Are full time drivers paid lunch?

Theking30

SHORTY
Central we get 1 10 min paid break.
Although Kentucky law states
Quote. Am I entitled to a rest period, and do I get paid for this time?
You are entitled to a rest period of at least ten (10) minutes during each four hours you work. The rest period is a paid break.

Should UPS be going by Ky state law?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
In the Central, we get 1 10 min paid break and a 30 minute unpaid lunch.

Any center that has had 2 10 min paid breaks was grandfathered and still gets the 2 10 minute paid breaks.

I get 2 10 min paid breaks and a 30 minute unpaid lunch.

By The Book

We get two 15 minute breaks, an hour lunch, extra 10 min break after 10 hours, and another 30 minute break if over 12 hours.
I believe the over 12 hour is a 30 minute unpaid meal period. It can't be waived, and has to be taken before a certain time as well(before the 12th hour).
Extra 30 min lunch (not break) if over 12, unpaid of course, which can be waived. The two 15's and 10 are paid.
i don't think it can be waived.

By The Book

You are entitled to a rest period of at least ten (10) minutes during each four hours you work. The rest period is a paid break.

I would say yes, and yes. The contract has a provision that says it will be in compliance with state laws. I would verify this and then take the 2nd paid break.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I believe the over 12 hour is a 30 minute unpaid meal period. It can't be waived, and has to be taken before a certain time as well(before the 12th hour).

i don't think it can be waived.

I'm pretty sure that if you have a signed waiver on file the second meal becomes optional, but I could be wrong. I have never taken a second meal free working over 12 hours and never got any flak for it

Dr.Brownz

yeah the law is above whatever the contract says

Theking30

SHORTY

Contract take precedence over state law on this issue.

Theking30

SHORTY
With this issue my local disagrees. Said since we are allowed 1 Ten minute paid break and 50 min unpaid lunch. Some how it works out. I was told they have tried to fight it in the past and lost.

Should I call state labor dept directly and bypass the union?

I agree with you state law should trump contract, but I am just a dumb truck driver what I know.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
With this issue my local disagrees. Said since we are allowed 1 Ten minute paid break and 50 min unpaid lunch. Some how it works out. I was told they have tried to fight it in the past and lost.

Should I call state labor dept directly and bypass the union?

I agree with you state law should trump contract, but I am just a dumb truck driver what I know.

I have not read the law you are talking about, but apparently your local is saying that the 10 min break and 50 min meal satisfies the law.

If it did not satisfy the law, they would have won.

Does the law say a "paid" break every 4 hours or just entitled to a break every 4 hours?