Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
How many drivers are assigned to each ORS?
It’s about 50-1 here. I really don’t think someone is going to be sitting in front of a computer watching cameras all day but rather certain events will get flagged like a hard braking incident which they can see already even before these cameras. I also see them using it as a way to get rid of headache drivers that are on the radar.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It’s about 50-1 here. I really don’t think someone is going to be sitting in front of a computer watching cameras all day but rather certain events will get flagged like a hard braking incident which they can see already even before these cameras. I also see them using it as a way to get rid of headache drivers that are on the radar.
Exactly. Oh, you filed 9.5 last week? Watch this guy all day, harassment made easier is all it is.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i'm not saying they are or they aren't, but logistically, just consider that they are rolling these cameras out in 10,500 trucks in just our area alone. who is going to be watching all those cameras? chinese slave labor?
Well my sups only leave the office to go to the China buffet.

35years

Gravy route
For a long time they lied and said their GPS was not able to track in real time. The union assured us they wouldn't be allowed to track us in real time.

Then one of our drivers took break, parking next to a river and running along side it ..The gps was barely incorrect. The office thought he drove into the river (truck gps) and he was floating downstream (dias gps).

They went out to the route to check on him, they could no longer pretend gps was not tracking in real time.

My guess is they will do the same with cameras. There should be unambiguous language prohibiting cab cameras.

No way it is a coincidence rolling it out mid contact

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
It goes like this...

FIRST-The cameras have no capacity to film inward.

Second- The cameras have the capacity but won't be turned on

THIRD- They will only turn on with motion

FORTH- Yes, they are constantly recording but won't be used for discipline

FIFTH- We will only use the footage for discipline when we have additional evidence

SIXTH- We will use footage for discipline all the time since contract language is ambiguous

A frog will not jump out of a pot, if the water temperature slowly rises....all the way to boiling.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It goes like this...

FIRST-The cameras have no capacity to film inward.

Second- The cameras have the capacity but won't be turned on

THIRD- They will only turn on with motion

FORTH- Yes, they are constantly recording but won't be used for discipline

FIFTH- We will only use the footage for discipline when we have additional evidence

SIXTH- We will use footage for discipline all the time since contract language is ambiguous

A frog will not jump out of a pot, if the water temperature slowly rises....all the way to boiling.

I think I might quit over this. Not quite ready to yet, so I hope it takes a while to get to my center.