Are we organizing for this?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What Amazon is doing seems good. If this is truly an essential business, we should be getting temp checks and masks. How well is UPS going to function with 40-70% of its workers out sick?
80% of the people that get COVID-19 are not aware they have it ... so maybe 20% of its workers out sick.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you’re retired, please keep quiet. Nothing you experienced ever compares to this.
unnamed (1).jpg

SLW

80% of the people that get COVID-19 are not aware they have it ... so maybe 20% of its workers out sick.
The 80% number is of mild cases, which is like a normal flu. So you're still unlikely to come to work. 1.2% was the percentage of truly asymptomatic cases from that same study. But in any case 20% out would still cause major issues.

fishtm2001

Politico reported: “Meatpacking plants have become incubators for the virus as employees work side-by-side in dangerous conditions. Twenty meatpacking and processing workers have died from coronavirus, and at least 6,500 have been affected, according to the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union.

SLW

Most of my friends and family work in construction in the same area my UPS facility is. Every construction site has a screening area where you are screened and have your temperature taken. Those are NON-UNION jobs.

fishtm2001

donald invoking the Defense Production Act, has ordered meatpacking plants to stay open no matter the cost. Plants won’t even close for a deep cleaning when a deadly pathogen is found. The president said he is protecting companies from liability – you know, in case somebody keels over because of someone else’s negligence.

SLW

All about the money. Anyone actually believe reopening stuff right now is bc it's safe and things are improving vs reducing unemployment pay outs?

KOG72

I’m full of it
The facts show hospitals are not and will not be overwhelmed. It's time to reopen.

Everyone knows the only thing you care about is getting a leftist in the White House.
I don’t know the count on the cases in every state but it sure seems like all of the counties around me plus the one I live in the numbers are rising.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The reason for the shutdowns was so hospitals don't get overwhelmed.

The facts say it's past time to reopen.

...in some parts of the country....in New York they will start reopening on a regional basis on 5/15...the part of the state that I live in will not open up right away...I really, really need a haircut... :)

KOG72

I’m full of it
...in some parts of the country....in New York they will start reopening on a regional basis on 5/15...the part of the state that I live in will not open up right away...I really, really need a haircut... :)
Just pull a Anderson Cooper and do it yourself,he really gaped his hair a couple of weeks ago and he showed it on tv.

KOG72

I’m full of it
One of our local TV weathermen did the same-----the right side of his head was just fine----the left----not so much.
Well we are all going through this guess we have to do what we have to.You might better make an appointment for a haircut because when they open back up they are going to be booming.