Appeals filed in RAvsUPS NLRB case

badsporh

He who is not with us, is against us.
Two more questions:
Did his local union work with the company to terminate his employment and if so, if his union representation would have stood up for him would he be in this position today?

RA's local absolutely worked with UPS management to have him discharged. His Principal Officer and political rival BRF sent derogatory e-mails to UPS Labor Managers pointing out RA's campaigning activity and insinuating that he may have been on the clock while campaigning.

When RA was 1st suspended, it was for 48 days. This amount of days was interestingly the exact amount of days required to keep RA out of the building until the day after the next panel. At this next panel, the same two JC 40 officers sat on his panel that had previously sat months prior. Both of these officers were well known for their pro-company decisions and their close relationship with BRF. They gave her and the company the decision they wanted.

So, yes his Principal Officer and BA, who was responsible for defending him, was collaborating with the company to have him fired and if she and the panel had given him a fair deal he would not be in this position today.

*I've included one of the E-mails that BRF sent to Division Labor Manager TM who forwarded it to District Labor Manager FW exactly one week before RA was first discharged. The e-mail includes a screenshot of a Facebook post on a Teamsters page of RA thanking his brothers at Asbury Graphite for their warm reception as he campaigned there.
Screenshot_2017-01-30-10-38-29.png

LeadBelly

Banned
Better the Russians than your wife?
My wife looking at everything I do is better for my overall well being. The Russians is just plain scary. Ups told me it was time to do the yearly MVR disclosure. I said okay where's the sheet of paper. They said you gotta log into UPSers.com. I said no way, so the Russians can hack me.

badsporh

Do you know what he's doing for work now?
Just enjoying his vacation and preparing to go back to work at UPS sometime in the next 3 years. He will not settle with UPS. This is about what's right, not about being paid off. He's already turned down approximately a quarter million to walk away, I feel like there just might not be a price on his principles.

LeadBelly

Banned
Just enjoying his vacation and preparing to go back to work at UPS sometime in the next 3 years. He will not settle with UPS. This is about what's right, not about being paid off. He's already turned down approximately a quarter million to walk away, I feel like there just might not be a price on his principles.
I hope he finds what he seeks.

badsporh

The ALJ pointed out....

That RA didn't file a grievance (on 2 different occasions) protesting the warning letters.

As a 17 year Steward, that's a rookie mistake.

-Bug-

He absolutely should have filed those grievances, but while it's pretty easy to sit back and play armchair QB and pick apart any mistake he made, I think due consideration should be given to the fact that none of us were in his shoes at that time. Coming to a realization that your collective bargaining agent is working in conjunction with the company to attack you can probably create some forced errors. But in spite of those errors, here he is still going toe to toe with UPS with absolutely no help from the IBT.

LeadBelly

Banned
He absolutely should have filed those grievances, but while it's pretty easy to sit back and play armchair QB and pick apart any mistake he made, I think due consideration should be given to the fact that none of us were in his shoes at that time. Coming to a realization that your collective bargaining agent is working in conjunction with the company to attack you can probably create some forced errors. But in spite of those errors, here he is still going toe to toe with UPS with absolutely no help from the IBT.
I think whatever mistakes RA made he gets a pass by the well documented deplorable acts BRF made to cut his jugular working in concert with the company. She takes an oath of office.

10 Pt

My wife looking at everything I do is better for my overall well being. The Russians is just plain scary. Ups told me it was time to do the yearly MVR disclosure. I said okay where's the sheet of paper. They said you gotta log into UPSers.com. I said no way, so the Russians can hack me.
My attempt at creative humor.
Wives like ours are our saving grace in this life and I've never asked to see the checkbook for over 30 yrs. Not many husbands can say that they have that kind of faith in their wife.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Russians is just plain scary. Ups told me it was time to do the yearly MVR disclosure. I said okay where's the sheet of paper. They said you gotta log into UPSers.com. I said no way, so the Russians can hack me.
So how did that end?
Did the Company provide the form, or are they still insisting it be done online?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He absolutely should have filed those grievances, but while it's pretty easy to sit back and play armchair QB and pick apart any mistake he made, I think due consideration should be given to the fact that none of us were in his shoes at that time.

It's not being an "armchair quarterback".

Not protesting a warning letter....

Is like "Union Steward 101".

17 years as a Steward.

God forbid.... he offers advice, to his fellow members.

Pfft.

-Bug-

LeadBelly

Banned
My attempt at creative humor.
Wives like ours are our saving grace in this life and I've never asked to see the checkbook for over 30 yrs. Not many husbands can say that they have that kind of faith in their wife.
You sound like a man of faith! Mine comes and goes. Usually it comes back stronger, but it still comes and goes. This cycle repeats itself. How about you?