Anyone unhappy they Retired? Or are YA HAPPY?

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm glad Apollo is happy you retired. Our wives are happy we retired, but I bet our wives were "happier" when we were working. I wonder if the same applies to Apollo? Nawww, impossible!! right?

Wives tend to hate it if their husbands are home all day----that's why I disappear so much.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm glad Apollo is happy you retired. Our wives are happy we retired, but I bet our wives were "happier" when we were working. I wonder if the same applies to Apollo? Nawww, impossible!! right?
He follows me around like a little dog.
My wife gets a kick out of him following me around.
He doesn't like to be held but he is usually within 10 feet of me inside or out.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
a couple months away from SS. almost another 2 grand a month.

main thing i am trying to do now is working on my health. going to doctor's for a tuneup and trying to eat better which is really hard sometimes because we eat out so much now.

Want to be like @rod and keep those pension checks coming in for a long time. ( almost 3 years for us.can't believe where those 3 years went )

Last edited:

Shiftless

a couple months away from SS. almost another 2 grand a month.

main thing i am trying to do now is working on my health. going to doctor's for a tuneup and trying to eat better which is really hard sometimes because we eat out so much now.

Want to be like @rod and keep those pension checks coming in for a long time. ( almost 3 years for us.can't believe where those 3 years went )

I can relate! Except in a couple months I have been retired 13 years! I go to the Dr. for a physical every year. along with a long list of other Dr's that keep me in tune! Heck I am only 62 but the significant other has certain demands, Happy Wife, Happy Life ( its true! ). Just started wearing prescription glasses here a couple years ago. I miss my eye sight most! Being a feeder driver so long, my left ear reception of audible noises is the most damaged from driving LOUD crappy trucks for so long.

I aint complainin! I'm ENJOYING RETIREMENT! Hope the rest of you who made it thru are doing the same!