APWA Update: Indianapolis, Ind. Center

Teamster251

PSST Drvr Local 251 PRORI
Overnite fought the Teamsters at every turn. UPS claims they will negotiate in good faith if the UPS Freight employees choose union representation. My feeling is that Hoffa will sacrifice something in the 2008 UPS contract in order to get the 14,000 freight employees into the union. I don't mind a little sacrifice to bring in new members. Only problem is that it's just more members from UPS. More milking the same cow.
We won't see any concessions in the UPS Master to get Overnite organized. I personally know one of the higher ranking BAs on the negioating committe and Overnite freight's situation is the furthest from the minds. Its not even weighing in on any of the talks.

The people that need to worry are those covered under the National Master Freight Agreement (NMFA) Concessions made in any UPSF Agreement will be excepted in the new NMFA which expires March 31 2008. Yellow owes most of the companies involved in the NMFA and CEO Bill Zollars could ask to have the NMFA match that of the Overnite/UPSF agreement on grounds of competition restriants.

Remember, not all of the 14,000 UPSF employee will be union. If they did all become union then that is only a 1% increase in membership over all. No ones going to sell you out for 1%, they maybe dumb at times, but not that dumb.

T251

Buckethead

Family Man:
why would i want to join a union(APWA) or non-profit org. that is so small and cant give me simple answers.THATS ALL I WANT!!!! i go to ibt meetings and they give me answers is this because they are established. if you guys think i am joining apwa and giving them 150 or 250dollars you are friend$#@ing crazy..

That's it friend-Man, refuse those blinders!

any:
The teamster have gone from an organization to just another corporation that is very greedy

I guess they were good enough until 2004. Tell me what kind of pay and benefits you would have had without them. Keep those blinders on.

brownmonster:
My feeling is that Hoffa will sacrifice something in the 2008 UPS contract in order to get the 14,000 freight employees into the union. I don't mind a little sacrifice to bring in new members.

Well BM, I sure sacrificed plenty when ups came in. Still making less. If I can do it you can to. JMO, I don't think this will happen.

the way i look at it everyone has there opinon, you hear it all from the rumors ie .... layoffs, pension and everything. everyone for the apwa ask yourselves some questions. what kind of contract are they going to get for us, what about our health benefits and retirement and pay? whats not to say they are trying sneak a blindside on you guys? you can look at ibt benefits and pension on paper and see the results they get you. compared to apwa what can they show you? how many people does apwa represent and negoiated a contract for??????? i dont want a mickey mouse union representing me or fellow workers.

30andout

Teamsters are just milking UPS employees to keep themselves going, we are the largest segment of them. Why not have a union that is by all UPS people and for only UPS people?

Ironshot

the way i look at it everyone has there opinon, you hear it all from the rumors ie .... layoffs, pension and everything. everyone for the apwa ask yourselves some questions. what kind of contract are they going to get for us, what about our health benefits and retirement and pay? whats not to say they are trying sneak a blindside on you guys? you can look at ibt benefits and pension on paper and see the results they get you. compared to apwa what can they show you? how many people does apwa represent and negoiated a contract for??????? i dont want a mickey mouse union representing me or fellow workers.
Ok Teamster boy, The UPS Pilots broke away from the Teamsters and have done dam well for themselves. Why? Why do we need a blood sucking leech
attached to our pension? If you were/are a "employee" just go to a APWA meeting yourself and ask the questions on your mind. A mickey mouse union? That is what the IBT has become, indebt, losing membership, criminal convictions of it's leadership, Multi paychecks for fake multiple jobs within the union, Excessive pensions for the top layer of criminals, this is just the beginning. Again, how many of these issues befront the APWA? Answer is none! And with the constitution and by laws together with the members (formerly Teamsters) it'll stay at none of the above mentioned. Only you can make the difference, not the fat hogs feeding on the membership's hard work.

