Appeals filed in RAvsUPS NLRB case

badsporh

He who is not with us, is against us.
When you do decide to post these please post them as a link rather than as individual pages.
I'm sorry. I don't know how to do what you're asking. The pics of each screen shot of each page were posted on a Facebook post and I saved each photo in page order and posted them here. I not computer good:hangover:

badsporh

Screenshot_2017-01-26-11-59-25.png
Screenshot_2017-01-26-11-59-48.png
Screenshot_2017-01-26-12-00-07.png
Screenshot_2017-01-26-12-00-18.png
Here is the appeal and some exceptions to the NLRB, of the ALJ's November decission. This appeal is put forth by RA's own legal counsel, whereas the 1st one in this thread was submitted by the NLRB prosecutor. This
Screenshot_2017-01-26-12-00-07.png
Screenshot_2017-01-26-12-00-18.png
Screenshot_2017-01-26-12-00-34.png
Screenshot_2017-01-26-12-00-44.png
Screenshot_2017-01-26-12-00-55.png
Screenshot_2017-01-26-12-01-13.png
one is a bit more detailed and three times as long as the prosecutor's and takes exception to some additional aspects of the ALJ's decision.

LeadBelly

Banned
View attachment 115720 A recommendation was issued in this charge by an NLRB Administrative Law Judge in November. All concerned parties (NLRB, UPS, RA's counsel) have filed appeals to parts of the ALJ's ruling. The case will now go before the Board in DC which currently consists of only 3 of it's normal 5 members (two seats have expired and new board members have not yet been nominated by the new POTUS). It would be better for RA if these appeals are heard ASAP before the POTUS has the chance to fill the two open seats with those who will likely be conservative minded.

UPS has filed their appeal arguing that RA's termination should not have been ruled a violation of the NLRA.

The NLRB and counsel for RA filed their appeals against the ALJ's decision to not order return to work for RA because of Facebook comments he made 5 months after he last was employed at UPS.

I was able to download screenshots of the NLRB prosecutor's appeal and I'm including them in this post.
Quick question brother badspore.

You would like the decision before the new potus makes his appointments. This would obviously have its advantages.

What would you estimate the percentage of teamsters was who voted in the new potus?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Here you go. All nice and neat.

The rest of the briefs can be found here.

NLRB

Attachments

• Robert Atkinson Brief in Support of Exceptions.pdf
    216.5 KB · Views: 228

badsporh

Quick question brother badspore.

You would like the decision before the new potus makes his appointments. This would obviously have its advantages.

What would you estimate the percentage of teamsters was who voted in the new potus?
Probably about 50%. I think a lot of union members probably voted for Trump out of desperation and disgust that the Dems seem to have only seemingly paid lip service to unions for a long time. Nobody likes to be taken advantage of. I didn't vote for Trump, because I knew he'd be bad for unions and the NLRB.

It appears that he's already started his attack on the NLRB with the elevation of Philip A Miscamarra to acting Chairman of the Board.

10 Pt

Probably about 50%. I think a lot of union members probably voted for Trump out of desperation and disgust that the Dems seem to have only seemingly paid lip service to unions for a long time. Nobody likes to be taken advantage of. I didn't vote for Trump, because I knew he'd be bad for unions and the NLRB.

It appears that he's already started his attack on the NLRB with the elevation of Philip A Miscamarra to acting Chairman of the Board.
Two more questions:
Did his local union work with the company to terminate his employment and if so, if his union representation would have stood up for him would he be in this position today?

10 Pt

The ALJ pointed out....

That RA didn't file a grievance (on 2 different occasions) protesting the warning letters.

As a 17 year Steward, that's a rookie mistake.

-Bug-
They only become a matter of record?
And his local President wasn't involved in colluding with the company to get rid of him?

That's the question... Did his local stab him in the back?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They only become a matter of record?

Insofar as, if you don't agree with the company's position.

Not protesting a warning letter.... looks like an admission of guilt.

I can't make it anymore "clear".... than that.

-Bug-

* My PayPal account is active. If you pay by credit card.... there is a 3% fee *

10 Pt

Insofar as, if you don't agree with the company's position.

Not protesting a warning letter.... looks like an admission of guilt.

I can't make it anymore "clear".... than that.

-Bug-

* My PayPal account is active. If you pay by credit card.... there is a 3% fee *
We've filed on many warning ltrs. I got the default conclusion a long time ago.

That wasn't what I responded to originally that was conveniently sidestepped.

And,

I have a $20 charge for redundant interpretation. Plus tax.