Anyone else hate driving their own car?

BrownArmy

I love driving my car, I've worked on it ever since I've owned it, it's 25 years old with over 300K on it and I'm going to take it to 1/2 a million.

Actually, that's the best part of this job for me, driving.

Getting back into my car after wrestling a P-800 makes me even happier to drive.

I would get up and drive to the other coast if I had a few days off, without hesitation.

If there was a job where they would pay me just to drive and drive and drive, I'd be the happiest fool on the planet (none of this stopping and getting out all the time!).

I love driving my car. It has air conditioning, heat, power steering, radio, cd, etc. How could I NOT love that! Besides, in my own car, I don't have to worry about time studies and telematics. Another reason to love your own vehicle; you make your own rules.

brett636

If you hate driving it then get a car you may enjoy driving. Perhaps something with some power like a mustang or camaro. If power isn't your thing you can pickup some nice used luxury cars cheap like a cadillac, lincoln, BMW, or mercedes, although anything from germany is going to be expensive to fix. I'm a car guy so no matter how much I drive for my job I will still enjoy driving my personal vehicle because I choose one that I know I will enjoy driving.

I strongly disliked driving when I went full time, the Ex asked me why I chose to drive fora living and of course the answer was money. IT was supposed to be a year, maybe 18 months that was 20something years ago. I still hate to drive.

M

Mike23

The one that did not have "The Nagigator" installed on the right seat?

I'm wondering why UPS hasn't installed this with their DIAD's? Instead of 'bleep bleep' you get, 'DRIVER! HEY DRIVER! ANSWER THIS OR WE'LL REPRIMAND YOU, THEN SUSPEND YOU AND FIRE YOU! YOU'RE TOO SLOW, SPEED UP! MORE STOPS PER HOUR! WE'RE STOP PROOF AND UNMUTABLE!'

Although they probably did the math and figured out the drivers would 'witness' their DIAD's falling out of the holders on major highways.