Last edited:
well ironshot if comes down to it i hope we stay nonunion but if we really need one i`d vote ibt first and only. if the apwa gets in i get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing to lose here............

mittam

Ok Teamster boy, The UPS Pilots broke away from the Teamsters and have done dam well for themselves. Why? Why do we need a blood sucking leech
attached to our pension? If you were/are a "employee" just go to a APWA meeting yourself and ask the questions on your mind. A mickey mouse union? That is what the IBT has become, indebt, losing membership, criminal convictions of it's leadership, Multi paychecks for fake multiple jobs within the union, Excessive pensions for the top layer of criminals, this is just the beginning. Again, how many of these issues befront the APWA? Answer is none! And with the constitution and by laws together with the members (formerly Teamsters) it'll stay at none of the above mentioned. Only you can make the difference, not the fat hogs feeding on the membership's hard work.

AMEN IRONSHOT AMEN!!!!

30andout

well ironshot if comes down to it i hope we stay nonunion but if we really need one i`d vote ibt first and only. if the apwa gets in i get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing to lose here............
I feel sorry for you if you think the IBT is good, and I hope the door doesn't hit you too hard if APWA makes it.

Buckethead

Family Man:
i dont want a mickey mouse union representing me or fellow workers.

I have to disagree with this statement, It's not a Mickey Mouse Union.
It's a Mickey Mouse Organization. It hasn't shown enough to be considered a Union.

Ironshot:
Again, how many of these issues befront the APWA? Answer is none!

You have to be something to have something. Give it some time, when the apwa sheep vote them in they will find this out.

Family Man:
well ironshot if comes down to it i hope we stay nonunion but if we really need one i`d vote ibt first and only.

Well, if we join the IBT (I mean those of us that worked for the former OVNT/MC) the apwa and it's sheep (I mean supporters) say that we need to worry about them raping the pension. On the other hand if you stay non-union they could allways freeze the pension all together. (I've seen this first hand) And that will be just the start. JMO, you might want to rethink this.

Last edited:

Ironshot

Family Man:

I have to disagree with this statement, It's not a Mickey Mouse Union.
It's a Mickey Mouse Organization. It hasn't shown enough to be considered a Union.

Ironshot:

You have to be something to have something. Give it some time, when the apwa sheep vote them in they will find this out.

Family Man:

Well, if we join the IBT (I mean those of us that worked for the former OVNT/MC) the apwa and it's sheep (I mean supporters) say that we need to worry about them raping the pension. On the other hand if you stay non-union they could allways freeze the pension all together. (I've seen this first hand) And that will be just the start. JMO, you might want to rethink this.

Buckethead,
I'd like to expand upon you comments, but I am having difficulties seeing your position/s. It could be me? I did get that we supporters of the APWA goals are "Sheep". Also got the APWA message regarding the IBT wanting the OVNT/MC pension monies. I see a sentence suggesting a company can freeze its participation with regards to contributing to a pension. Are you suggesting UPSF will not contribute to our pension for our actions? JMO? You might want to rethink this? Are you a MC/UPSF employee buckethead? Not that it matters a whole lot. It just helps everyone get a better idea as to where you are coming from. I won't cut an snip your comments to further my argurements. So please don't do this to mine, you didn't address the UPS airline pilots quitting the teamsters and putting a "Mickey Mouse" organization together? I would like to hear from a UPS pilot to see if they sing the M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E anthem at their union office? I would for the contract they got AFTER breaking from the IBT.
If you have trouble with your memory feel free to print a post and then work off it so you can refresh your thoughts. Also if you care to there is a tool to collect all posts by the name of the contributor.

Teamster251

PSST Drvr Local 251 PRORI
Buckethead,
I'd like to expand upon you comments, but I am having difficulties seeing your position/s. It could be me? I did get that we supporters of the APWA goals are "Sheep". Also got the APWA message regarding the IBT wanting the OVNT/MC pension monies. I see a sentence suggesting a company can freeze its participation with regards to contributing to a pension. Are you suggesting UPSF will not contribute to our pension for our actions? JMO? You might want to rethink this? Are you a MC/UPSF employee buckethead? Not that it matters a whole lot. It just helps everyone get a better idea as to where you are coming from. I won't cut an snip your comments to further my argurements. So please don't do this to mine, you didn't address the UPS airline pilots quitting the teamsters and putting a "Mickey Mouse" organization together? I would like to hear from a UPS pilot to see if they sing the M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E anthem at their union office? I would for the contract they got AFTER breaking from the IBT.
If you have trouble with your memory feel free to print a post and then work off it so you can refresh your thoughts. Also if you care to there is a tool to collect all posts by the name of the contributor.

