applying for an amazon position

oldngray

nowhere special
Amazon said they want a city with at least a million people with a supply of tech workers. For now they are teasing several cities to see which one will give them the best deal. Since the first HQ is on west coast I think the second will be east or more midwest. More likely midwest because of lower costs.

Oldfart

You are such a tool that you think all of the Bay area has the same cost of living. San Fransisco isn't even the biggest city in the bay. Do some research and get back to me you ignorant tool.
I used Frisco because I saw first hand when I was there when the news ran articles about high housing costs and the difficulty people had despite the high wages. Like I said. I speak with the facts as presented, you speak out your arse. Because math is not your best subject, your opinion doesnt count. You call me ignorant and yet I know how to multiply my salary and figure out OT. You have trouble doing that so that makes you dumber than an ignorant person. I believe that qualifies you as a maroon. Bummer

MAKAVELI

I used Frisco because I saw first hand when I was there when the news ran articles about high housing costs and the difficulty people had despite the high wages. Like I said. I speak with the facts as presented, you speak out your arse. Because math is not your best subject, your opinion doesnt count. You call me ignorant and yet I know how to multiply my salary and figure out OT. You have trouble doing that so that makes you dumber than an ignorant person. I believe that qualifies you as a maroon. Bummer
The fact is 6 million people live outside The City limits in the Bay. The fact that you can't understand the differences in housing costs in a small area (land wise) and that commuting is a way of life for those people qualifies you as a maroon. Nobody said it was easy to make it in California. But for those that do, its well worth the effort.

Oldfart

The fact is 6 million people live outside The City limits in the Bay. The fact that you can't understand the differences in housing costs in a small area (land wise) and that commuting is a way of life for those people qualifies you as a maroon. Nobody said it was easy to make it in California. But for those that do, its well worth the effort.
I might be a maroon BUT you have proven on this forum that you are much dumber than me. Guess that makes you an imbecile or worst. With the holidays approaching. Why don't you stop by a grade school and get the 3rd graders show you simple math for figuring out how OT works. Man, you have to be the dumbest person I ever talked to when you showed you didn't know how to figure OT pay. I showed your post last Mother's Day to people at work and they were amazed someone of your intelligence was even working for the company. Bummer

MAKAVELI

I might be a maroon BUT you have proven on this forum that you are much dumber than me. Guess that makes you an imbecile or worst. With the holidays approaching. Why don't you stop by a grade school and get the 3rd graders show you simple math for figuring out how OT works. Man, you have to be the dumbest person I ever talked to when you showed you didn't know how to figure OT pay. I showed your post last Mother's Day to people at work and they were amazed someone of your intelligence was even working for the company. Bummer
Stop by a grade school? You have the mentality of a third grader. That must suck for you.

Oldfart

I feel sorry for your co workers. It must be miserable to work along side such an old, miserable, and mentally challenged maroon. Bummer.
Go ask your coworkers and see what say. And ask how OT works Tupac. Cant help but notice you WILL not address that subject.

Bingo

Amazon said they want a city with at least a million people with a supply of tech workers. For now they are teasing several cities to see which one will give them the best deal. Since the first HQ is on west coast I think the second will be east or more midwest. More likely midwest because of lower costs.
Actually I would not be surprised if the city they choose is Orlando- Great weather,affordable housing which means they can save money on lower wages and the Governor is a businessman who has brought a number of new endeavors to the state

Oldfart

Some city is gonna hit a grand slam. I saw where Seattle has 40k Amazon jobs plus 50k more related jobs. Anyone that thinks giving Amazon tax breaks to get 50k new high paying jobs is badly mistaken.

bacha29

Some city is gonna hit a grand slam. I saw where Seattle has 40k Amazon jobs plus 50k more related jobs. Anyone that thinks giving Amazon tax breaks to get 50k new high paying jobs is badly mistaken.
You're right. Amazon is well known for not being a high paying employer. City planners have to find a way , the space and the money to build new roads find new sources of water build new water and sewage lines and treatment plants, build new schools etc . After awhile the limited benefits are outweighed by the sheer cost of hosting someone like Amazon given the sheer cost to the city itself. No question that many cities purely in the interest of political correctness are simply going through the motions praying that they are rejected early in the elimination process.

MAKAVELI

And this why SD is doing it then right way. They aren't offering huge tax incentives, stupid YouTube videos, a cactus, or buying a bunch of crap on Amazon.

bacha29

And this why SD is doing it then right way. They aren't offering huge tax incentives, stupid YouTube videos, a cactus, or buying a bunch of crap on Amazon.
Among a host of logistical headaches they have to include in it's list of things to do given that CA is coming out of a historical drought I wonder if water is among the items on that list.

MAKAVELI

Among a host of logistical headaches they have to include in it's list of things to do given that CA is coming out of a historical drought I wonder if water is among the items on that list.
San Diego just opened up a desal plant not too long ago and Gov Brown wants to build underground tunnels to pump water from NorCal to SoCal. I don't think water would be an issue.

fredxx

Upstate NYer is right...IF AMZN had to PAY published rates instead of the discounted rate (however CHEAP that is)it'd probably be too cost prohibitive to keep using FX/UPS/USPS... But Bezos the cockroach is having each compete on price to the point of losing $$ unless the u make it up in volume ... I HATE picking up trailers from AMZN...they're lying pricks ..whenever it comes to departures/arrivals time...they feel like they can treat u like garbage since they're a volume shipper...Wish all the major shippers would charge these guys reg rate...

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
San Diego just opened up a desal plant not too long ago and Gov Brown wants to build underground tunnels to pump water from NorCal to SoCal. I don't think water would be an issue.
Hope they're going to be paid for with state tax, and not Federal tax dollars. I'm from Texas, and I vote Amazon to California.:kickedoutsmile:

vantexan

You're right. Amazon is well known for not being a high paying employer. City planners have to find a way , the space and the money to build new roads find new sources of water build new water and sewage lines and treatment plants, build new schools etc . After awhile the limited benefits are outweighed by the sheer cost of hosting someone like Amazon given the sheer cost to the city itself. No question that many cities purely in the interest of political correctness are simply going through the motions praying that they are rejected early in the elimination process.
Amazon is providing thousands of decent paying jobs in Kansas. But the headquarters they're planning will provide 50,000 high paying jobs, not low paying. At least that's what I've read many times now.

fredxx

just read that the top choice for the second HQ's could be Austin TX.// PortlandOR// Pittsbugh area/// Salt Lake City UT/// Atlanta GA. (i thnk)...5 of the top cities ...out of 10...