Anyone out there getting suspension letters for misloads?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I was having a problem last oct. (08) with sups saying I had misloads I know for a fact I check my trucks before I leave I went a whole year with no warnings or nothing i had maybe 1-2 misloads a month if that, and now here it is oct again and i had 6 misloads in one week and only worked 4 days last week and they could not even show me the misloaded packages there excuse was it got delivered the problem is sups are running us part timers off the belt and loading what packages are left outside the car and also they are down in the unload (the sups) flipping up labels that is causing us to have the **** shoved down our throats and stacking out packages. i always sign under protest on all misloads they say i have .
any advice or help?

File a grievance every time a sup touches a package. That is hourly work abd should not be performed by a supervisor. Penalty for Sups working id double pay for all time worked up to 2 hours.

djkre8r

Last January (2010), I was issued 3 intent to terminate letters in a 2 week period. I had 2 missloads on a Friday (issued the letter on the following Monday), 1 missload on that Monday (issued a letter that Tuesday) and then 1 missload the next week. Feels strange to get FIRED 3 times in 2 weeks and still working. Anyway, I refused to sign and filed on everyone of them and this past August (8 months later) I was informed that all of the intent to terminates were heard by the panel and pulled from my file. I was told by our BA that if I lost a days work because of missloads that he would personally pay me out of his pocket for my lost wages. A nice gesture on his part but he was wanting to reassure me that you CAN'T be fired for missloads.

As far as what can you do to get better... do as instructed above! What I found that really helped me was to SLOW DOWN and PAY ATTENTION. We work on a straight line belt so I would tell the person across from me that I couldn't talk and I had to focus. We are allowed to use iPods so I would get in my own world. A lot of time I wouldn't even have anything playing! When someone saw me with ear phones in... they wouldn't speak. When you walk in the truck look at the PAL and the plackard (however it is spelled). As you walk in the truck SCAN the PAL labels on the shelf. Put the package in the proper place and scan the PAL labels on the shelf above or below on the way out. IF you get a minute while waiting on packages, take a sharpie marker (our center gave them out) and make a mark on every PAL label. Don't mark them as you walk them in the truck - go back later! If you do it as you walk it in, you will form a habit and just simply mark them without paying attention. This helped me! Good luck and just FOCUS!

ShopStewardLocal177

I was having a problem last oct. (08) with sups saying I had misloads I know for a fact I check my trucks before I leave I went a whole year with no warnings or nothing i had maybe 1-2 misloads a month if that, and now here it is oct again and i had 6 misloads in one week and only worked 4 days last week and they could not even show me the misloaded packages there excuse was it got delivered the problem is sups are running us part timers off the belt and loading what packages are left outside the car and also they are down in the unload (the sups) flipping up labels that is causing us to have the **** shoved down our throats and stacking out packages. i always sign under protest on all misloads they say i have .
any advice or help?
Don't sign anything at all, not even under protest! Tell the supervisor you Refuse To Sign, let them write down RTS. You should file grievances on supervisors working for sending you home and for them flipping labels as well! You can also file grievances for safety violations for company creating unsafe work conditions! Go to your steward, too!

ShopStewardLocal177

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

They have to follow disciplinary progression. Verbal warning (don't sign), written warning (don't sign), suspension notice (don't sign), intent to terminate (don't sign), and I think there's a hearing before it is finalized. Talk to your steward and/or your local business manager. That's why you pay them.

That part is correct.

You don't have to sign for disciplinary part but under article 50, last paragraph you do have to sign if it is going in your file. Not admitting guilt just says that you understand it is going in your file. If you do not sign, first (day) time you refuse to sign its is failure to follow, second (day) time its refusel to sign and you are on the street. Couple of my guys found out the hard way.

It does sound like your sup's are trying to help. Just try and keep your head down and follow the methods and you should be fine.
Supervisors are stealing time from him. You tell him keep his head down, what is that? The company is also creating an unsafe work area, packages stacked is never a good thing. "Just keep your head down" you won't get hurt! You give horrible advice and you make up articles and language that does not exist in the contract. It is your Constitutional Right to not sign anything!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Supervisors are stealing time from him. You tell him keep his head down, what is that? The company is also creating an unsafe work area, packages stacked is never a good thing. "Just keep your head down" you won't get hurt! You give horrible advice and you make up articles and language that does not exist in the contract. It is your Constitutional Right to not sign anything!

It may be in an Art 50 supplement in that particular region Dragon was talking about.. Otherwise, you are correct and honestly, Dragon is a anti-worker cliche' type UPS manager, so don't get too worked up.