APWA Update: Indianapolis, Ind. Center

Ironshot

Quit the Teamsters? You mean quit my union which has supported me for YEARS? Without the IBT/Teamsters my co-workers and I wouldn't have good insurance or good pay or good anything.

As for the "thug union" crap - good grief. How many Hollywood flicks have you been watchin? This isn't Hollywood - its real life and my B.A. and principal officers have been strong, law-abiding people for years.
nyteam06,
Thug crap? Teamsters helping you? More KOOL AID here Please!
Watch news, read papers see the real footage from the last overnite attempt.
On and on... You sir are in need of a reality check, It's not a democratic
organization so how does it help you? It's feeding off of you. The IBT, came to my company and called a strike.... Then said, we'll Unionize Overnite or put it out of business! Is this helping me to do better? Or helping my family? The IBT came at my life like a thief with a knife, telling me your money or your life! We got the knife away from the IBT. NOW I and the APWA will put it into the belly of the sick beast.. nyteam06 you need to take a long vacation and do some detox.
Then wake up and ask yourself this? Can I do better today? If the answer is why should I? then go back to bed. If it is Yes! Then sign a APWA card that day.

Ironshot

WHEN is the next/WHERE is the next Association of Parcel Workers meeting???? Does anybody know?
Ya,

Sat. the NOV. 18th Louisville, Ky. the 19th. at Lexington, Ky. across from the 651 sleaze den. Oh! if you want one sooner this Sunday at UPSF Harrisburg,
Remember the Spin stops here!
The APWA is here for you IF you want it. What a radical concept. "For you"
WOW.

local776

you all need to go to them so you can hear the difference from one meet to the other. now folks your membership will be 250.00 not the 150.00 oops forgot thats if you give now and not later.

nospinzone

you all need to go to them so you can hear the difference from one meet to the other. now folks your membership will be 250.00 not the 150.00 oops forgot thats if you give now and not later.
Local, you're simply mistaken. As I stated in the other thread, the initiation fee is $150 prior to certification and $225 afterwards. I verfied this today over the phone. $150 is what is listed on the website. And if you dont believe me, then go up to someone in your barn who joined recently and ask them how much they wrote their check out for.

NYteam06

read papers see the real footage from the last overnite attempt.

Oh Lord - that Overnite attempt was a few years ago - I am sure our Union has improved its methods since then. Come on, have some faith!

NYteam06

When the Teamsters called the strike against OVERNITE many people here at the K.C. facility honered it. What those people didn't expect to hear from their union friends,who didn't work for Overnite, was their plans of what they were gonna do to their friends that they had been working with for years. Most who honored the strike crossed within days because of what they were asked to do to their co-workers who chose to work instead of going on strike.

I value your thoughts on this - but still believe the new IBT administration - Hoffa - is a huge improvement over corrupt-Carey. It was the Carey team which took on Overnite. The team now at the IBT has their heads on straight.

Equalizer

NYteam06 states,

It was the Carey team which took on Overnite.

Carey was the one who organized Overnite, but Hoffa was the one who called the strike and came up with the slogan " Contract NOW or we will put you out of business". Same leader, same way of thinking, NO THANKS!

Equalizer

any122

adirondack man
From your post I can understand why you have such a hard time understanding them.Maybe we can get them to throw in a subscription to hooked on phonics for you.:lol: :lol:

Ironshot

I value your thoughts on this - but still believe the new IBT administration - Hoffa - is a huge improvement over corrupt-Carey. It was the Carey team which took on Overnite. The team now at the IBT has their heads on straight.
Hoffa better then Carey? So Carey was better then the guy before? When is the ETA for a clean professional financially sound IBT?

local776

Local, you're simply mistaken. As I stated in the other thread, the initiation fee is $150 prior to certification and $225 afterwards. I verfied this today over the phone. $150 is what is listed on the website. And if you dont believe me, then go up to someone in your barn who joined recently and ask them how much they wrote their check out for.
i believe you said in the "for the apwa forum" it was 250 correct youself

local776

From your post I can understand why you have such a hard time understanding them.Maybe we can get them to throw in a subscription to hooked on phonics for you.:lol: :lol:
not for me thanks anyway. Maybe you need to get your head out of ---- this is the real world not make believe

read papers see the real footage from the last overnite attempt.

Oh Lord - that Overnite attempt was a few years ago - I am sure our Union has improved its methods since then. Come on, have some faith!

Wake up and smell the Coffee, not only are you blind, but you have your head where there is no Daylight, pull it out and look around.

why would i want to join a union(APWA) or non-profit org. that is so small and cant give me simple answers.THATS ALL I WANT!!!! i go to ibt meetings and they give me answers is this because they are established. if you guys think i am joining apwa and giving them 150 or 250dollars you are crazy.............

any122

adirondack man
why would i want to join a union(APWA) or non-profit org. that is so small and cant give me simple answers.THATS ALL I WANT!!!! i go to ibt meetings and they give me answers is this because they are established. if you guys think i am joining apwa and giving them 150 or 250dollars you are crazy.............
For starters why would you be interested in the teamsters?The corrupt under funded pensions,they use thier members dues for personal use,they lie to thier members.they the (IBT)have forgotten thier purpose and they have forgotten the people they are suppose to represent.Also rember what Mr. HOFFA said.We will organize Overnite or put them out of business.If this is the type of representation you want have at it.You will be giving the teamesters alot more money than what the APWA needs.And in return you will get alot less from the teamsters.The teamster have gone from an organization to just another corporation that is very greedy.Last of all if the rest of the employees that have been here for ten or more years are like me you will never see the teamsters at UPSfreight.Not even an option.Sorry we stick together and if we join a union it will be the APWA.:thumbup1:

30andout

I have gone to union meetings and ask simple questions and the answer I received was"Thats just the way it is."

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Overnite fought the Teamsters at every turn. UPS claims they will negotiate in good faith if the UPS Freight employees choose union representation. My feeling is that Hoffa will sacrifice something in the 2008 UPS contract in order to get the 14,000 freight employees into the union. I don't mind a little sacrifice to bring in new members. Only problem is that it's just more members from UPS. More milking the same cow.