Roman0826

Hey I’m a newbie to BrownCafe and would appreciate any help anyone can offer me. I am a previous seasonal Ups Delivery driver and worked in the Bay Area. I never had any problems and even impressed my supervisor with how much I had progressed in such a little amount of time. Anyhow to my million dollar question. I got an inside tip from a delivery driver at another hub that they had hired a few seasonal drivers and were still hiring for the delivery driver position so I went on ups jobs and tried to apply. It only let me get as far as the check the boxes page about weather you can lift 70lbs and weather you have had any accidents etc etc. after completing the check the boxes I clicked continue and there was a message stating “ WE SEE YOUR A FORMER UPS EMPLOYEE AND THAT MY APPLICATION IS PENDING A REVIEW OF MY WORK HISTORY” it also said it could take up to 8 business days to complete and to check back. It’s been close to a month now and it still says the application is pending. I don’t have a negative rehire and exceeded my supervisors expectations so it has had me going crazy wondering what’s going on and why it still says pending. Just to see what would happen I had my buddy go to try to apply for that same position as a driver I am never working for UPS before and after he completed the checkboxes it said congratulations and that he was selected to fill out the actual application which could take 15 minutes or what not could somebody please give me whatever kind of help or info anybody knows on this it would be so much appreciated thank you so much and advance

Babagounj

Strength through joy
barnyard is correct. the system only allows one application. all others are automatically rejected.
you should have been around when they only allowed one member from any family.

Trash Panda

Im just surprised OP waited a month. Common sense would have been just to call HR.

Something happened similar to me. HR was doing call backs for summer peak. Told me to go online and fill out the app. Went and checked. No app. They typo’d the email it was under and thats why it didn't show.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hey I’m a newbie to BrownCafe and would appreciate any help anyone can offer me. I am a previous seasonal Ups Delivery driver and worked in the Bay Area. I never had any problems and even impressed my supervisor with how much I had progressed in such a little amount of time. Anyhow to my million dollar question. I got an inside tip from a delivery driver at another hub that they had hired a few seasonal drivers and were still hiring for the delivery driver position so I went on ups jobs and tried to apply. It only let me get as far as the check the boxes page about weather you can lift 70lbs and weather you have had any accidents etc etc. after completing the check the boxes I clicked continue and there was a message stating “ WE SEE YOUR A FORMER UPS EMPLOYEE AND THAT MY APPLICATION IS PENDING A REVIEW OF MY WORK HISTORY” it also said it could take up to 8 business days to complete and to check back. It’s been close to a month now and it still says the application is pending. I don’t have a negative rehire and exceeded my supervisors expectations so it has had me going crazy wondering what’s going on and why it still says pending. Just to see what would happen I had my buddy go to try to apply for that same position as a driver I am never working for UPS before and after he completed the checkboxes it said congratulations and that he was selected to fill out the actual application which could take 15 minutes or what not could somebody please give me whatever kind of help or info anybody knows on this it would be so much appreciated thank you so much and advance
Do you know what a paragraph is????

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
150lbs , not sure why the company lies about this..

We are only required to lift up to 70 lbs by ourselves. If you believe you will be unable to safely lift a package over 70, or maneuver it onto a handtruck, by yourself, you are allowed to ask the company to send you help.

Roman0826

I contacted HR a little over 2 weeks ago and was told I should get an email or phone call but got neither. It makes no sense why they wouldn’t let someone who recently was a package driver for them during peaking has his DOT get to finish the application. I appreciate the input

Roman0826

HR is a joke anyway. The HR at the hub I was a driver was a turd. He would tell everyone to just come see him if we had any issues but when someone would come to him with an issue he would get all pissed like he was too busy to help anyone.