Anyone else seeing a HUGE increase full time jobs?

freelabor

Our hub is also moving current pters that signed up to drive and hiring a boat load of new potential pters. A couple of people from my driver class are already training.

cmoll

My center is adding Ten FULL TIME drivers,and most centers in my local are adding the same if not more full time positions. Its GREAT to see!
Who cares how many people they hire? More drivers to treat like crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

ups1990

This same thing happened in the early to mid 80's. You have alot of guys coming up on 30 years.
Soon as this contract mess gets settled they're be leaving in droves.
Couldn't agree more!
Our center has many drivers who qualify under or who will soon achieve peer 80 status. I'm betting that many decide to hang it up.
I keep telling the young partimers on the FT list that it might not be a 10 year wait as before due to this wave of retiring drivers and the fact that many PT are too scared or hesitant to join the big boys or assume they'll have a combo job in the future.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We are hiring I think 3-5 and word is they are telling us we need to hire 10 seasonal drivers for this summer. center manager is fighting for more drivers ft because he says if we need 10 seasonals we need more ft drivers.

I really hate the summer seasonal period and will try and get the union to fight for wording in the next contract that limits summer seasonal drivers to 5% or less of a centers workforce.

Kis124

We just had 6 bid lists go up. 2 were for 5-7 ft drivers that part timers could bid on

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Good point but I think they expect the thin ones to quickly get up to playing weight.
Had a guy just recently get into feeders, and feeder sup told him that he needs to order his pants several sizes bigger know, since it takes so long to get them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I
I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
pretty sure I started a thread about it not long after the national passed. It's been explained at union meetings that they let us use some language to our advantage and we let them use some.

Personally I think it's BS but when your president agrees to it what can u do?

dogs.bite.me

I fought tooth and nail to get my full time slot after we had three full timers leave our cener. (2 retired,1 fired)

I fight for over a year, it goes to panel and I get my spot. Last year they added 2full timers out of the blue, and then just found out a month ago another guy was promoted.

So I do see an increase, and I think its a good thing!

sent from galaxy s4 using tapatalk

MoarTape

There is no way they hire drivers unless they are under the new 4 year rate progression. I find it funny UPS would not implement all the other new language in the contract, just this one.

It doesn't matter since the contract will be retroactive to August 1, 2013.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I fought tooth and nail to get my full time slot after we had three full timers leave our center. (2 retired,1 fired)

I fight for over a year, it goes to panel and I get my spot. Last year they added 2full timers out of the blue, and then just found out a month ago another guy was promoted.

So I do see an increase, and I think its a good thing!
You'll be starting at the old rate and in the new 4 year progression. :furious: