Are UPS Drivers Living paycheck-to-paycheck?

Dhydratd

I'm not waiting to expire before my kids get the inheritance. Been giving both of them cash for quite a few years now and will continue to as long as we can.
I did something similar but in a different way. Both my kids attended and graduated from a university. My wife and I didn’t want them starting out life in debt so we have been paying off their student loans for them. When we get the loan forgiveness Biden promised, we’ll only have $6k left to pay. After that, only the mortgage remains. Less than 5 years left until retirement, baby!!

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
People seem to forget that part time work or non skilled work isn’t supposed to be a job that pays the bills and that you can live off. McDonald’s workers and UPSs loaders are supposed to be 18-24 year old young adults in college for extra money. Not to raise a family on.

Only at ups where you can make north of 100k delivering packages, driving feeder trucks with free healthcare and a pension.

It would seem you would support your PT brothers in being able to share in the greed. Why can’t they be over paid box stackers?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Only at ups where you can make north of 100k delivering packages, driving feeder trucks with free healthcare and a pension.

It would seem you would support your PT brothers in being able to share in the greed. Why can’t they be over paid box stackers?
They can share in the “greed” when they put the years in that full time drivers do. Not work a 4 hour shift unloading a couple of trailers. Work 9-12 hours a day 6 days a week as they work their way to a full time route. Those part timers get the same free healthcare as the full timers and get a pension. That alone is worth tens of thousands a year. So they’re already doing way better that a part timer at McDonald’s. You don’t like it? Move up the ranks or get another job.

Trucker Clock

Because they are not in it for a FT job to make a living. They, or most, are in it for beer money or the health care. They don't get involved in the Union or even vote on contracts. Again, I so most, not all.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

They could if they’d vote
But they don’t
So they won’t

I was in the wrong business

PT Car Washer

They can share in the “greed” when they put the years in that full time drivers do. Not work a 4 hour shift unloading a couple of trailers. Work 9-12 hours a day 6 days a week as they work their way to a full time route. Those part timers get the same free healthcare as the full timers and get a pension. That alone is worth tens of thousands a year. So they’re already doing way better that a part timer at McDonald’s. You don’t like it? Move up the ranks or get another job.
The future of the American labor movement. "I got mine."

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The future of the American labor movement. "I got mine."
Yep. And I’m not voting for a strike over air conditioning or a couple bucks more an hour. Thankfully pro union Biden and his dem cronies squashed the railroad unions. Hopefully it sends a message to the teamsters leaders that the store isn’t wide open for them to take everything just because their buddies are in office.

trickpony1

Yep. And I’m not voting for a strike over air conditioning or a couple bucks more an hour. Thankfully pro union Biden and his dem cronies squashed the railroad unions. Hopefully it sends a message to the teamsters leaders that the store isn’t wide open for them to take everything just because their buddies are in office.
I'm told all the RR workers wanted was 7 sick days.
I'm told they are working long hours with little, if any, time off.

The RR's can't afford this? Really?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I'm told all the RR workers wanted was 7 sick days.
I'm told they are working long hours with little, if any, time off.

The RR's can't afford this? Really?
They got like a 25% raise over their already high pay and a 5,000$ bonus. Had health premiums capped. This was purely greedy unions thinking they can cash in on a democrat controlled government. No good union will let a member get fired for taking a sick day if they don’t have any available to use. We’ve made due with five days and I haven’t heard any complaints. UPS could afford to buy all of its workers Ferrari’s, should they? Hate that they can afford it argument. If the company isn’t making profits then they’re not going to expand. If the they’re not making profits than you’re not going to have a job period.

PT Car Washer

They got like a 25% raise over their already high pay and a 5,000$ bonus. Had health premiums capped. This was purely greedy unions thinking they can cash in on a democrat controlled government. No good union will let a member get fired for taking a sick day if they don’t have any available to use. We’ve made due with five days and I haven’t heard any complaints. UPS could afford to buy all of its workers Ferrari’s, should they? Hate that they can afford it argument. If the company isn’t making profits then they’re not going to expand. If the they’re not making profits than you’re not going to have a job period.
8 out of the 12 Unions representing the RR workers voted to accept the new contract. My Teamster Local does not have any paid sick days. No work, no pay.

Tita

What can we do when they don’t have our checks for us it’s already Monday and where supposed to have our checks on Thursday and they still don’t have them

HavenoEDD

It is not like the old days when UPS had the pick of the litter...most of the part timers today are not college kids, we are now hiring ex cons and they are our best workers.
The hiring standards have dropped significantly then again standards in general at this place have dropped.