Are we getting paid overtime today?

Fire Ball

Since July 4th falls on a Saturday... UPS holiday calendar says toady is an observed holiday, but we are working..
So, we should be paid overtime for all the hours worked and holiday pay for Saturday.
Am I correct?

AwashBwashCwash

Went to work today.
Got paid regular.
Was an absolute catastrophe.
No one knew what was going on.
Route plans changed upwards of 5 times.
Handled the same stuff 4-5 times, and will again on Monday.

Zowert

Normal working day for everyone today. Twenty-two fours get the day off with pay tomorrow. Not sure if you get holiday pay if you’re M-friend, that would be sweet if we do.

AwashBwashCwash

What they should have done is given everyone an extra option day. That would have been fair.
I don't care about the extra day pay. Time away from that place is what is important to me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What they should have done is given everyone an extra option day. That would have been fair.
I don't care about the extra day pay. Time away from that place is what is important to me.
July 3 is not a holiday, July 4 is. Those scheduled to work tomorrow are off.

AwashBwashCwash

July 3 is not a holiday, July 4 is. Those scheduled to work tomorrow are off.

I didn't say July 3 is a holiday, I said we should have been given an extra option day to compensate us for losing a holiday.
The whole point of a holiday is to have time off.
Since there's a specified number of holidays in the contract, and we aren't able to observe one of them since it falls on a Saturday, we should be given an option day to still get the time off.
That's what seems fair to me but I know you work-cultist guys get a thrill from slaving away.

I didn't say July 3 is a holiday, I said we should have been given an extra option day to compensate us for losing a holiday.
The whole point of a holiday is to have time off.
Since there's a specified number of holidays in the contract, and we aren't able to observe one of them since it falls on a Saturday, we should be given an option day to still get the time off.
That's what seems fair to me but I know you work-cultist guys get a thrill from slaving away.
Same to go for Black Friday