applying for an amazon position

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Talent pool in California for tech companies is just so much greater than everywhere else that's a fact.
San Diego is expensive but there's a reason for that. Especially if you're making good money at a big company.

Good money that's offset by the high expenses. There isn't anything to be done by Amazon in CA that can't be done just as well elsewhere at a lower cost.

MAKAVELI

Good money that's offset by the high expenses. There isn't anything to be done by Amazon in CA that can't be done just as well elsewhere at a lower cost.
I never said it couldn't. But you can say the same for all of the big companies that have their headquarters in Cali.:happy2:

bacha29

Let's sum it up this way. San Diego would be great but what's the sense in having 2 HQ's on the West Coast? Latest flavor of the day is Denver. Likewise Philadelphia and Northern Virginia have been mentioned often. Even Toronto has a shot at it. So just let's wait and see what happens. Moving into healthcare seems to be first on Bezos agenda at the present time. Whoever gets the new HQ will almost certainly give more than they get and in the end come to regret having done so .

Oldfart

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
Plenty of news articles about people living in Frisco working for Google making 6 figures and can barely afford a decent place to live. I was there this past summer on vacation and there was story after story about the outrageous housing cost despite the high salaries that people made.

As usual, I speak facts and you speak out your arse.

We have some holidays coming up. Do we need to school you on how overtime works again. Despite several people making plenty of post, your mind just couldn't comprehend the concept last time it was discussed. Bummer

MAKAVELI

Plenty of news articles about people living in Frisco working for Google making 6 figures and can barely afford a decent place to live. I was there this past summer on vacation and there was story after story about the outrageous housing cost despite the high salaries that people made.

As usual, I speak facts and you speak out your arse.

We have some holidays coming up. Do we need to school you on how overtime works again. Despite several people making plenty of post, your mind just couldn't comprehend the concept last time it was discussed. Bummer
I live in Cali Gomer. As high as the cost of living is no one making six figures is hurting. Do I need to school you as to the different areas and cost of living throughout California.

Oldfart

Do you live in Frisco Tupoc? That is where I saw the stories. According to Zillow the median house price is 1 million $ in Frisco. I guess you never heard of Zillow.

Please explain to me how overtime works? I hear you are an expert on the subject. Oh yea, you are the tool that couldn't figure out what 1.5 times your salary means. And you try to explain economics to this site.

MAKAVELI

Do you live in Frisco Tupoc? That is where I saw the stories. According to Zillow the median house price is 1 million $ in Frisco. I guess you never heard of Zillow.

Please explain to me how overtime works? I hear you are an expert on the subject. Oh yea, you are the tool that couldn't figure out what 1.5 times your salary means. And you try to explain economics to this site.
You do know not everyone who works in Frisco lives in the city limits? Do you know what the term commuting means or should I explain that to you?

Oldfart

You do know not everyone who works in Frisco lives in the city limits? Do you know what the term commuting means or should I explain that to you?
I know what the term commuting means. It is a shame a person must live 20 miles or so away from their job in order to afford a decent place to live.

Wait, you say the cost of living isn't high enough for people to have to commute. You said I had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned high housing. NOW you suggest commuting as a way to afford a house. Which is it? Is housing affordable in Frisco or is commuting necessary? I don't think you know what you are talking about Tupac.

Will you please explain how overtime pay works. That's right. You don't know. Yet you expect anyone to take your economic lessons serious. That's funny. I don't care who you are. Bummer

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

I know what the term commuting means.

Will you please explain how overtime pay works. That's right. You don't know. Yet you expect anyone to take your economic lessons serious. That's funny. I don't care who you are. Bumer
Obviously you don't know what commuting means since you believe everyone who works in San Fransisco lives in in San Fransisco. The Bay area is home to 7+ million people. Obviously there are areas more expensive than others, a concept you can't comprehend in your economically depressed area .

