Are other Union Members this disgruntled?

Tony Q

That isn't in anybody's best interest. Why would you want that?
Because the members want a strike. They just don't know it yet. They want more, we will go back to the table and see what UPS has to say. I already know where this is going, so I'm getting you ready. Everyone wants to act like a tough guy on the keyboard, well lets see on the picket lines. I know of a lot of locals where their members will not honor these picket lines, but I feel you all need to see how it all shakes out. If it busts UPS as being Union or Teamsters so be it. You want this.

Box Ox

Everyone wants to act like a tough guy on the keyboard, well lets see on the picket lines. I know of a lot of locals where their members will not honor these picket lines, but I feel you all need to see how it all shakes out.

Might a strong/actual show of leadership from national Teamster representatives embolden hesitant locals to do the right thing for their members? Local level officials probably don’t want to stick their necks out when folks at the national level let the bottom drop out and suggest they’d better fall in line.

Tony Q

Might a strong/actual show of leadership from national Teamster representatives embolden hesitant locals to do the right thing for their members? Local level officials probably don’t want to stick their necks out when folks at the national level let the bottom drop out and suggest they’d better fall in line.
I just want to see you on the picket line. Then I want to see the outcome and how you act after its all over. You are unhappy working here, so I want to get this thing moving.

km3

Because the members want a strike. They just don't know it yet. They want more, we will go back to the table and see what UPS has to say. I already know where this is going, so I'm getting you ready. Everyone wants to act like a tough guy on the keyboard, well lets see on the picket lines. I know of a lot of locals where their members will not honor these picket lines, but I feel you all need to see how it all shakes out. If it busts UPS as being Union or Teamsters so be it. You want this.

I don't. I just wonder why the committee seems to be looking out more for the company than for us, the dues paying members.

km3

All the more reason to Strike them.

That doesn't make any sense. It's the committee I'm frustrated with, not the company. Why didn't you guys push harder? Why did you allow the shortage on paychecks needed for penalty to apply to go up? Why is 17i in the Central supplement even more vague than the language we already had?

Did you guys listen to us at all?

Tony Q

That doesn't make any sense. It's the committee I'm frustrated with, not the company. Why didn't you guys push harder? Why did you allow the shortage on paychecks needed for penalty to apply to go up? Why is 17i in the Central supplement even more vague than the language we already had?

Did you guys listen to us at all?
All the more reason to vote no. Strike them.

Tony Q

I don't. I just wonder why the committee seems to be looking out more for the company than for us, the dues paying members.
15,000,000,000 is going to seriously change the bottom line. We thought this was sufficient. We need to make them pay more, I get it. We will make everyone pay.

mikejonesjr

15,000,000,000 is going to seriously change the bottom line. We thought this was sufficient. We need to make them pay more, I get it. We will make everyone pay.
Nobody asked to pay new hires $15.50 in 2022 etc. And I'm sure you counting that in your 15billion amount. That is the problem

The Range

In too deep
I just want to see you on the picket line. Then I want to see the outcome and how you act after its all over. You are unhappy working here, so I want to get this thing moving.

100% a troll. We're unhappy working at UPS? I enjoy the job. People are unhappy that you're screwing them over with an awful proposed contract (FACT) and continuing to carry on as a condescending prick with these such posts. Again, you are out of touch. I sincerely hope you are a nobody as I suspect. A leader you are not.

Tony Q

Nobody asked to pay new hires $15.50 in 2022 etc. And I'm sure you counting that in your 15billion amount. That is the problem
Actually everyone wanted them to start out at $15.00 an hour. Fred and the local 89 guys wanted this and I agree with them. You need to do your research.

km3

This isn't about money for me. I just want to see Article 17i in the central eliminated, or clarified with a specific, comprehensive list of "cardinal offenses." And penalty pay if your check is short by $5, not $25. I've never had the payroll problems in any other jobs that I have here. Supervisors constantly shave OT off of employee's checks to improve their "numbers," and it needs to stop. So reduce the amount, or increase the penalty pay to your full guarantee for every day a check is not issued.

So I guess it kind of is about money, but not higher wages. And realistically, if UPS didn't mess with people's checks, they wouldn't pay any extra penalty pay anyway.

mikejonesjr

Actually everyone wanted them to start out at $15.00 an hour. Fred and the local 89 guys wanted this and I agree with them. You need to do your research.
I'm aware, and when or if UPS decided they would only start at $13 this august they should of left it at that and put the extra resources elsewhere and kept progression. No current worker benefits from paying new hires more in the future. It's not future workers voting now is it. Dumb move

Tony Q

This isn't about money for me. I just want to see Article 17i in the central eliminated, or clarified with a specific, comprehensive list of "cardinal offenses." And penalty pay if your check is short by $5, not $25. I've never had the payroll problems in any other jobs that I have here. Supervisors constantly shave OT off of employee's checks to improve their "numbers," and it needs to stop. So reduce the amount, or increase the penalty pay to your full guarantee for every day a check is not issued.

