FedEx to go on strike Friday

Star B

White Lightening
Dunno y some of us are finding express packages in these times; we're not in that test market area & we don't need that date certain freight if some routes are rolling overflow for up to a week now.
Because it isn't a "test" anymore. It's live. Even my neck of the woods is doing the package diversion.

fedx

Extra Large Package
First I'm hearing of this. I'm sure it will go swimmingly.

I have no idea why anyone would want a bump up in pay during a crisis. I mean sure, fast food restaurants, Target, and a bunch of other companies gave a temp pay spiff to compensate for working as an essential employee, but FedEx gave us a nice thank you letter in place of a pay bump. What more could you ask for?? This letter is suitable for framing. How could you be so greedy and want more money when they got this awesome thank you letter? The nerve of some people.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I'd recommend not walking off the job Friday. You, Amazon... have no union protection. You're basically quitting, no different than walking away last Friday at lunch or the Friday before that.

Also, a terrible low turn out walking off the job plays into the company's hands. Plus, keep in mind 30-million on unemployment right now & growing and not all will get their jobs back.

We're considered essential, look out for #1 is my philosophy.

Purple no more

I tell you right now. I know from personal experience that FedEx will not allow it's employees to go on strike. Anyone that calls in "Sick" will be expected to turn in a doctors note. Anyone that does not will be subject to PIP up to and including dismissal. If you feel strongly enough to walk out, do it. But I warn you right now that there WILL be repercussions.

dezguy

I tell you right now. I know from personal experience that FedEx will not allow it's employees to go on strike. Anyone that calls in "Sick" will be expected to turn in a doctors note. Anyone that does not will be subject to PIP up to and including dismissal. If you feel strongly enough to walk out, do it. But I warn you right now that there WILL be repercussions.
The only way this works is if everyone calls in, which you know would never happen. Too many Kool aid drinkers still out there.

If everyone called in, it would be damn near impossible for FedEx to demand dr notes from everyone and to discipline everyone.

AB831

The only way this works is if everyone calls in, which you know would never happen. Too many Kool aid drinkers still out there.

If everyone called in, it would be damn near impossible for FedEx to demand dr notes from everyone and to discipline everyone.
Dude, the Kool Aid drinking within the company borders on religious devotion. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Are you kidding me? So they're still foisting Express work on Ground even in the midst of this?
You need only look at FedEx's track record on implementing new processes and procedures to know that, come hell or high water, this program is going forward.

You need only look at FedEx's track record of success in implementing new processes and procedures to know how the outcome of this is going to turn out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Dude, the Kool Aid drinking within the company borders on religious devotion. I've never seen anything quite like it.
I used to be one of those. Well, not quite that bad, but I was loyal. All it takes is once being screwed by the company and you wake up real fast. My motto now until retirement is to plug along and do my job. No more, no less.

AB831

I used to be one of those. Well, not quite that bad, but I was loyal. All it takes is once being screwed by the company and you wake up real fast. My motto now until retirement is to plug along and do my job. No more, no less.
From my understanding, it used to be a great place to work. I started in 2016.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

LOL, nothing will happen.

Can't arbitrarily require a doc's note unless an employee has a habit of questionable sick calls, and especially not during a pandemic when much of the country is shut down. Anyone who doesn't have existing attendance issues who gets discipline for a sick call this Friday would win a GFT claim and probably at step one.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm too broke to go on strike, still waiting for my stimulus check...

My station has gotten all the PPE that you could possibly want, except none of the employees care to wear masks or gloves or anything. If the virus doesn't get them, the summer heat and exhaustion will.
That will teach you not to pay your taxes

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
LOL, nothing will happen.

Can't arbitrarily require a doc's note unless an employee has a habit of questionable sick calls, and especially not during a pandemic when much of the country is shut down. Anyone who doesn't have existing attendance issues who gets discipline for a sick call this Friday would win a GFT claim and probably at step one.
In our district, a Monday/Friday sick call requires a Dr.’s note.

Are you saying this is not policy?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In our district, a Monday/Friday sick call requires a Dr.’s note.

Are you saying this is not policy?

Wait, the "questionable sick calls" has changed and now applies to merit hourly only, not step progression hourly. Step progression hourly can require a note for any absence. That said, discipline for a call this Friday wouldn't stand.