Anyone unhappy they Retired? Or are YA HAPPY?

twoweeled

But that goes both ways. Would you rather have the time of your life while your young and healthy or die old with money? I get there is always between areas for both of these but you get where I am going. I say spend and be happy while your young but of course start IRA'S, 401'S and have some savings. So now at least when you retire you'll have IRA, 401, social security and pension. Then you can tighten up and just coast out the rest of your life sitting on the porch watching the grandkids running around.
You are so right! I don't know how many times I have heard drivers say; Why should I retire, I'm still healthy". I don't get it! Are you waiting till your not healthy to retire??

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
my dad retired in good health at 55 and collected his pension for 34 years. mostly in good health.

it was a no brainer for me to retire as soon as i got peer80. have had more fun in the last 2 and a half years than the whole time I was with UPS.

twoweeled

my dad retired in good health at 55 and collected his pension for 34 years. mostly in good health.

it was a no brainer for me to retire as soon as i got peer80. have had more fun in the last 2 and a half years than the whole time I was with UPS.
My dad has been retired for 40 years.
Isn't it great being able to do stuff on weekdays? Gone are the daily mathematical equations of; I'll wake up and this time, be there at this time, spend X amount of time and leave at this time, be home and get to bed by this time, so I can wake up and go to work and start over again! God, what sort of life was that!! I haven't regretted a single time leaving. Having friends over on weekdays, weekends or whenever! Could never do that working. It's always in the back of your mind; I've got to be in bed at X time. you don't get to bed, and you pay the price the following day. I don't miss it. LOL!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Apollo is happy I retired:

Apollo Happy Retirement.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
you have got to be kiddin me? this member is a mod? no wonder people are leaving this site or not coming back as often. i used to check every day. now it is usually on the weekends. .

FOH

Best MOD ever!!!

This guy knows what he’s doing

Wants to know if you’ll show him how to work the pole. He’s having some issues