Anyone here born from the 1990s?

542thruNthru

Android and Traeger thruNthru!!!
Adam_5d873b_1409587.gif

rickyb

View attachment 360768Hello fellow millennial’s. I thought this would be “discussions” post, but after much thought, it might be slightly on or off topic.

How do feel about the state of things currently right now? Do you ever find yourself missing the Myspace era and when Youtube didn’t have ads? When MTV had headbangers ball and when RuneScape and World of Warcraft was the :censored2:? The Icanhazcheeseburger generation in computer class.

How do you see UPS differently than what old guard boomers post about that already have “theirs” secured rather than us are working towards?
Boomers need not apply.
i miss late 90s techno

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
View attachment 360768Hello fellow millennial’s. I thought this would be “discussions” post, but after much thought, it might be slightly on or off topic.

How do feel about the state of things currently right now? Do you ever find yourself missing the Myspace era and when Youtube didn’t have ads? When MTV had headbangers ball and when RuneScape and World of Warcraft was the :censored2:? The Icanhazcheeseburger generation in computer class.

How do you see UPS differently than what old guard boomers post about that already have “theirs” secured rather than us are working towards?
Boomers need not apply.
I find myself missing the 90's all the time. Especially in the past year or two. Last year I was off work for two months so I had plenty of time to sit and ponder. It was scary how deep I delve into the past. I've always had a great memory but I started recalling little details and putting things together. I began surrounding myself with period-correct items I still have from back then and hunting down others on eBay, watching old home videos, and listening to 90's alternative almost exclusively. I began seriously considering all the implications of time travel. It started to feel like I was back there again, almost like Somewhere In Time (look up the plot of that movie and you'll understand what I mean.) SXM Lithium has a bumper they play between songs sometimes where the jockey states something along the lines of "Sometimes life has a tendency to get in the way, make you forget who you are and where you came from. Lithium is here to help remind you." with a mix of song samplings playing in the background, and it hits like a truck every time I hear it. Almost makes me cry.

There's something calming about that 90's alt sound. I'm still a huge new ROCK buff obviously but I listen to 90's stuff a lot. At work we get a lot of helpers who are considerably younger than me and it starts to make me feel old when I hear what year they were born while they sit there watching Tik Tok on their phone. Here I am playing Lithium and Turbo (90's and 2000's hard rock) in the truck and I realize "oh my God. I must be coming off to them as those old guys who only played oldies or classic rock did to me."

On the other side of the coin, I find I don't give the 2000's enough credit. They were every bit if not more of a staple in my growing up as the 90's but for some reason I don't seem to relish them the same way. Maybe they were too "modern" by comparison, maybe my naivety blinders weren't as thick, or maybe they just had that post-9/11 taint. I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that they're kinda caught in the middle between two big eras: now* and the 90's that makes it harder for them to shine through to me, like a neglected middle child. But when I consider how many things that are almost a cornerstone in my current life were derived from the 2000's and how much fun I actually had back then, I appreciate them more. *(For the record, I pretty much consider anything between 2012 and the present as "now", with 2010/11 as kind of a bastard transition. Though 2012-2019 are quickly becoming a whole other personal era on their own.)

But yeah. The future's :censored2:ed and there's probably not going to be anything for us to retire into. Hang onto your butts.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I find myself rewatching these commercials a lot. I get chills. The music and visuals are like time travel via hypnosis. In the second one, when the guy says "The all new 1999" I just melt. The way he says it with background music somewhat reminiscent of Take a Picture by Filter. An era long gone that's never coming back.