Here this should help you out

History of the IPA

Buckethead

Ironshot:
I see a sentence suggesting a company can freeze its participation with regards to contributing to a pension. Are you suggesting UPSF will not contribute to our pension for our actions?

No I need not re-think a thing. You misunderstood what I was saying. If we stay non-union as the poster in which I was quoting was saying, we could get our pension froze due to the company being un-checked. I've been through this before and have seen this happen. Point being, Anything but non-union or Unrepresented.

Ironshot:
Are you a MC/UPSF employee buckethead?

Yes I am, I came from the Motor Cargo side.

Ironshot:
So please don't do this to mine, you didn't address the UPS airline pilots quitting the teamsters and putting a "Mickey Mouse" organization together?

Because it would be like comparing Apples to Oranges. We are a LTL Freight company, In which a Union that represents this field already exisits.

Ironshot:
I won't cut an snip your comments to further my argurements. So please don't do this to mine,

I could care less if you did or did not. I won't put restrictions on you so don't ask the same of me.

Ironshot:
I would for the contract they got AFTER breaking from the IBT

I'm not for breaking anybody, Basically, I just want some work rules that the company has to follow and not change them as they see fit. We on the MC side have already lost quite a bit since the intergration of the two companies and they haven't stopped yet. I want to keep what I have and get back what we had before Feb 2006, and if we get better pay and benefits than that will be a plus. I am not greedy, and the pension is not the only thing that I'm thinking about when I signed the card.

Ironshot:

And your point being? If you got something negitave to say or want to attack then be a man and come out and say it. I'm new to this whole computer thing (only having had one for a little bit over a year) Just because I don't know my way around the "tools" for these threads does not mean that I am uneducated. I think I'm getting my point across, If you can't understand what I'm saying because of my posting style, then you might want to ask a friend for help.

Ironshot

Ironshot:

No I need not re-think a thing. You misunderstood what I was saying. If we stay non-union as the poster in which I was quoting was saying, we could get our pension froze due to the company being un-checked. I've been through this before and have seen this happen. Point being, Anything but non-union or Unrepresented.

Ironshot:

Yes I am, I came from the Motor Cargo side.

Ironshot:

Because it would be like comparing Apples to Oranges. We are a LTL Freight company, In which a Union that represents this field already exisits.

Ironshot:

I could care less if you did or did not. I won't put restrictions on you so don't ask the same of me.

Ironshot:

I'm not for breaking anybody, Basically, I just want some work rules that the company has to follow and not change them as they see fit. We on the MC side have already lost quite a bit since the intergration of the two companies and they haven't stopped yet. I want to keep what I have and get back what we had before Feb 2006, and if we get better pay and benefits than that will be a plus. I am not greedy, and the pension is not the only thing that I'm thinking about when I signed the card.

Ironshot:

And your point being? If you got something negitave to say or want to attack then be a man and come out and say it. I'm new to this whole computer thing (only having had one for a little bit over a year) Just because I don't know my way around the "tools" for these threads does not mean that I am uneducated. I think I'm getting my point across, If you can't understand what I'm saying because of my posting style, then you might want to ask a friend for help.

Buckethead,

Wow! It was your "You might need to rethink this?" line. With the "JMO"
And furthering your arguement thru taking portions of statements out of context makes it a little more difficult for "others" to understand the points being made by all parties. This is why I asked you to not cut and snip from my comments. It isn't a "restriction" just a courtesy to all doing the reading. As for the apples to oranges comparision, I'd say it is one of the same..Freight by road or Freight by Air. Still logistics. I could offer a extended explanation, but I hope you can see the relationship.
If you are worried about your pension being "Frozen" when one has no representation, why would you consider the alternative of putting your
pension into the WS Fund? Either way you will get less then expected.
Have you even been to a APWA meeting to ask questions about the Pension plan being offered? Maybe, to the APWA website? I expect not. So you squawk, that it's a Mickey Mouse organization. You are not very honest to yourself and others you hope to attract to your view point. It would be convincing if you could take the APWA apart with truth, facts and documentary evidence. Yet you can't. Just critize and pour on negativity hoping most follow your view? It sounds like we should all be using the Queens English in your pessimistic view. Translation: No American Revolution would have happened in your perfect world. After all it was the English Army we had to fight off.

