anyone know how to find final decision?

UPSmechanicinblue

We have this below happen where air drivers get identification on own time. This was deadlocked-is there a way to find final decision?

Local 162 v. UPS, Portland, OR On behalf of all affected employees, Union alleges Company violated Article 17, claiming that all time spent obtaining necessary airport identification is time spent in service of the Employer. Article 17 obligates the Employer to pay employees for all time spent in service of the Employer. DECISION: Based on the facts presented, this case is DEADLOCKED.

UPSmechanicinblue

trying, no luck yet- Do all deadlocked UPS National grievance decisions go to the NLRB? Just reading them to educate myself. Most are dead locked or referred back to both parties at the National level.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I wish we got paid to get an airport id. Every year you have to watch 2 hours of training videos. It sucks

UPSmechanicinblue

We get paid. Initial class is 5 hours and recert is an hour. All paid time.
What area are you in? Is this maybe addressed in your local ryder? I called the Portland Local and they said this went to arbitration on this and it was lost for all locals. Due to it being government required etc.

Johney

What area are you in? Is this maybe addressed in your local ryder? I called the Portland Local and they said this went to arbitration on this and it was lost for all locals. Due to it being government required etc.
Florida. Not sure if it's in local ryder or not I just know it's paid for time.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Just got call-This case was lost in arbitration. No pay for this time.

Typical panel procedure is for deadlocked cases to either be referred back to the parties (labor manager and business agent) or then referred to arbitration. If it was lost in arbitration, the decision is final and binding.

This should be a bargaining issue in your next supplemental contract negotiations.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt