Are other Union Members this disgruntled?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
burn baby.gif

Doubleparkedrunner

The FaceBook page ?

OMG.

That's the nexus, of the uninformed.

Look at me.... I've got a smart phone.

And their phone, is smarter than them. :biggrin:

Ha !

-Bug-

So tired of you saying you're not advocating one way or another on this contract. Every little passive aggressive , subtle jab you have made is always in response to the vote no crowd.

The only difference between you and TonyQ is he's a petulant little child who took his ball and went home while you are a more coy and seasoned veteran who is able to " hide" his true feelings about the contract until .....
wait for it.....
"you get to see the whole contract. "

WHat more would anyone need to see to make an informed opinion?

Undertow

What else do you need to see in the Master? Is there something else?
After reading the proposed 22.4 language guaranteeing absolutely no 9.5 protections and the possibility of being forced to go 70 hours per week, there is no "...rest of the contract" that I somehow need to consider to immediately vote NO. That one article is so overwhelmingly unacceptable especially in the present condition of daily operations that there's no point in going any further. The sooner enough hourlies band together as one and make that point absolutely clear to Hoffa, Taylor, and the company, the sooner they can actually begin negotiating on something that actually is acceptable to the rank and file. It's bad enough they are wasting their time trying to spit shine such a turd of a deal. It's worse that we are essentially paying them to waste that time.

So tired of you saying you're not advocating one way or another on this contract. Every little passive aggressive , subtle jab you have made is always in response to the vote no crowd.

The only difference between you and TonyQ is he's a petulant little child who took his ball and went home while you are a more coy and seasoned veteran who is able to " hide" his true feelings about the contract until .....
wait for it.....
"you get to see the whole contract. "

WHat more would anyone need to see to make an informed opinion?
Some of the supplements might have a few goodies. Be nice to BUG. he isn't teyotr to shove anything

Doubleparkedrunner

Some of the supplements might have a few goodies. Be nice to BUG. he isn't teyotr to shove anything

serious question though...is it okay ; should we feel "safe" if our supplement turns out to be good but the master is terrible.

Shouldn't the master be a good contract?

If the master sucks and the supplements are good, isn't it just a matter of time before the supplements go down hill today?

Undertow

serious question though...is it okay ; should we feel "safe" if our supplement turns out to be good but the master is terrible.

Shouldn't the master be a good contract?

If the master sucks and the supplements are good, isn't it just a matter of time before the supplements go down hill today?
It's all speculative without any deal at present, but I think there's pros and cons either way. The devil is often in the details and to me, the details usually present themselves in these erroneously worded clauses and articles in both the Master and Supplements. That's where the opening for the most egregeos and repeated abuses is made and it shouldn't take several consecutive contracts to for Teamster negotiators and the members that pay their salary to identify and isolate that repeated pattern. And yet here we are again being told to not pay attention to articles with loopholes that were clearly written with the intent to exploit.

A strong local rider can insulate hourlies from a bad Master and Supplements only to an extent, but it won't blunt the domino effect when a significant portion of operations in other areas of the country are in the midst of turmoil. How many of us have had countless days impacted negatively with several straight days, if not weeks straight, from late NDA with all the acrimony and strife from the Louisville mess? I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't reach nearly everyone. I think a bad deal anywhere impacts all of us everywhere to some degree.

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
I think the Facebook page is brilliant. UPS and IBT give little updates to their employees and members, and to the media.

Having a mob of disgruntled UPSers storming social media with torches and pitch forks shows the public how unfair and laughable the proposal is.

If they delay the voting of the contract, having us work under an expired - I mean tentative agreement - that should give the media something to munch on.. That is, if they would have opened up the voting; it would have got shot down in flames.

#VoteNo

giphy.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The "Master" clearly spells out all the monetary contributions that the Company has to pay. The GWI is locked in place, no supplemental language will improve that. The Pension and Health and Welfare benefits could improve under the supplements and riders, depending on how well the Benefit Plans are doing at this time. It is basically "Feast or Famine" for every individual member.

BrownRecycler

Not enough contract writing for loader or those who working as non-driver - as much I understand for the lack of writing in support for UPS driver, the reality is that contract have to be written for everyone not just for UPS driver to get the "everyone" involves in voting this contract down. $15 an hour? Seriously. There are people with disability as some cannot make too much income. At the same time, $15 is everyone as well as the $13 which is also a bit much for people who aren't able to work in full time.

And, there are things that goes on like worn package that should be can and sent back to sender for their disregard of human's safety because they think an old cardboard box is "eco friendly". There are so much writing to be written for new contract that isn't just about the UPS driver.

Please make it about "everyone" is what I am saying, the loader, recycler, sorter, feeder, driver, people who on Social Security, people who trying to get medical benefit, those who trying to find peace with their boss - supervisor and manager without getting loophole of possible "dishonesty", senior worker, etc.

rudy5150

Gonna be honest, a lot of the work force is uninformed. Talked to a low seniority driver about the contract today, he was only worried about when we’d receive a retro check.
Are we even going to receive a retro check since our current contract has been extended?