Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

over9five

Staff member
cam2.jpg

Posted in another forum

Box Ox

our center is getting these right now. in our 30 min training session we were told explicitly that there is no current ability to record video or audio inside the cab. they do have the motion sensor to detect talking on phones/eating/drinking etc.
we were told repeatedly, in front of a shop steward, that they can't hear anything you say (or sing), only that they can see via motion detection that you are using a hand held phone.

LOL

Faceplanted

The camera stays on for 15 min after the ignition is turned off

personally, I don’t care. I’m gonna go for high score every day. I hope the camera gets some cool footage of the slip angles I can get sometimes drifting the truck in the rain on slick sealed surfaces.

Scuderia

One problem with that. The inside of the Hub is loaded with cameras. I know our automotive department is pretty much fully covered. I hear moat of the hub has some sort of coverage.
I’ve never been discipline inside the hub by management using camera footage. These cameras are explicitly being installed for that purpose. Hub cameras are mostly used to prosecute thieves. Way different purposes.

The minute a member gets disciplined using camera footage, they should ask to go to the company doctor for mental stress. Turn the tables on them.

542thruNthru

I’ve never been discipline inside the hub by management using camera footage. These cameras are explicitly being installed for that purpose. Hub cameras are mostly used to prosecute thieves. Way different purposes.

The minute a member gets disciplined using camera footage, they should ask to go to the company doctor for mental stress. Turn the tables on them.
And then what?

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
But does cameras in the cab
" results in a signifcant change in the work of any classifcation of employees in the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in any classifcation of em- ployees in the bargaining unit."

The cradle changes our work more than a camera in the cab and it wasn't negotiated.
WORLDS!!! :censored2:IN!!! STRONGEST!!!!!

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
showed up this morning to find the camera had been installed in my truck overnight. in case you haven't had the training session yet for these or are just curious what ours was like, it was a 15-20 min video explaining what lytx does, then a group of ups people giving us their position on what it can and can't do.

we were told explicitly that there is no ability to record audio or video inside the vehicle.
we were told that "it isn't there to catch us taking a sip of water or eating a handful of peanuts"

we were told that it is there (obviously) to record external events, and that the internal sensors were there to "flag for review" what ups considers "coachable events", in other words, talking on your hand held phone, eating a sandwich or holding a drink cup in your hand while driving etc. which according to this training session would cause your activity to be reviewed by mgmt then earn you a sit down with them.

we were told that a small red light will activate as well as a beeping sound when internal or external events happen that trigger it to record. not enough space between you and the vehicle in front? beep. hard braking? beep. talking on your phone? beep.

based on all of this i am 99.9% certain that while the camera was installed it hadn't been activated yet as there wasn't a single red light or beep from it today and i spend nearly an hour every day on the highway where people regularly cross 2-3 lanes in front of me to exit etc. as the day went on i tried a few things like leaving one hand on the gear shift during a backing maneuver, adjusting my mirror while driving etc just to see if i could set it off. they added them to hundreds of our trucks today so i'm sure i'll hear stories about it soon enough.

bumped

showed up this morning to find the camera had been installed in my truck overnight. in case you haven't had the training session yet for these or are just curious what ours was like, it was a 15-20 min video explaining what lytx does, then a group of ups people giving us their position on what it can and can't do.

we were told explicitly that there is no ability to record audio or video inside the vehicle.
we were told that "it isn't there to catch us taking a sip of water or eating a handful of peanuts"

we were told that it is there (obviously) to record external events, and that the internal sensors were there to "flag for review" what ups considers "coachable events", in other words, talking on your hand held phone, eating a sandwich or holding a drink cup in your hand while driving etc. which according to this training session would cause your activity to be reviewed by mgmt then earn you a sit down with them.

we were told that a small red light will activate as well as a beeping sound when internal or external events happen that trigger it to record. not enough space between you and the vehicle in front? beep. hard braking? beep. talking on your phone? beep.

based on all of this i am 99.9% certain that while the camera was installed it hadn't been activated yet as there wasn't a single red light or beep from it today and i spend nearly an hour every day on the highway where people regularly cross 2-3 lanes in front of me to exit etc. as the day went on i tried a few things like leaving one hand on the gear shift during a backing maneuver, adjusting my mirror while driving etc just to see if i could set it off. they added them to hundreds of our trucks today so i'm sure i'll hear stories about it soon enough.
...and telematics is only for the mechanics.

35years

Gravy route
So,
They contend it can't record inside events....
I don't believe them but recording and live streaming are equivalent if they record the stream with a different device in the office...
They would technically not be lying, but no doubt they are actually trying to deceive.

How could it possibly "flag for review" eating, drinking or talking on the phone while driving if it was not recording OR live streaming???

Is this NOT technology that has to be negotiated before being rolled out? And don't give me the cow dung about "have you filed a grievance?"....The union is fully aware of this roll out. The memos are posted on this thread. WHY ISN'T A WORK STOPPAGE BEING CALLED BY THE NATIONAL TEAMSTERS like what happened when they raised the weight limit to 70 without negotiation?