Anyone break a diad?

Sixth Punch Sense

I've had few bad moments where I've thrown a diad at the road/package car and said oh :censored2: I broke it. Never broke one, but has anyone done it? If so what did it cost?

542thruNthru

I've cracked a screen without even trying. But I'm kind of a beast.
200-16.gif

PizzaToUps

I know a driver who ran one over and then called the center saying the diad died on him. He never got in trouble and dispatch never found out.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I've had few bad moments where I've thrown a diad at the road/package car and said oh * I broke it. Never broke one, but has anyone done it? If so what did it cost?
Yes
Delivered to a house and was walking back to the car and had a dog come hauling ass from the back of the house
Turned and tried to hit the dog with my Diad IV and it slipped out of my hand and I basically spiked it into the concrete walkway
Thing was toast
Dog died laughing at me

quad decade guy

I've had few bad moments where I've thrown a diad at the road/package car and said oh * I broke it. Never broke one, but has anyone done it? If so what did it cost?
You bet. First day of the original DIAD, I set it on the rear bumper(like I did everyday with my paper clipboard) and started unloading my first bulk stop. The receiver asked me to pull my truck up to let a forklift through the overhead door. I then backed to my original position. Not knowing the DIAD had slipped off pulling forward......yep, ran right over it. Totally destroyed. Called the center and they brought me another one. Never heard another word.

oldngray

nowhere special
You bet. First day of the original DIAD, I set it on the rear bumper(like I did everyday with my paper clipboard) and started unloading my first bulk stop. The receiver asked me to pull my truck up to let a forklift through the overhead door. I then backed to my original position. Not knowing the DIAD had slipped off pulling forward......yep, ran right over it. Totally destroyed. Called the center and they brought me another one. Never heard another word.
When the first DIADs came out UPS tried to answer skepticism by claiming how tough they were. When DIAD 1's kept constantly crashing they changed that to they were more like fragile as an egg. They did try to blame drivers for what was design issues but if you break one they just give you another. Nothing for a driver to worry about. Losing one is a different issue though so don't do that.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I was told a story that happened many moons ago. A driver with a DIAD I got pissy and smashed it over the front bumper. When he realized the :censored2: storm that was upon him he poured water and the ground and pretended he slipped and landed on it.

When the first DIADs came out UPS tried to answer skepticism by claiming how tough they were. When DIAD 1's kept constantly crashing they changed that to they were more like fragile as an egg. They did try to blame drivers for what was design issues but if you break one they just give you another. Nothing for a driver to worry about. Losing one is a different issue though so don't do that.
I probably broke about 10 of DIAD 1's
You didn't have to drop them that hard for the screen to go black