FedEx to go on strike Friday

Damon77

I'm too broke to go on strike, still waiting for my stimulus check...

My station has gotten all the PPE that you could possibly want, except none of the employees care to wear masks or gloves or anything. If the virus doesn't get them, the summer heat and exhaustion will.

Rich13

So looks like this won’t happen if all fedex employees don’t band as one and fight for what is right in this hard time. 1or 2 employees calling in won’t make a difference

It will be fine

So looks like this won’t happen if all fedex employees don’t band as one and fight for what is right in this hard time. 1or 2 employees calling in won’t make a difference
Wildcat strike with 26 million newly unemployed in the last month. The only ones that will walk out are young people with no responsibilities that have never had to find a job in a tight labor market.

Rich13

Yeah that’s what I figured.Thats why FedEx is only gaining for the pandemic volume has went up at express and fedex will be laughing to the bank while we continue to get payed the same rate and risking our health

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
We're not getting hazard pay... plus this never-ending ecommerce avalanche is starting to burn some drivers out. My state exceed the 100,000 mark of positive covid cases last week and still climbing.

Working 7 days straight close to midnight, some goes past that... some are now allowed to have one day off. Me, I'll do a big box iC ireg day just to have a half day of work and rest up... refreshing to clock out at 1800 once in a while

Starting to recruit from anyone willing to work that needs income, so at least there's relief in the horizon.

Uptick in road traffic, even with the stay home rule in place... people are getting cabin fever.

Still relatively light on road traffic and no white powder to slip/slide around in, but relentless resi volume.

The management has to tell these drivers to cram the perishables, medical supplies, and essentials as priority freight if they can't load everything for the day. The trampolines, rug rolls, and furniture will just have to wait.

Dunno y some of us are finding express packages in these times; we're not in that test market area & we don't need that date certain freight if some routes are rolling overflow for up to a week now.

Back to the rat race... Hope all is well for everyone here.