Are we organizing for this?

SLW

I'm a convicted criminal and an essential worker with family that are high risk, so I'm going to have to hard disagree. That said, if I feel any COVID-like symptoms, I'm not going to be seeking a test, I'll just be quarantining and self-treating until it's time to go to the hospital. And that seems likely the way the UPS operation is going.

cachmeifucan

So screw convicts I'm essential and my sister is a high risk my son just had a surgery and I wanted a test but can't get one because I'm not dying this system is broken a clinic I use my wife and son go to often has test but I feel like a a customer in the community I should get 1.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So screw convicts I'm essential and my sister is a high risk my son just had a surgery and I wanted a test but can't get one because I'm not dying this system is broken a clinic I use my wife and son go to often has test but I feel like a a customer in the community I should get 1.
You don't need a test you need to grow a pair.

Scuderia

What is the company doing/not doing that you would like to see them continue doing/change?

Hire a company to disinfect the trucks, diads and facility daily. Remove all signature required services. Stop trying to profit off of this, and hire PVD and seasonal drivers. Don’t send out drivers with helpers (social distancing much?). Don’t volunteer to deliver and pickup COVID home test kits.

ManInBrown

Umm because if someone has it and isn't showing signs if they are wearing a mask they probably won't spread it as much I have a feeling that explanation won't be enough. Once again late to the party soon it will be a requirement in public
Huh? You agreed with what I said. I’m confused

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Nothing will sincerely protect any of us from this disease. The only effective prophylaxis for a UPS driver is to get plenty of sleep, stay hydrated, eat a well-balanced diet, cut back/eliminate smoking/drinking, and from there it's mostly out of our hands. Going the boomer route and just 'staying home' for the next couple weeks/months does nothing, especially if you're on the couch like a fat slob and not actively increasing your lung capacity, exercising 60-90 minutes/day, doing Yoga or Tai-Chi to relive stress and improve circulation, etc.

People out in public wearing a mask and gloves to go to Target are just too stupid for words. They really think it's worth spending $5/trip in PPE to go to the grocery store, still risking exposure while looking like a complete goof, in lieu of spending the $5-10 and having the stuff delivered to their doorstep. Madness.

I'm gonna put on my mask and go buy a pack of cigarettes.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
I'm gonna put on my mask and go buy a pack of cigarettes.
20200315_210132.jpg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I see it every day, the sort calls for a 10 minute break and everybody with smokes or vaporing rushes to the designated smoke area that is probably 10 feet by 10 puffing away. Then they come back smoking (exhaling) at the very entrance where the customer counter is, no consideration to the risk they are putting others in.

This is an airborne germ, whether natural or man-made. We just got the indication from scientists just 2 weeks ago. We probably all got it and will have to live with it till a vaccine is made, much like the common cold and other strains of the flu viruses.

The truth about the origins of this germ will come out. I have my suspicions by the earlier reflective claim of a high up Chinese bureaucrat that a United States soldier spread this "Biological Weapon" . Why would he say that if this germ was a natural mistake...?

China's claim that less than 4,000 deaths in a land mass equal to the US really does not add up to the death totals that other smaller nations that have suffered like Italy or Spain and New York City currently. If that claim is correct it brings into question whether there is a unknown cure or treatment that they might have or it was genetically manufactured to severely attack certain nationalities (Blood Types "A") or genders and age groupings. This germ could of been started like the previous ones (Naturally), but who one question me if somebody, somewhere was experimenting and modifying the Germ.....
:runcirclsmiley2:

Last edited:
I see it every day, the sort calls for a 10 minute break and everybody with smokes or vaporing rushes to the designated smoke area that is probably 10 feet by 10 puffing away. Then they come back smoking (exhaling) at the very entrance where the customer counter is, no consideration to the risk they are putting others in.

This is an airborne germ, whether natural or man-made. We just got the indication from scientists just 2 weeks ago. We probably all got it and will have to live with it till a vaccine is made, much like the common cold and other strains of the flu viruses.

The truth about the origins of this germ will come out. I have my suspicions by the earlier reflective claim of a high up Chinese bureaucrat that a United States soldier spread this "Biological Weapon" . Why would he say that if this germ was a natural mistake...?

China's claim that less than 4,000 deaths in a land mass equal to the US really does not add up to the death totals that other smaller nations that have suffered like Italy or Spain and New York City currently. If that claim is correct it brings into question whether there is a unknown cure or treatment that they might have or it was genetically manufactured to severely attack certain nationalities (Blood Types "A") or genders and age groupings. This germ could of been started like the previous ones (Naturally), but who one question me if somebody, somewhere was experimenting and modifying the Germ.....
:runcirclsmiley2:
I’m willing to hear all theories. Yours is interesting. When did blood types become nationalities?
No gloves, no masks at UPS today.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
No gloves, no masks at UPS today.
UPS doesn't prepare well, or care enough about its employees.

However our center has now got plenty of gloves for us all.
The center managers from the three centers around us all pooled together, and bought over 2K USD worth of hand sanitizer from a distillery that converted.

A couple of our employees' sole jobs is now to sanitize the scanners, Diads, and everything else that gets touched constantly.

Things aren't perfect, but we need to be able to separate Corporate from Management. I believe my center manager wants to do what he can to help us. Same for Preload manager.

Slacker45

What Amazon is doing seems good. If this is truly an essential business, we should be getting temp checks and masks. How well is UPS going to function with 40-70% of its workers out sick?
This is what I'm waiting for... 1 person gets it from a hospital they deliver to, the whole center gets it. Within 2 weeks almost every1 will be on 2 weeks paid off. Then what. Then how many if those workers have
Nothing will sincerely protect any of us from this disease. The only effective prophylaxis for a UPS driver is to get plenty of sleep, stay hydrated, eat a well-balanced diet, cut back/eliminate smoking/drinking, and from there it's mostly out of our hands. Going the boomer route and just 'staying home' for the next couple weeks/months does nothing, especially if you're on the couch like a fat slob and not actively increasing your lung capacity, exercising 60-90 minutes/day, doing Yoga or Tai-Chi to relive stress and improve circulation, etc.

People out in public wearing a mask and gloves to go to Target are just too stupid for words. They really think it's worth spending $5/trip in PPE to go to the grocery store, still risking exposure while looking like a complete goof, in lieu of spending the $5-10 and having the stuff delivered to their doorstep. Madness.
Lung capacity wont matter when their full of liquid. That's what pneumonia is. It's what people dont realize. You die from ards. Lung capacity wont really help you when your drowning in your own blood and fluids

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This is what I'm waiting for... 1 person gets it from a hospital they deliver to, the whole center gets it. Within 2 weeks almost every1 will be on 2 weeks paid off. Then what. Then how many if those workers have

Lung capacity wont matter when their full of liquid. That's what pneumonia is. It's what people dont realize. You die from ards. Lung capacity wont really help you when your drowning in your own blood and fluids

I keep licking doorknobs and elevator buttons in my hospital and clinics. Haven't caught it yet. The stinking sanitation workers keep sterilizing everything.