Anyone here born from the 1990s?

The Rooster

How do you see UPS differently than what old guard boomers post about that already have “theirs” secured rather than us are working towards?
Boomers need not apply.
I’m a 1990’s millennial and extremely embarrassed to be categorized as one, everything worth learning at UPS in my 13 years preloading and driving came from old timers, excluding UPSers like @UpstateNYUPSer(Ret) and @olroadbeech 😂. Once they are gone this company will tank. I have coffee every morning with them and we laugh and shake our heads at the majority of millennials that come in and work off the clock and pre sort their trucks.

Last edited:

rickyb

I’m a 1990’s millennial and extremely embarrassed to be categorized as one, everything worth learning at UPS in my 13 years came from old timers. Once they are gone this company will tank. I have coffee every morning with them and we laugh and shake our heads at the majority of millennials that come in and work off the clock and pre sort their trucks.
old timers are pretty stupid too, they love capitalism!

imjanedoe

banned slut
I miss just posting things without caring about the aesthetics and receiving random hate.
Posers used to get called out but these kids follow mainstream trends now. Who gaf about the Kardashians

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
8FDB1D05-F26D-4573-9FF5-A866F7D37A40.png

I’m tail end of the generation. Back when everything was pretty comfy.

PTSandwichMaker

View attachment 360768Hello fellow millennial’s. I thought this would be “discussions” post, but after much thought, it might be slightly on or off topic.

How do feel about the state of things currently right now? Do you ever find yourself missing the Myspace era and when Youtube didn’t have ads? When MTV had headbangers ball and when RuneScape and World of Warcraft was the :censored2:? The Icanhazcheeseburger generation in computer class.

How do you see UPS differently than what old guard boomers post about that already have “theirs” secured rather than us are working towards?
Boomers need not apply.
Amen borther

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I’m 26 and I honestly believe that not going to college allowed me to keep some semblance of common sense and conservative values. Ones that make sense in the long run.
Let me make myself clear. I have nothing against education. I believe it is the foundation of the future, and being able to advance in your career. But sometimes, in my industry, at least, high school diploma is enough. I could never be a corporate, or Trainmaster were making 2 to 300,000 a year as a superintendent because I don’t have a degree. But I can make 150,000 as a conductor and have common sense and realistic financial values.

rod

Retired 22 years
And yet that generation gave us 20 trillion in new debt and entitlements because they were too scared to exercise or get the flu.
That's what happens when a generation is too lazy to get out and vote and would rather play video games. It's your own fault. For what it's worth I have never voted for a candidate who campaigned on a platform of "raising taxes" or was in favor of entitlements. Have you ever voted in your life?

wilberforce15

That's what happens when a generation is too lazy to get out and vote and would rather play video games. It's your own fault. For what it's worth I have never voted for a candidate who campaigned on a platform of "raising taxes" or was in favor of entitlements. Have you ever voted in your life?
So you don't blame the people who did it, you blame the children who didn't stop them?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Let me make myself clear. I have nothing against education. I believe it is the foundation of the future, and being able to advance in your career. But sometimes, in my industry, at least, high school diploma is enough. I could never be a corporate, or Trainmaster were making 2 to 300,000 a year as a superintendent because I don’t have a degree. But I can make 150,000 as a conductor and have common sense and realistic financial values.
The rich and poor always have money on their mind. Middle class is where it’s at. You can actually have a fulfilling life, and it’s the backbone of a healthy society. It’s why I decided to come to UPS. Besides, $150k is not as common anyway so you’re still succeeding if you live within your means and plan ahead.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The 2 cheese burger meal (cheapest combo on the menu) now cost you a 10 dollar bill and they aren't much bigger than a White Castle burger.
I know that one is considerably less than that around here but a Big Mac or QPC meal will easily run you $9 minimum.