Anyone else seeing a HUGE increase full time jobs?

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Wierd. 4 ft driver positions 2 feeder. And 4 vacation cover driver bids up within the last 2 monts. Never seen any thing like it. Makes me nervous. Something's up with it.

Yeah, something is up: e - commerce, record profits, and for once they are realizing to make money you gotta spend money...on personnel, not more tech.

I'm really shocked they are hiring this many people before the contract ratifies.

Sent using BrownCafe App

E - commerce and other ops not to mention FedEx ain't going to wait for UPS to implement a two-tiered wage system. They must seize the day.

alwaysoverallowed

Had to DQ 2 already, thought we were going to just hand them the job. Not gonna burden the center with their drama for next 30 years.

Thanks. I wish you were my center manager. The last couple of drivers who made seniority are bums. They keep getting disciplined but they wiggle out of it because their punishments get traded for grievances.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have had three routes go up on the bid board the last few months with retirements, there are more on the way. A certain Preloader that 728ups knows needs to hang in there!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm really shocked they are hiring this many people before the contract ratifies.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The national is a done deal----the remaining supplements will either be approved by their members or the IBT will impose the "last, best and final" offer as their supplement.

I was hired in 1989 during a similar period of growth.

OPTION3

Thanks. I wish you were my center manager. The last couple of drivers who made seniority are bums. They keep getting disciplined but they wiggle out of it because their punishments get traded for grievances.
With an a name like ALWAYSOVERALLOWED….I Bet he would FIRE you too……and maybe you wouldn’t be able to “wiggle” out of it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Are these real growth jobs or replacements?

Some area of the country might be seeing growth as companies continue to flee tax heavy states like New Jersey and New York for Texas, Florida and others.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The national is a done deal----the remaining supplements will either be approved by their members or the IBT will impose the "last, best and final" offer as their supplement.

I was hired in 1989 during a similar period of growth.

There is no way they hire drivers unless they are under the new 4 year rate progression. I find it funny UPS would not implement all the other new language in the contract, just this one.

My center has also been hiring new drivers. Our center manager told us we've been understaffed for a long time, even with 7 out on disibility.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Are these real growth jobs or replacements?

Some area of the country might be seeing growth as companies continue to flee tax heavy states like New Jersey and New York for Texas, Florida and others.
both
some of the cover drivers are simply being upgraded in status,but new cover drivers are being hired as well

Johney

There is no way they hire drivers unless they are under the new 4 year rate progression. I find it funny UPS would not implement all the other new language in the contract, just this one.
Good point. It will be interesting to see how these new drivers pay progression goes. I agree that they wouldn't hire all these newbies to have them paid under the old contract.

Johney

Do you really think they are going to hire all of these new people and then give them retro checks?
Do I think they want too? No. Will they try and not pay them under the old contract? Probably. Should they? Absolutely not. How can you follow rules for the old contract on some things but not all? Again will they try? Sure. Will they get away with it? Only time will tell.
Of course does anybody know if all the new hires are signing any agreements(side deals)that if they make friend/t they are doing so under the new agreement?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You ask some very good questions; however, the simple fact is that these new hires will fall under the provisions of the new contract, which include the four year progression.