Anyone ever went through or has known anyone that have have gotten alcohol withdrawals?

Tell me what you have in your hand at 7 pm tonight, I would have said an earlier time but nobody wants to hear you say its a penis you're holding in your hand to drink
I'll have pork butt in my hand at 7:00 p.m.
16614573782536273908395962082268.jpg

Mutineer

Yeah my diet was horrendous and I agree to a certain extent about AA. Idle hands are the devil’s plaything. Sometimes abstinence is best for certain people.
Abstinence is the best for everybody. Too many times I've known people who stop drinking for several months, and then at a BBQ or event they say something like: "I'm just gonna' have a couple."

Someone once said something like: "quitting drinking is the easiest thing I've ever done. I've done it sooo many times."

trickpony1

"One is too many and 100 is not enough".

This applies to drinks, cigarettes, cupcakes and various other harmful things.

Philosophically helping.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Abstinence is the best for everybody. Too many times I've known people who stop drinking for several months, and then at a BBQ or event they say something like: "I'm just gonna' have a couple."

Someone once said something like: "quitting drinking is the easiest thing I've ever done. I've done it sooo many times."
"One is too many and 100 is not enough".

This applies to drinks, cigarettes, cupcakes and various other harmful things.

Philosophically helping.
Abstinence worked the best for me. Saved me a lot of money too back when I was clean. I’m just seeing this as motivation to become a better person and to get my self together. Wouldn’t want to be like this if I was married or had kids.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah my diet was horrendous and I agree to a certain extent about AA. Idle hands are the devil’s plaything. Sometimes abstinence is best for certain people.

Nothing says you have to overcome every weakness in your life. But alcoholism is an avoidance coping mechanism. It's attractive because it alters your mental state and let's you avoid confronting whatever it is that you are avoiding. It also carries much higher risk than other coping mechanisms, as it physically harms you and those harms grow greater as your tolerance grows. Abstaining, particularly as you sort yourself out, is necessary. But, what happens with AA is that avoiding alcohol becomes your new avoidance coping mechanism, and you never address the real issue. I would recommend the approach of confronting that which you are avoiding, as it is likely causing problems in other areas of your life.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Nothing says you have to overcome every weakness in your life. But alcoholism is an avoidance coping mechanism. It's attractive because it alters your mental state and let's you avoid confronting whatever it is that you are avoiding. It also carries much higher risk than other coping mechanisms, as it physically harms you and those harms grow greater as your tolerance grows. Abstaining, particularly as you sort yourself out, is necessary. But, what happens with AA is that avoiding alcohol becomes your new avoidance coping mechanism, and you never address the real issue. I would recommend the approach of confronting that which you are avoiding, as it is likely causing problems in other areas of your life.
I strongly agree with confronting problems head on instead of actively avoiding it. It builds character. I only went to AA meetings due to court ordered rehab when I was younger, and it didn’t work for me. I mostly like the Charlie Sheen method for rehabilitation because it worked for me, lol. If I have to say anything at all about this I’ll just say this:
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. -1 Corinthians 6:12 KJV

I used to drink almost nightly. I would hide bottles from my family and my girlfriend. I can't exactly explain what happened, but when I accepted Jesus things got a lot easier. I haven't drank i don't know how long and I no longer feel the desire for it. However, I still struggle with a much more tamed yet present THC addiction.

It takes courage to share something like this and I'll pray for all those who are suffering.

I strongly agree with confronting problems head on instead of actively avoiding it. It builds character. I only went to AA meetings due to court ordered rehab when I was younger, and it didn’t work for me. I mostly like the Charlie Sheen method for rehabilitation because it worked for me, lol. If I have to say anything at all about this I’ll just say this:
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. -1 Corinthians 6:12 KJV
I can apply that verse to my THC addiction. Thank you sir.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I used to drink almost nightly. I would hide bottles from my family and my girlfriend. I can't exactly explain what happened, but when I accepted Jesus things got a lot easier. I haven't drank i don't know how long and I no longer feel the desire for it. However, I still struggle with a much more tamed yet present THC addiction.

It takes courage to share something like this and I'll pray for all those who are suffering.
I was a major pothead, man. It’s why I started drinking because it’s legal and I wouldn’t pop on a drug test because I wouldn’t drink at work, but I’d binge after and on the weekend.
I can apply that verse to my THC addiction. Thank you sir.
This one too:
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. -Philippians 4:13 KJV