Anyone else looking forward to the 4 day shortened workweek?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
im off tomorrow too for some medical work. so 3 day work week.

don't have any plans for 3 day weekend as it will be TOO crazy out on the roads. just staying put.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Before leaving on Friday, I gave my on-car a list of tips for my route, which included any closings and the status of the construction projects on area. The very last sentence was "Please do not call me".

I am having a new window installed tomorrow, some plumbing work done on Tuesday and my son will be home for the rest of the week as he has a wedding to go to on the 4th. Plus, as I mentioned above, it is supposed to be hot all week, so I'll pass on any extra work.

Good for you.

C'mon south, and have a couple beers by the pool.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Before leaving on Friday, I gave my on-car a list of tips for my route, which included any closings and the status of the construction projects on area. The very last sentence was "Please do not call me".

I am having a new window installed tomorrow, some plumbing work done on Tuesday and my son will be home for the rest of the week as he has a wedding to go to on the 4th. Plus, as I mentioned above, it is supposed to be hot all week, so I'll pass on any extra work.
Ugh a wedding on the 4th.

I hate holiday weddings. Who thinks I want my freaking weekend cut short because of their wedding.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I take the weeks with the holiday included for the extra $$$.

Two ways to look at it. Your way of "I get an extra days pay". But that's not entirely true. You would get that day of pay no matter what. In my eyes (the other way), you're screwing yourself out of an extra day off. UPS gives you eight paid days off aside from your vacation/sick/personal days. Why would you want to take one of those away from yourself?

Me too, can't pass up any chance to add a day onto a vacation. Take the week before Labor Day for the same reason.
I used to be able to get the week before Memorial Day/Labor Day off to get the "extra day" off until some more senior guys realized what I was doing and started hogging up those weeks.

two ways to look at it. Your way of "I get an extra days pay". But that's not entirely true. You would get that day of pay no matter what. In my eyes (the other way), you're screwing yourself out of an extra day off. UPS gives you eight paid days off aside from your vacation/sick/personal days. Why would you want to take one of those away from yourself?

I used to be able to get the week before Memorial Day/Labor Day off to get the "extra day" off until some more senior guys realized what I was doing and started hogging up those weeks.
I take the last two weeks of august off,leading Into Labor day!....sweet

9.5er

I'm always ready for ANY day off with pay they want to give me.

I just don't understand these guys that want to come in to work their vacation. I signed up to cover a guys route this coming week. I asked him Friday if anything had changed and his reply was don't worry about it I'm working next week.

I'm always ready for ANY day off with pay they want to give me.

I just don't understand these guys that want to come in to work their vacation. I signed up to cover a guys route this coming week. I asked him Friday if anything had changed and his reply was don't worry about it I'm working next week.
That's just crazy!...I just might make the week after....a 4 day week too!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
we have FINALLY put an end to excessive OT in my center.
Drivers who have been paid Three times in Five months have a meeting with the BA,Labor Manager, Center Manager and Steward and so long as the driver is working safe,by the methods and has no other 'issues" management can blame the driver for the excessive OT the driver is pulled down to a manageable dispatch Three days of the week. We know we will all get buried come October but for now,during the summer in this heat its a Godsend. Those who have had meetings are told under NO CIRCUMSTANCES to work over 9.5 more than 2 days,even if it means bringing the truck in

What happens when the center manager gets reamed a new one for missed stops? Hope I'm wrong for your sake, but I can't see this lasting very long.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Cement, we have had this discussion before. If I chose to take a day off next week for the holiday it would be unpaid as I was already paid for the day.

Resident know-it-all.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What happens when the center manager gets reamed a new one for missed stops? Hope I'm wrong for your sake, but I can't see this lasting very long.
Well the directive is coming from higher up. Plus non 9.5 employees often get sent back out with those stops.