Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • They are the scum of the earth

Votes: 19 16.1%

• Total voters

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You Union guys may not like it, but PVD's are probably here to stay and will multiply in numbers and technology, just like drones/autonomous vehicles.

wilberforce15

The wife doesn't work....

And you make enough working as a part-timer, to support 8 kids.

OK
Alright. I'm going to take this chance and put you in your place. You need it.

My shift is full of small business owners and tradesmen (plumbers, electricians, landscapers, etc.) who need the benefits, because paying out of pocket is ridiculous. And it gives them the flexibility to run a business without the 5 days a week of 10pm returns to the building all year long.

These are grown men making grown decisions, making a living equal to the drivers, and simply choose to do it differently.

Your unjustified contempt for part-timers is embarrassing, and you should be embarrassed. It's anti-union, and just plain dumb.

tramtwo

16 PVD routes in today that's going to grow to a total of 26 soon. My rough math guess is that they're going to do close to 10% of our peak volume this year. We will have about 85 routes in at our busiest.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's funny.

Coming from 2 long term part-timers.... that would be the 1st to cross a picket line.

I'm not even sure, you know what a wildcat strike is.
EC8B04DC-8693-48D7-B68A-193DEB5D2922.gif

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
I do not like the PVD situation one bit. Not only has it taken away from full time positions being created. A lot of our part timers will not be jumping this year because of it. These kids look forward to banking money during peak and it just isn't right.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Borderline. Sanctioned by the union so maybe not.

I would curtail the time they could be used to Thanksgiving to December 25. That's it. Also pension contributions gets made for every hour the pvd works.

Last edited: