Are UPS Drivers Living paycheck-to-paycheck?

Trucker Clock

Strongly advise you to look into solar power. We've had it for 6 months, 1800sq ft home our average electric bill when we get one is $21.00. Haven't gotten a bill in 4 months.

How much did you pay, or how much is your monthly payment, for the installation of said solar panels, batteries and inverter?

You have to take that into account. And those batteries don’t last forever and are a fortune to replace.

Mr. Marshall

Strongly advise you to look into solar power. We've had it for 6 months, 1800sq ft home our average electric bill when we get one is $21.00. Haven't gotten a bill in 4 mon

How much did you pay, or how much is your monthly payment, for the installation of said solar panels, batteries and inverter?

You have to take that into account. And those batteries don’t last forever and are a fortune to replace.
If you are making payments on the solar panels it makes your house much tougher to sell and it can lead to problems with increased home insurance. There are so many scammer solar companies out there signing people to crazy deals with huge balloon payments etc. etc.

The original post was talking like $500 for electricity which is insane. I live in a suburb of top 10 city by people in America (just pointing out I don't live in the middle of nowhere) and I have a 2500 foot square house and I've never hit $100 a month when I wasn't running my inflatable hot tub which costs somewhere around $60-$80 a month to keep the water at 104 but it is so worth it after a long day of work.

Trucker Clock

If you are making payments on the solar panels it makes your house much tougher to sell and it can lead to problems with increased home insurance. There are so many scammer solar companies out there signing people to crazy deals with huge balloon payments etc. etc.

The original post was talking like $500 for electricity which is insane. I live in a suburb of top 10 city by people in America (just pointing out I don't live in the middle of nowhere) and I have a 2500 foot square house and I've never hit $100 a month when I wasn't running my inflatable hot tub which costs somewhere around $60-$80 a month to keep the water at 104 but it is so worth it after a long day of work.

How much is your gas bill though? You have to take that into account.

Gas stove, furnace, water heater drastically reduces the amount of electricity used.

Where do you live? Do you need to run A/C or heat year round?

How much is your electricity per kWh?

I am paying around $300/mo for electricity but I do not have a gas bill. All electric.

JustDeliverIt

I have had solar panels on my house since 2017. Local incentives made it a steal to set up. Nice thing about our system is we back feed into our energy supplier, no batteries needed. When they set the system up they also installed a new meter that when we generate more power than using our meter rolls backwards. We use more than we generate, we pay for what we use.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I have had solar panels on my house since 2017. Local incentives made it a steal to set up. Nice thing about our system is we back feed into our energy supplier, no batteries needed. When they set the system up they also installed a new meter that when we generate more power than using our meter rolls backwards. We use more than we generate, we pay for what we use.
Just be careful with this advice, some cities and states solar panels are a great other areas they are extremely predatory and will cost you money. One of these items is they effectively have a monopoly on the power purchase back rate. Good Last Week Tonight segment on it

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

Yea I figure those are for houses with terrible insulation problems, I only get charged $25-35 a month in the shoebox.

JustDeliverIt

Just be careful with this advice, some cities and states solar panels are a great other areas they are extremely predatory and will cost you money. One of these items is they effectively have a monopoly on the power purchase back rate. Good Last Week Tonight segment on it

I agree, got to do what’s right for you. In NY at the time, the federal, state and local governments were giving incentives. Got a system with installation valued at $16,700 for $3,800. Even if it only worked a few years it was worth it. Been going good so far with no issues.

Over70irregs

1663836275804.png

ThePackageDeli

I totally agree with EVERYTHING you posted.
Real estate photography on websites like Zillow and Realtor.com are inadvertent time capsules. They give us an inside look into the lifestyles of people from the 50's and 60's and it's fascinating to see how the standard of living has increased. In terms of material goods, I think it's fair to say that each successive generation has done "better" than the one before it. Most Millennials I know are doing better financially than their parents were at the same age.

JustDeliverIt

Real estate photography on websites like Zillow and Realtor.com are inadvertent time capsules. They give us an inside look into the lifestyles of people from the 50's and 60's and it's fascinating to see how the standard of living has increased. In terms of material goods, I think it's fair to say that each successive generation has done "better" than the one before it. Most Millennials I know are doing better financially than their parents were at the same age.

Because many are still living in their parent’s basement.

rod

Retired 22 years
From outward appearances it seems so. It seen every young couple now days just has to have 2 new vehicles and a new house. Throw in a boat and a $25,000 + sided by side ATV and don't forget the $100,000 student loan they are paying on to cover what they majored in in college that they aren't doing now. Yes-- from outward appearances it does look like they are financially doing great but the majority of them are so far in the hole they will never be able to retire. A lot of them are just waiting until their parents die thinking they will inherit a bunch on money---and many of those will be fooled.