"I am not greedy, the pension isn't the only thing I'm thinking about when I signed the card" ? Are suggesting the WS medical is something to crow about? Our pay currenting is good, a better COLA would be nice. I hope you don't think that's to much to ask? Also, judging by the MC equip. littering our Overnite yards I'd say your situation has improved. Now, if you want to think and respond to the issues like a mule go ahead. Don't expect much of a following.
I asked you to help explain your "Posting Style". It's called going to the source. As for your education level? I don't care what it is, just offered some tips on helping you explain your point of view in a articulate manner. Also don't be so defensive, it could be worse, you could have a "Teamster far Jon Carry" bumper sticker on your vehicle.
By the way if I wanted to really insult you, I would have. My time is worth more then that to me.
I will reply to your posts when they are thoughtful, reasonably self explanatory and somewhat factual.

Buckethead

Buckethead,

Wow! It was your "You might need to rethink this?" line. With the "JMO"
And furthering your arguement thru taking portions of statements out of context makes it a little more difficult for "others" to understand the points being made by all parties. This is why I asked you to not cut and snip from my comments. It isn't a "restriction" just a courtesy to all doing the reading. As for the apples to oranges comparision, I'd say it is one of the same..Freight by road or Freight by Air. Still logistics. I could offer a extended explanation, but I hope you can see the relationship.
If you are worried about your pension being "Frozen" when one has no representation, why would you consider the alternative of putting your
pension into the WS Fund? Either way you will get less then expected.
Have you even been to a APWA meeting to ask questions about the Pension plan being offered? Maybe, to the APWA website? I expect not. So you squawk, that it's a Mickey Mouse organization. You are not very honest to yourself and others you hope to attract to your view point. It would be convincing if you could take the APWA apart with truth, facts and documentary evidence. Yet you can't. Just critize and pour on negativity hoping most follow your view? It sounds like we should all be using the Queens English in your pessimistic view. Translation: No American Revolution would have happened in your perfect world. After all it was the English Army we had to fight off.

"I am not greedy, the pension isn't the only thing I'm thinking about when I signed the card" ? Are suggesting the WS medical is something to crow about? Our pay currenting is good, a better COLA would be nice. I hope you don't think that's to much to ask? Also, judging by the MC equip. littering our Overnite yards I'd say your situation has improved. Now, if you want to think and respond to the issues like a mule go ahead. Don't expect much of a following.
I asked you to help explain your "Posting Style". It's called going to the source. As for your education level? I don't care what it is, just offered some tips on helping you explain your point of view in a articulate manner. Also don't be so defensive, it could be worse, you could have a "Teamster far Jon Carry" bumper sticker on your vehicle.
By the way if I wanted to really insult you, I would have. My time is worth more then that to me.
I will reply to your posts when they are thoughtful, reasonably self explanatory and somewhat factual.

"Difficult for others?" Speak for yourself, don't bring any one else into it. Your the one that has the problem with it.

The Apples to Oranges statement I made is that we are in two intirely different job classifications. One being Pilots, and the other being Drivers in my case. The logistics explaination is a long stretch.

Getting a pension is a plus, and at what rate or percentage is also. Like I said, I'm in it for work rules and getting back at least what I had. Is Western States that bad off? I heard it was close to fully funded. (I don't know for sure)

As for the apwa, I've been to the website and read enough to know that its all about some one coming up short (about 3mos) of a revised pension payout in 2004. And I don't want to buy a T-shirt, give a donation, or pay $150 - $250 just to join an organization that has no membership or has no pension or medical as of yet. It sounds good on paper but you have to have members first before you can truly figure out what you will get.

That whole Revolutionary War analogy was poor, If that is what it was suppose to be. "WE" had to fight off? How old are you?