Oldfart

Obviously you don't know what commuting means since you believe everyone who works in San Fransisco lives in in San Fransisco. The Bay area is home to 6+ million people. Obviously there are areas more expensive than others, a concept you can't comprehend in your area.
Obviously you are too much of a tool to know what MEDIAN means. That means half cost more, half cost less. 1 million $ is the median price home in Frisco and that figure is several years old.

Hey, you are such an authority on housing. How bout explaining the OVERTIME rules. You are too ignorant to even understand the concept of 1.5 and you want to explain something to me about money. I keep asking for an explanation and you keep avoiding the subject. I know you feel like an idiot for not knowing how OT works. Maybe you can ask a 7 year old to show you how the math works. I bet they are smarter than you. Bummer

MAKAVELI

Obviously you are too much of a tool to know what MEDIAN means. That means half cost more, half cost less. 1 million $ is the median price home in Frisco and that figure is several years old.

Hey, you are such an authority on housing. How bout explaining the OVERTIME rules. You are too ignorant to even understand the concept of 1.5 and you want to explain something to me about money. I keep asking for an explanation and you keep avoiding the subject. I know you feel like an idiot for not knowing how OT works. Maybe you can ask a 7 year old to show you how the math works. I bet they are smarter than you. Bummer
You are such a tool that you think all of the Bay area has the same cost of living. San Fransisco isn't even the biggest city in the bay. Do some research and get back to me you ignorant tool.

vantexan

You are such a tool that you think all of the Bay area has the same cost of living. San Fransisco isn't even the biggest city in the bay. Do some research and get back to me you ignorant tool.
Two points. I've read over and over that locals hate when people call it Frisco. It's San Francisco. Second, while FedEx pays it's highest payscale there, unless they're working tons of overtime and topped out those couriers aren't making $100k. And yet one of America's busiest metro areas, the Silicon Valley, somehow manages to be serviced by FedEx. So people are getting by. Having lived in one of the most expensive areas of the country, Stamford, CT, I can say I'd rather live in Texas making less per hour. Meeting those bills every month is a grind. Same for when I lived in Seattle and Santa Fe. At least to me it means little if a place has a million things to offer if I can't afford to enjoy them. The climate is blissfully nice(at least on and near the coast), the scenery is beautiful, I'll give you that. And much of this post was directed OF.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Two points. I've read over and over that locals hate when people call it Frisco. It's San Francisco. Second, while FedEx pays it's highest payscale there, unless they're working tons of overtime and topped out those couriers aren't making $100k. And yet one of America's busiest metro areas, the Silicon Valley, somehow manages to be serviced by FedEx. So people are getting by. Having lived in one of the most expensive areas of the country, Stamford, CT, I can say I'd rather live in Texas making less per hour. Meeting those bills every month is a grind. Same for when I lived in Seattle and Santa Fe. At least to me it means little if a place has a million things to offer if I can't afford to enjoy them. The climate is blissfully nice(at least on and near the coast), the scenery is beautiful, I'll give you that. And much of this post was directed OF.

UPS relocated from Greenwich (CT) to Atlanta in part due to the much lower cost of living in the Atlanta area.

floridays

Obviously you don't know what commuting means since you believe everyone who works in San Fransisco lives in in San Fransisco. The Bay area is home to 7+ million people. Obviously there are areas more expensive than others, a concept you can't comprehend in your economically depressed area .
Even in oldfarts depressed area there are more expensive areas than others, i'll take a step and say he probably understands that. I lived in the inland empire and a commute on the 10, the 5, the 60 or whichever way you wanted to or had to navigate to get to LA was a time consuming piece of hell. To much time spent on a slab of concrete just to get to a job or a beach that was highly overrated. Somehow I don't think the bay area day in and day out is less than what I just said. Don't perceive everyone is a troglodyte simply because they haven't figured out the golden state is superior. I'm all with you though, a two hour commute to go 40 miles is what I want to sign up for. your's in civility floridays