Are PVD drivers Scabs?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • They are the scum of the earth

Votes: 19 16.1%

• Total voters
I will say that I'm not mad at the people taking a job during the holidays, as I would be someone crossing, but I do zero to help them out. I don't hate them, individually, but the position as a whole.

UPSER1987

I do not like the PVD situation one bit. Not only has it taken away from full time positions being created. A lot of our part timers will not be jumping this year because of it. These kids look forward to banking money during peak and it just isn't right.
The same kids that don’t sure up for their pt shift, give :censored2:ty effort and the same pt’ers drivers complain about every year? …riiiight.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Alright. I'm going to take this chance and put you in your place. You need it.

I'll bet this is gonna hurt.

My shift is full of small business owners and tradesmen (plumbers, electricians, landscapers, etc.) who need the benefits, because paying out of pocket is ridiculous. And it gives them the flexibility to run a business without the 5 days a week of 10pm returns to the building all year long.

These are grown men making grown decisions, making a living equal to the drivers, and simply choose to do it differently.

Thats a handful of people.

I ran a roofing business when I was part-time.

Your unjustified contempt for part-timers is embarrassing, and you should be embarrassed. It's anti-union, and just plain dumb.

Thats funny coming from you.

The majority of posts you make are anti-union.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I agree they are just trying to feed their family like everyone else. It is just one more concession allowed by the Union because the members don't care enough to get involved. I blame the members of the Teamster Union.

I'll never disagree with someone.... when they are right.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So you sucked at running the business?

Nope.

Made a lot of money.... legally.

The only way (most) make money, is work "under the table".

Ask your co-workers (the plumbers, electricians, etc) if they are licensed, bonded, and insured.

Better yet (if they are business owners) if they pay in to the states workers comp program.

wilberforce15

Nope.

Made a lot of money.... legally.

The only way (most) make money, is work "under the table".

Ask your co-workers (the plumbers, electricians, etc) if they are licensed, bonded, and insured.

Better yet (if they are business owners) if they pay in to the states workers comp program.
Sounds like you're just jealous of successful people who didn't fall into the full time trap.

Don't hate.

wilberforce15

Your posts only confirm.... what I already know.

Thanks.

That you should have stuck to roofing?

Here's the thing. Your disrespect of an entire class of people started it.

All you had to do, small union guy, is appreciate that all kinds people at ups might be worthy of representation or respect.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I was stunned when the union let PVD's in in the first place. They are never going away. The decision UPS has to make is:

1) Do I use relatively expensive union labor?
- or-
2) Do I use dirt cheap slave labor?

This is UPS after all....the barn door is open and it won't be easy, or even possible, to close.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I was stunned when the union let PVD's in in the first place. They are never going away. The decision UPS has to make is:

1) Do I use relatively expensive union labor?
- or-
2) Do I use dirt cheap slave labor?

This is UPS after all....the barn door is open and it won't be easy, or even possible, to close.
Not without some other stupid concessions by the union.