"MC equipment lettering the ovnt yards" Is this how you judge how a persons situation improves? What matters is what I take home with me at the end of the day. Let me explain it to you.

We were paid for all time at full hourly rate. Wait time:
* All wait time, no time given up to the company
* Layovers after 14 at full hourly rate + meal pay
* Any 2nd layover all hours in hotel on second stay and after
untill back at Domicile paid at full hourly rate.
* Winter delay, paid full hourly rate from first hour on
What we were paid for work time:
* Fuel was .25 hour
*Hook to a trlr .25 hour
*Hook a set .50 hour
*Hook Triples .75 hour

Hourly rate $19.10 hour Mileage rate .48cpm (this is what it was before intergration)

Even though the cpm is different and the hourly is also, we still aren't getting as much as we were before. Everything in the wait time column has been eliminated, and the work time has been cut in half. Now, before you say the pay is more on your side, do some calculations of what you would be making with the MC pay plan as opposed to what your paid now. Also at the time of intergration they took all layover runs but two (we had well over 40) and put shuttle runs and team runs in thier place. Also forced 22 drivers from their terminals to work out of the Fontana terminal 7 of which are from LAX. It's a heck of a drive in rush hour traffic.

So what was it you were saying about equipment?

"I asked you to help explain your posting style" That's funny, I never thought you asked me this, you just complained and asked me not to. Notice I walked a different path this time, Maybe this time you wont complain.

I said nothing about education level, re-read what I said. A clearer picture of you is developing, somewhere along the lines of you only see what you allow yourself to. Whether I post in an "articulate manner" or not is irrelevant, anybody that can understand english or "the Queens English" can understand what I'm writing. How come your having so much trouble with it?

"My time is worth more than that to me" That's why you responded to everything I posted. Insult away, It will just show your ignorance. It wont hurt me a bit.

You won't respond to my posts because I'll answer every question and statement that needs a response. But keep thinking it's because Nothing I post is factual, thoughtful, (whatever that's suppose to mean) or reasonably self explanatory. If you do or don't reply makes no difference to me.

Ironshot

"Difficult for others?" Speak for yourself, don't bring any one else into it. Your the one that has the problem with it.

The Apples to Oranges statement I made is that we are in two intirely different job classifications. One being Pilots, and the other being Drivers in my case. The logistics explaination is a long stretch.

Getting a pension is a plus, and at what rate or percentage is also. Like I said, I'm in it for work rules and getting back at least what I had. Is Western States that bad off? I heard it was close to fully funded. (I don't know for sure)

As for the apwa, I've been to the website and read enough to know that its all about some one coming up short (about 3mos) of a revised pension payout in 2004. And I don't want to buy a T-shirt, give a donation, or pay $150 - $250 just to join an organization that has no membership or has no pension or medical as of yet. It sounds good on paper but you have to have members first before you can truly figure out what you will get.

That whole Revolutionary War analogy was poor, If that is what it was suppose to be. "WE" had to fight off? How old are you?

"MC equipment lettering the ovnt yards" Is this how you judge how a persons situation improves? What matters is what I take home with me at the end of the day. Let me explain it to you.

We were paid for all time at full hourly rate. Wait time:
* All wait time, no time given up to the company
* Layovers after 14 at full hourly rate + meal pay
* Any 2nd layover all hours in hotel on second stay and after
untill back at Domicile paid at full hourly rate.
* Winter delay, paid full hourly rate from first hour on
What we were paid for work time:
* Fuel was .25 hour
*Hook to a trlr .25 hour
*Hook a set .50 hour
*Hook Triples .75 hour

Hourly rate $19.10 hour Mileage rate .48cpm (this is what it was before intergration)

Even though the cpm is different and the hourly is also, we still aren't getting as much as we were before. Everything in the wait time column has been eliminated, and the work time has been cut in half. Now, before you say the pay is more on your side, do some calculations of what you would be making with the MC pay plan as opposed to what your paid now. Also at the time of intergration they took all layover runs but two (we had well over 40) and put shuttle runs and team runs in thier place. Also forced 22 drivers from their terminals to work out of the Fontana terminal 7 of which are from LAX. It's a heck of a drive in rush hour traffic.

So what was it you were saying about equipment?

"I asked you to help explain your posting style" That's funny, I never thought you asked me this, you just complained and asked me not to. Notice I walked a different path this time, Maybe this time you wont complain.

I said nothing about education level, re-read what I said. A clearer picture of you is developing, somewhere along the lines of you only see what you allow yourself to. Whether I post in an "articulate manner" or not is irrelevant, anybody that can understand english or "the Queens English" can understand what I'm writing. How come your having so much trouble with it?

"My time is worth more than that to me" That's why you responded to everything I posted. Insult away, It will just show your ignorance. It wont hurt me a bit.

You won't respond to my posts because I'll answer every question and statement that needs a response. But keep thinking it's because Nothing I post is factual, thoughtful, (whatever that's suppose to mean) or reasonably self explanatory. If you do or don't reply makes no difference to me.
Buckethead,
No, I don't see it as two different things, it is what it is Logistics. We as
the labor for the logistics have control over the movement of freight "if" we exercise our organizational rights. The Teamsters don't have the sole right or know how in that arena. So giving up, or otherwise being a nay sayer to the possibility that the APWA could do the job is foolish.
The relation to the situation faced by our founders, is similair. They had a standing government. They did not have a voice in the goverment. As it is within the IBT. Oh, you get lip service, get to cast a vote from time to time for a leader. But you can't effect real change. Just look at the TDU they have a reformist position and have been at it "from the inside" for sometime now and not making any head way. The situation ahead is difficult, so instead you gave up and sided with a organization that is living on borrowed time. Again as it was borrowed time for the British. Again the analogy was what it was. I am sorry if I went back to far for you.
As for getting a pension? I agree with you, it is a plus. Also as you said the level of funding for this WS fund is uncertain. Some say it is 100% others say it is not! WHY is it so difficult to learn about ones level of funding? Recently the WS cut benefit pay outs. Again why? The CS area is in bad shape, NE area is in rough shape. Out here UPS people are getting the retirements rescheduled. No more 30 and out, no more 55 yrs of age and out, it is now 62 before you can retire. It could be pushed back to 65 or 67? I'd say it would bother you as it has bothered many at all IBT
locations.
The pay schedule you once enjoyed wasn't bad. You guys living on the coast need a cost of living benefit. To help cover the high cost of living there. So yes to your idea that representation is needed to hammer out these issues.
What was I saying about MC equip? It is mainly the dollies, the trailers are fine other then the right side configuration on some. The dollies stink. To many varieties many not balanced for easy lifting etc.
Thanks. You have done a better job at articulating your position. As to asking you for help with your posts? Why not?
As for the time used wisely? That'll be of my choosing since it's mine to give. So yes currently my time is still spent wisely thanks.
As to the education level? You mentioned education level? You brought it into the topic, when commenting on your skills as they relate to your talents on the computer. As I said; your education level or skills set is of no interest. On any issue period.
Now for your view of this very important issue again, I believe you are not giving the APWA a fair shake.
As to the $150/225 fee? You don't need to pay it to join. As it has been covered in many post here at the cafe. Is a fee to your initiation into the APWA. Paying $150 up front helps provide funds to the effort. This can be collected once a facility is recognized as APWA also. The IBT has a similiar initiation program fee. Just yours will be more. Ask your IBT person. It'll come from your paycheck thru weekly deductions.
As to buying a shirt? It's a fund raiser item. An item one can use to show support. What is new about this practice? As is the "make a Donation" to the APWA? It is a direct way to support the effort. With no costs for a hat or shirt. Just more to the bottom line.
As to the medical or pension comments of yours. The pension is set, the frame work is in place, it'll be managed by UBS and New York Life, All members accounts can be accessed by the owner of that account (you) 24/7/365. Ask the IBT if you can see your funding of your account? Oh, wait you get a statement once a year and a "we promise you could get this amount "If" we don't change our mind" comment. Now that is a great program. Keep you in the dark and feed up crap. As to the medical plan, it comes from the employer, yes UPS pays for the medical by providing funds to the recognized bargaining agent of said employees. So as APWA gets recognized so come the funds for medical. The reason you'll get better medical with the APWA is simple. The APWA doesn't have retirees from companies that are belly up. Since these IBT retiree's get medical from the early retirements of years past and their medicare hasn't kicked in for them yet. So the IBT pays for this with some of your medical benefit dollars. While you get shafted with low quality benefits while working for a leading provider of worldwide logistics. That boasts 36 billion in rev. in every employment add. The companies that once employed these people no longer can provide funds.
What part of UPS for UPSers only don't you understand? If you are still unclear of the benefits and there relation to you then attend a APWA meeting and ask the President yourself.
Buckethead, you said; you signed a card for the IBT right? Where at?
See we at Overnite facilities already kicked them out once before and they don't have much support here maybe 12-15% on average at best.
As to your question as to my age? I'm in my forties and have a target retirement date of 2025. I am vested into the current UPSF non union pension.
I've been promised 1700 from the SSA. Do you think I'll see it? lol.
Well; it's been fun hope to hear back from you soon.

