for me i get PAID. That Triple Overtime adds up quickly too!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I cannot wait to get back on the 9.5 list after this peak. I made quite a good bit of extra cash this year filing on excessive OT,and figure with the way routes are overloaded and cut in my center after every Peak I'll be on it again after the second week of January.
I dont whine,complain,get mad or throw fits over my dispatch I just go out,Work Safely and by the Methods and at 1400 send in my ETA. The squeaky wheels get attention in the morning and work taken off them....... as for me i get PAID. That Triple Overtime adds up quickly too!

So you don't want to work less, just want free money? We don't have penalty pay in our local. If you want less hours, you get less pay.

barnyard

KTM rider
..works best when a whole loop sticks together and does it..keeps the split car in most days...

That is a problem in my center. We have 5 guys that are on the 9.5 list. Others complain bitterly about the extra hours, but will not sign. Currently 2 of us are cover drivers and they have honored the under 9.5. There was a rumbling last fall that because we do not have our own routes, we cannot be on the under 9.5 list.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So you don't want to work less, just want free money? We don't have penalty pay in our local. If you want less hours, you get less pay.

I think he's saying that others who are to afraid or are management deal makers won't sign because of aforementioned issues yet complain that they have 11hrs worth of work. He simply signs it and files when he gets 3 or more days, resulting in penalty pay. UPS only speaks reports, when they pay out 9.5's they find the drivers that don't file and give that work to them. He handles it how it should be handled, speaking the language of money.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am on vacation now until the week after New Year. My bosses know that I will file (I have in the past.) I am not going to worry about it until it is an issue.

Do it..Do it...U will eat some crap!!!get a fantasy island ride...and maybe a bullcrap warning letter!!!!then the fish gets tired and cant fight u anymore!!!!!!!!put a stinking route in and get rid of a TIE!!!!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

UPS taught me years ago to Never Leave Money on the Table. I come to work to make money,period. It would be stupid IMO not to file on the excessive OT.
It's nothing personal,just business. My center manager has stated several times he'd rather pay the 9.5 penalty than put in routes,so I take him at his word. I'd prefer NOT to work the long hours,but if they are going to play me they are going to PAY me

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We don't have penalty pay either. What's the point of 9.5 without penalty pay!!!! What I mean is where is the incentive for the company to stop working you so much if there is no penalty pay.
We do not have the penalty pay because our local rider gives us the right to strike if over 9.5 issues cannot be resolved. It's pretty much a non issue in my center, if you are on the list, management goes above and beyond to make sure there are no violations.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We do not have the penalty pay because our local rider gives us the right to strike if over 9.5 issues cannot be resolved. It's pretty much a non issue in my center, if you are on the list, management goes above and beyond to make sure there are no violations.

No way anyone strikes over 9.5. Show me the money!!! That's what I say.