So I guess it kind of is about money, but not higher wages. And realistically, if UPS didn't mess with people's checks, they wouldn't pay any extra penalty pay anyway.
I'm not an expert on that language, but to me it looks like you have to be a threat to the general public, the company, and your coworkers in order to get fired. It also looks like they have to call you local before they do it. What specific regions language do you like that you would replace it with?

Tony Q

I'm aware, and when or if UPS decided they would only start at $13 this august they should of left it at that and put the extra resources elsewhere and kept progression. No current worker benefits from paying new hires more in the future. It's not future workers voting now is it. Dumb move
Maybe you should do a little reading before you jump on the wrong mine. Read this one

UPS part-time “all others” will receive the following increases as part of the UPS Tentative Agreement.

New part-time start rates:

8/1/18: $13.00 8/1/19: $14.00 8/1/20: $14.50 8/1/21: $15.00 8/1/22: $15.50

General Wage Increases (GWI) for all part-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1, 2018:

8/1/18 = $.70 8/1/19 = $.75 8/1/20 = $.80 8/1/21 = $.90 8/1/22 = $1.00

All part-time employees who have attained senior- ity as of August 1, 2018 and are at three (3) years or less in the “all others” progression:

EXAMPLE: Rachel is a part-time “all others” employee who has nine (9) months of seniority. She is currently making $10.35 per hour. On August 1, 2018, Rachel will be eligible for the $.70 raise and can make no less than the new start rate of $13.00; and since the new start rate is higher than what
the raise will give Rachel, she will go to $13.00. The same will hold true for August 1, 2019—the new start rate of $14.00 will give Rachel a higher rate than the $.75 GWI so she will go to $14.00. Starting on August 1, 2020, however, the GWI will exceed the new start rates and so Rachel will receive the GWI for the duration of the contract, ending with a wage rate of $16.70 on August 1, 2022.

In addition, Rachel will get health insurance for herself and for her spouse and children right away (after her nine months of service) rather than having to wait one full year.*

All part-time employees who have attained senior- ity as of August 1, 2018 and are at four (4) years in the “all others” progression:

8/1/18: $13.20 8/1/19: $14.00 8/1/20: $14.80 8/1/21: $15.70 8/1/22: $16.70

8/1/18: $13.00 8/1/19: $14.00 8/1/20: $14.80 8/1/21: $15.70 8/1/22: $16.70

(new start rate) (new start rate) ($.80 GWI) ($.90 GWI) ($1.00 GWI)

EXAMPLE: Dave is a part-time “all others” em- ployee with four (4) years of seniority. He is cur- rently making $12.50 per hour. Since the GWI will result in a higher wage rate than the new start rate, he will receive the GWI and go to $13.20 on August 1, 2018. On August 1, 2019, the new start rate of $14.00 will result in a higher wage than the GWI, so Dave will go to $14.00. Dave will receive the remainder of the GWIs and will be at $16.70 on August 1, 2020.

A five-year “all others” employee with a start date of May 1, 2013:

EXAMPLE: Phil began his career at UPS just prior to the beginning of the 2013-2018 contract and was eligible for the GWI and could make
no less than the progression in the contract. He started at $8.50, went to $10.00 on August 1, 2013 and is currently at $13.80. Phil will get the GWIs and will be at a $17.95 wage rate on August 1, 2022.

In addition, as a five (5) year part-timer, Phil be- comes a participant in the UPS Pension Plan, a defined benefit pension plan.* The UPS Pension Plan is improved under the Tentative Agreement,

with a benefit of $60 per month/per year of cred- ited service and service pension of:

• $2,275.00 per month at any age after 35 years of part-time credited service

• $1,950.00 per month at any age after 30 years of part-time credited service

• $1,625.00 per month at age 60 with 25 years of part-time credited service

• $1,325.00 per month at any age with 25 years of part-time credited service

Unlike 401(k) plans, a defined benefit pension plan is a lifetime benefit.

Market Rate Adjustments and Minimum Wage Laws:

Seniority part-time employees as of August 1, 2018, who are receiving an hourly rate higher than set forth in Section (b), as a result of a Market Rate Ad- justment or any minimum wage law, shall not have their wage rate reduced due to the implementation of Article 22 and shall receive the annual general wage increases in section (a).
Part-Time Start Rates and Wage Increases in UPS Tentative Agreement

*The average UPS contribution for Part-Time Health & Welfare and Pension is $22.80 per hour. Full family medical coverage and a defined benefit pension is unheard of in Part-Time employment.

km3

What specific regions language do you like that you would replace it with?

I don't concern myself too much with regions other than my own. Just clarify what "other cardinal offenses" means. If it's behaving in an incredibly unsafe way, just say that. "other cardinal offenses that compromise the safety or security of other employees, the public, or the company."

It's not like they give us a handbook..m
I don't concern myself too much with regions other than my own. Just clarify what "other cardinal offenses" means. If it's behaving in an incredibly unsafe way, just say that. "other cardinal offenses that compromise the safety or security of other employees, the public, or the company."