Buckethead

Buckethead,
No, I don't see it as two different things, it is what it is Logistics. We as
the labor for the logistics have control over the movement of freight "if" we exercise our organizational rights. The Teamsters don't have the sole right or know how in that arena. So giving up, or otherwise being a nay sayer to the possibility that the APWA could do the job is foolish.
The relation to the situation faced by our founders, is similair. They had a standing government. They did not have a voice in the goverment. As it is within the IBT. Oh, you get lip service, get to cast a vote from time to time for a leader. But you can't effect real change. Just look at the TDU they have a reformist position and have been at it "from the inside" for sometime now and not making any head way. The situation ahead is difficult, so instead you gave up and sided with a organization that is living on borrowed time. Again as it was borrowed time for the British. Again the analogy was what it was. I am sorry if I went back to far for you.
As for getting a pension? I agree with you, it is a plus. Also as you said the level of funding for this WS fund is uncertain. Some say it is 100% others say it is not! WHY is it so difficult to learn about ones level of funding? Recently the WS cut benefit pay outs. Again why? The CS area is in bad shape, NE area is in rough shape. Out here UPS people are getting the retirements rescheduled. No more 30 and out, no more 55 yrs of age and out, it is now 62 before you can retire. It could be pushed back to 65 or 67? I'd say it would bother you as it has bothered many at all IBT
locations.
The pay schedule you once enjoyed wasn't bad. You guys living on the coast need a cost of living benefit. To help cover the high cost of living there. So yes to your idea that representation is needed to hammer out these issues.
What was I saying about MC equip? It is mainly the dollies, the trailers are fine other then the right side configuration on some. The dollies stink. To many varieties many not balanced for easy lifting etc.
Thanks. You have done a better job at articulating your position. As to asking you for help with your posts? Why not?
As for the time used wisely? That'll be of my choosing since it's mine to give. So yes currently my time is still spent wisely thanks.
As to the education level? You mentioned education level? You brought it into the topic, when commenting on your skills as they relate to your talents on the computer. As I said; your education level or skills set is of no interest. On any issue period.
Now for your view of this very important issue again, I believe you are not giving the APWA a fair shake.
As to the $150/225 fee? You don't need to pay it to join. As it has been covered in many post here at the cafe. Is a fee to your initiation into the APWA. Paying $150 up front helps provide funds to the effort. This can be collected once a facility is recognized as APWA also. The IBT has a similiar initiation program fee. Just yours will be more. Ask your IBT person. It'll come from your paycheck thru weekly deductions.
As to buying a shirt? It's a fund raiser item. An item one can use to show support. What is new about this practice? As is the "make a Donation" to the APWA? It is a direct way to support the effort. With no costs for a hat or shirt. Just more to the bottom line.
As to the medical or pension comments of yours. The pension is set, the frame work is in place, it'll be managed by UBS and New York Life, All members accounts can be accessed by the owner of that account (you) 24/7/365. Ask the IBT if you can see your funding of your account? Oh, wait you get a statement once a year and a "we promise you could get this amount "If" we don't change our mind" comment. Now that is a great program. Keep you in the dark and feed up crap. As to the medical plan, it comes from the employer, yes UPS pays for the medical by providing funds to the recognized bargaining agent of said employees. So as APWA gets recognized so come the funds for medical. The reason you'll get better medical with the APWA is simple. The APWA doesn't have retirees from companies that are belly up. Since these IBT retiree's get medical from the early retirements of years past and their medicare hasn't kicked in for them yet. So the IBT pays for this with some of your medical benefit dollars. While you get shafted with low quality benefits while working for a leading provider of worldwide logistics. That boasts 36 billion in rev. in every employment add. The companies that once employed these people no longer can provide funds.
What part of UPS for UPSers only don't you understand? If you are still unclear of the benefits and there relation to you then attend a APWA meeting and ask the President yourself.
Buckethead, you said; you signed a card for the IBT right? Where at?
See we at Overnite facilities already kicked them out once before and they don't have much support here maybe 12-15% on average at best.
As to your question as to my age? I'm in my forties and have a target retirement date of 2025. I am vested into the current UPSF non union pension.
I've been promised 1700 from the SSA. Do you think I'll see it? lol.
Well; it's been fun hope to hear back from you soon.

Lots of stuff I want to address, but we are in a snow storm near OKC, need to help navigate. Talk at ya later.

Buckethead

First off, thanks for calling me foolish. If this is what you consider foolish than I guess I'm proud to be.

Thanks for the be careful.

I don't know much about the TDU so I can't comment. As far as the voice and lip service you won't get the same from the apwa? How do you know what's goin to happen in the future with this organization? It has not even started and the pro apwa's think It's going to be a walk in the park. Even if you guy's vote them in , you still have to have a contract negotiated. The truth is you don't know what's really going to happen or how good or how easy it is going to be with the apwa as opposed to the teamsters. This way of thinking would be, uh.. well you know what I mean, what you called me.

The analogy was what it was, a stretch. I think we've beat that horse to death already so I'll move on. As for the going back too far you didn't.

Pension, who are the "some"? or the "others"? Ask nospin about the Western states fund. Others, some, they, and all that are just rumors. Get information yourself, don't rely on what others or some tell you. (if its an important enough issue for you.) Ask T251 about the Northeast and I'm sure he's got a different story than yours"NE area is in rough shape"

Again, the 30 out and all that is UPS Parcel. We are not Parcel! We are Overnite that has been bought by UPS and going by the same rules and pay as Overnite. The only thing that is different is the Uniforms and the sticker on the trucks. How do you know that we will have the same pension restrictions as Parcel? If it is just talk you've heard than that's all it is. If you have hard evidence than give me the link, I would like to see it.

Yes it wasn't bad at all, it was $150 to $200 more per week for me. that's with 2 or more hours of delay per night. Some were getting more. It was a hard hit to take, and the fact that MC management and CLC gave in a little more and were easy to work with. Now I get an attitude whenever I call CLC. I'm hoping UPS and/or the teamsters help out with these problems. I'm patient, I've waited almost a year with less pay and other problems. We'll see what happens.

You said" Also, judging by the MC equip. littering our Overnite yards I'd say your situation has improved." I meant that the equipment has never been an issue with MC really. I've never really had a problem with the MC gears, other than normal age problems. As a matter of fact the silver eagles that MC has been buying for years are what ups is buying us now. You know, the gears that everyone is fighting over in the yards. I saw two turn drivers yelling at each other on the dock the other night, (a terminal back east that's all I will say about the location) over the new trailers and gears. The one driver thought he should get the new stuff just because he had a newly branded truck and the other driver did not. Kinda silly. (I know it's off topic) As for the variety, ovnt has a smorgasboard.

As far as the posting, I think it's silly but I'll do it for you.

The initiation for the IBT might be waived for current employees, could not get a definite from the local, there still checking or are waiting for the Indy contract. The shirt thing was a joke.

I wouldn't say the pension is set if I were you. You don't truly know what the funding is or how much it will be when you retire. Remember there are no members as of yet.

UPS for UPSers? your right, I don't understand.

I signed in the San Gabriel Valley of Ca Near the LAX term. You're underestimating the west, There are alot of dissapointed MC employees out here. We got the little end of the stick going down to the ovnt way of paying.

The Age thing was a joke, I don't care how old you are.